Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border (63610 Views)

Wagner's Boss Prigozhin Spotted In Niger's Border Nation Mali / War Begins - AL Qaeda Attacks Wagner Forces On Mali Niger Border / Some 300-400 Ukrainian Troops Blocked At Azot Plant In Severodonetsk - LPR Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by MadeINchenzen2: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2023
Hundreds of trucks bound for Niger have been blocked in Malanville, the border town between Benin and Niger, following the coup.

This has been going on for weeks, with Benin having closed its border with Niger in accordance with one of the decisions taken by the ECOWAS. Transporters in the border town have been hard hit according to reports gathered.

“When you're parked like that, the validity of the insurance runs out every day, the technical inspection too, the papers are running out. Let's not even talk about the food here. How much are you going to eat in two weeks?” drivers laments.

https://twitter.com/Regency_NG/status/1690626596455972864?t=lI8et9UTDBr54015R85s4Q&s=19

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Puss360(f): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2023
Pics nko?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by helinues: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2023
That's inevitable. Movement should be restricted.

ECOWAS wouldn't want arms to be smuggled via that route

216 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Kingosytex(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Smuggled to and from where?
It's ECOWAS no longer an economic community?
Why can't Tinubu and ECOWAS allow Nigeriens carry their cross?
Why cry more than the bereaved?
The Nigeriens are happy, why cry for them?

319 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Ikaeniyan0: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

It's ECOWAS no longer and economic community?
Tinubu didn't force Benin republic to block thier borders.

163 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by helinues: 8:47am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

We are neighbors fcs, why not consider the influx of displaced people when Nigeria government are yet to respond to the people displaced in Nigeria

172 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by allanphash7(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2023
My pity goes to those who are supporting this nonsense

A lot of people doesn't know that this nonsense war is for the benefits of the people in the corridor of power in the world?

Both the West and Russia

Nonsense war and Stvpid supporers

37 Likes

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Fugazy2023: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2023
They should transfer the blame to the military juntas that overthrew a legitimate government. If the coup didn't occur, the sanctions wouldn't have happened

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by CaptainAyub: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba wants to fight Niger Republic, simple!
Cos as at this morning,middle belt forum has joined the NE and NW to reject Nigerian involvement.
We Igbos are already known to have rejected it.
SS too.
Remaining yoruba moozlems and tilumbu

MODIFIED
These are my reasons and this is the way any typical Igbo will see it.

Nigeria is currently broke,the fight against bandits and boko haram has already drained enough of our resources both human, material and financial.
Imagine adding another drain to it?
A broke country like Nigeria shouldn't be doing things that won't benefit them materially, at least at this period.,it's like helping out a neighbour by buying her children clothes when your own children can't eat basic food.
This is my major reason.

2,the coup seems to have some level of acceptance by the citizens,why not allow them sort themselves out,or engage in long drawn negotiations with the junta first instead of jumping into a fight immediately?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Philomath1212: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

There's more to international governance and border management than all these your thoughts...

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by PlayerMeji: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2023
These are some of the hardships people go through in war situations.

To those of you fanning the embers of war!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by xristos(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2023
sad
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by DaRuud(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by seunlayi(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2023
Prices of food on the rise already and more increases if this continue
... Shege pro loading

8 Likes

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by AmotekunSW: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

ECOWAS means ECONOMIC COMMUNITY of West African States.

You don't even understand what ECOWAS means but you are here typing nonsense as if commonsense is your mortal enemy.

All these stupid Ipobidient pigs sef

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by seunlayi(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2023
I pity those with perishable goods in transit, I pray they will be able to overcome this impending loses

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by beardedboy(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

I do not support military intervention in Niger but this your post is pure rubbish.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by nairalanda1(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:

Very true.

Let them carry their cross

In five years time they would learn what we Nigerians learned in 1974 and 1993 , and start banging on the cage to be let out.

But as we learned back then, nobody would hear them.

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Bioboy1213(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
Fake pics,
I was expecting Renault trucks not Daf XF, that's what they used along that corridor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Biggie999(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
Here we go
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by kindlyheart: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
helinues:

Weapons Will always flowing in through libya boarder
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Nemesis0147(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
Africans and unnecessary hardship..

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
Let's wait to see some ignoramuses blame it on Tinubu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Antiochus(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
I pity those with perishables Chai..

1 Like

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by BigYash: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2023
If leaders were doing the right thing, things like this won't happen. Look at how Tinubu and his wicked government is treating Nigerians,as if they are not human beings currently.. They have all the resources to make Nigeria the best country in the world,but they will rather loot the resources for their personal use.. One idiot was blaming Buhari days ago ,for Tinubu's failure,as if its not the same APC . Fools!

Apc blamed PDP for their failure in 8years.. Now APC is blaming APC, for APC failure in Tinubu's "so called " government

Now ,Apc is not even concerned about how to make the country better for citizens, na war when no concern Tinubu he carry for head. I am not surprised.. What do you expect from an ex drug Baron and an election rigger ..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Military coup should not be tolerated but I also hate western neocolonialism in Africa!
Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by helinues: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2023
kindlyheart:

Weapons Will always flowing in through libya boarder

But at least Nigeria border can be checked

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by nairalanda1(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2023
beardedboy:

I do not support military intervention in Niger but this your post is pure rubbish.

No,he is right.

Very right.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by seunlayi(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Some business men and women life's are about to be ruined

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks blocked at Benin-Niger border by nairalanda1(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2023
AmadeGTG:
Dear nairalanders.

Do you have a hairline that is backsliding like Michael Jackson 🕺 ?. Do you put on cap to cover your receding hairline. ?
Are you below 43 and already developing bald hair ? If this is you let me help you today. I have a hair solution that works, made out of veg, fruits, spirit and oils. I can show you how it’s been prepared and you will make it YOURSELF at home. I charge 1200naira for my recipe and it works like magic. See my WhatsApp number on bio

Or you can simply save money by embracing being bald.

A lot of famous people are bald. It did not hinder them cheesy

106 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Amarachuka Enyia, Kanye West Supports Mayor Of Chicago Contestant With $73K / Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets / Prince William & Harry Unveil Princess Diana's Statue (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.