Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola (1207 Views)

Osun 2018: Frustration Sets In For Omisore, Set To Dump PDP / Don’t Vote For Omisore, My Father’s Death Must Not Be In Vain - Muyiwa Ige / Exclusive Photos From Pres. Jonathan Campaigns For Omisore In Oshgbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by talk2smat(m): 2:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Osun State on Tuesday urged the people of the state against voting for the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

Oyinlola, who publicly declared for the All Progressives Congress at the mega rally of the party held at the Osogbo Township Stadium, on Tuesday, accused Omisore of being selfish.

He urged the people of the state to vote for Governor Rauf Aregbesola, who incidentally, was the one who unseated him from office after a marathon legal battle which lasted over three-and-a-half years.

The former National Secretary of the PDP, who spoke in Yoruba language, said that his former party was not fair to the Yoruba people, saying there was no Yoruba person occupying any of the top 20 political offices in the country.

Oyinlola alleged that he was badly treated by the PDP which, he said he was very loyal to.

Oyinlola said, “The candidate of their party is selfish. I don’t know how Bola Ige was killed. Although Omisore was accused of killing Bola Ige, God knows who was responsible for the killing.

“Let us look at this; he (Omisore) picked Prof. Wale Oladipo, who was in the prison with him (over Bola Ige’s case) to replace me as the National Secretary of the PDP. He nominated Jelili Adesiyan who was also with him at Agodi Prison as a minister and he installed Gani Olaoluwa, who was also with them at the prison as the PDP chairman in the state.

“Does it mean that we cannot hold public office except we are former prisoners? The running mate (Adejare Bello) is the only one different. The PDP is now empty; they pushed former Governor Isiaka Adeleke out, Alhaji Fatai Akinbade (Labour Party candidate) left them when he saw the way they were doing and I have also left them for the APC.”

Oyinlola added that Omisore had nothing good in stock for the people of the state while hailing the performance of Aregbesola who he urged the people to support.

But the Chairman of the PDP in Osun State, Alhaji Gani Olaoluwa, in a statement issued to react to Oyinlola’s defection, wished him well in his new political party.

Olaoluwa said that the former governor required prayers as he started a political journey with the APC, which he described as a party of professional liars.

The PDP chairman said Oyinlola’s defection was beyond the ordinary while stating that the secret behind it would soon be blown open.

He said, “I am sure that his immediate and extended family members will even be disappointed. As a political party, the PDP in Osun has shock absorbers to contain such eventuality as we are always prepared legally, constitutionally and politically.”

Credit: http://www.punchng.com/news/why-osun-must-not-vote-for-omisore-oyinlola/

Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by dunkem21(m): 2:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Crap!
Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 06, 2014
So because PDP treated him badly, Osun people will now fight for him by not voting Omisore. He must be an 1diot. Osun people will be bigger 1diots if they partake in a vendetta that they know nothing about and will not also benefit from.

3 Likes

Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by simeonabio(m): 3:27am On Aug 06, 2014
Oyinola was helped to be a governor for almost 8 year on the platform of pdp, yet he is claiming pdp maltreated him. An ungrateful element and self centered mind. Shame on oyinola!

3 Likes

Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by Alakpoweri: 3:44am On Aug 06, 2014
talk2smat: Former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Osun State on Tuesday urged the people of the state against voting for the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

Oyinlola, who publicly declared for the All Progressives Congress at the mega rally of the party held at the Osogbo Township Stadium, on Tuesday, accused Omisore of being selfish.

He urged the people of the state to vote for Governor Rauf Aregbesola, who incidentally, was the one who unseated him from office after a marathon legal battle which lasted over three-and-a-half years.

The former National Secretary of the PDP, who spoke in Yoruba language, said that his former party was not fair to the Yoruba people, saying there was no Yoruba person occupying any of the top 20 political offices in the country.

Oyinlola alleged that he was badly treated by the PDP which, he said he was very loyal to.

Oyinlola said, “The candidate of their party is selfish. I don’t know how Bola Ige was killed. Although Omisore was accused of killing Bola Ige, God knows who was responsible for the killing.

“Let us look at this; he (Omisore) picked Prof. Wale Oladipo, who was in the prison with him (over Bola Ige’s case) to replace me as the National Secretary of the PDP. He nominated Jelili Adesiyan who was also with him at Agodi Prison as a minister and he installed Gani Olaoluwa, who was also with them at the prison as the PDP chairman in the state.

“Does it mean that we cannot hold public office except we are former prisoners? The running mate (Adejare Bello) is the only one different. The PDP is now empty; they pushed former Governor Isiaka Adeleke out, Alhaji Fatai Akinbade (Labour Party candidate) left them when he saw the way they were doing and I have also left them for the APC.”

Oyinlola added that Omisore had nothing good in stock for the people of the state while hailing the performance of Aregbesola who he urged the people to support.

But the Chairman of the PDP in Osun State, Alhaji Gani Olaoluwa, in a statement issued to react to Oyinlola’s defection, wished him well in his new political party.

Olaoluwa said that the former governor required prayers as he started a political journey with the APC, which he described as a party of professional liars.

The PDP chairman said Oyinlola’s defection was beyond the ordinary while stating that the secret behind it would soon be blown open.

He said, “I am sure that his immediate and extended family members will even be disappointed. As a political party, the PDP in Osun has shock absorbers to contain such eventuality as we are always prepared legally, constitutionally and politically.”

Credit: http://www.punchng.com/news/why-osun-must-not-vote-for-omisore-oyinlola/
Du u no what u are Duing. A p c will push u out in time of problem oooo
Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by onatisi(m): 3:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Absolute nonsense. This guy will still go back to pdp. So because omisore nominated his friends for posts makes omisore a selfish person? If these are the kind of leaders in nigeria then nigeria is in deep deep shit .
Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by Nobody: 3:57am On Aug 06, 2014
So oyinlola wasn't aware of this when he was still with them? Mtcheew, leave this politicians they are the same everywhere. They all lack shame and ego, going back to leak my vomit is one thing I will never do

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by onatisi(m): 4:07am On Aug 06, 2014
chimoz: So oyinlola wasn't aware of this when he was still with them? Mtcheew, leave this politicians they are the same everywhere. They all lack shame and ego, going back to leak my vomit is one thing I will never do
don't be surprised seeing him back in pdp in about 6months from now.
Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Because he was not allowed to be the enemy from within in the PDP, that is why the PDP does not like the south west. I didn't know Oyinlola alone is the south west.

I wonder how history would record this 4th Republic and it's crop of politicians.
Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by 1Book(m): 4:36am On Aug 06, 2014
....GEJ has succeeded in distabilizing PDP in the southwest...to the extent of one not seeing a yoruba in the top 20 office of his Government...so why does he want our votes?
Even if Oyinlola didnt make these comments and was still with the PDP, Aregbesola has a better chance of winning omisore....who was/is still the prime suspect of Bola Ige's death.

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Must Not Vote For Omisore –oyinlola by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:45am On Aug 06, 2014
He's a sore loser

(1) (Reply)

Do People Really Do Blood Money In Nigeria? / TB Joshua Will Suffer But Not Die-congolese Prophet's Own Revelations / Someone Should List Out Jonathan Achievements To Ndi-igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.