Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,345 members, 7,850,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. (27538 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by uzo200(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2014
Sile12: The world is filled with unique and fascinating places to visit but there are certain places that might not be everyone’s bucket list…Found some of the most crazy, scary and creepy tourist attractions in the world and just a word of warning: These are NOT for the faint hearted!

1. Capuchin Catacombs, Italy.

This macabre burial catacomb in Palermo, Sicily includes over 8000 well-dressed, well-preserved mummies dressed in their finest clothes.The corpses range in date from the late 1500s to 1920 and most were embalmed before their display.Giuseppe Tommasi, prince of Lampedusa and author of the famous Sicilian workThe Leopard, was buried in the cemetery next to the catacombs in 1957.
Visitors can wander through the catacombs' dank corridors among the mummified bodies. The halls are divided intocategoriesthat include: Men, Women, Virgins, Children, Priests, Monks, and Professors (including the famous painter Velasquez).The corpses are dressed insplendid clothes, now somewhat decayed, and occupy their own individual niches according to their social status. Many of the deceased wrote wills that specified the clothes in which to bury them, and some even asked to have their clothes changed over a period of time.Many corpses are still remarkably preserved and some give the impression of enjoying a joke with their deceased friends. Others are not in such good shape, with horriblycontorted, creepy faces and missing parts like jaws and hands.The last corpse to be buried here was that of 2-year-old Rosalia Lombaro, who died in 1920. She is so well-preserved, she has been nicknamed "Sleeping Beauty."
all those countries wae dae leave those things, na corpse dae worry them, and the people wae dae go watch all in the name of tourism na Morbid ppl.
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Dotunani(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2014
Nobleval: We are talking Ebola,they are talking tourist attractions angry
Ebola don dey exist b4 now...since 60s
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by respectkings: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Na. Only Ebola waka Come? Wher re Eboli nd Boko.,? Lol.. Boko is nolonger appy o, soon nw he wil activate his. Bomb.. Fellow Nigerians BE WATCHFUL!!
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2014
7. Devil's pool.(Victoria Fall Zambia).
Victoria Falls is on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is 360 feet tall. At the top is a natural rock pool, called Devil's Pool, where the water is relatively calm. From September to December, when the water level is low, you can swim in Devil's Pool. The pictures are bound to make you just a little nervous. Or a lot.

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by highbeeola(m): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2014
OP how far u na.
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by ibdeals1(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2014
i dont think i wana vist any..thanks i will pass cry

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Ess: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Watching these pix is enough to scare person sef.

4 Likes

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Kemzievictor(m): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2014
I'd like to kiss my babe in dat crocodile cage. It turns me on. As for d devil's pool,I no de dia o. Befor village remote spoil,u c urself falling grin

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2014
If I try any of those, make my papa disown me.. undecided

1 Like

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by PAINGAIN: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2014
I can't do any of those things. Life no get duplicate so I no wan use my own play okoso. How I go just go dey watch dead bodies in the name of tourism? No b me o. That hair own, as far as I'm concerned its useless. I'm afraid of height so I can't do d rest.
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by bishophb(m): 9:43am On Aug 06, 2014
U want go kill yourself?
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Hmmmm ah no fit near any of those places ....
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2014
8. Mountain Everest ( Nepal).

Mount Everest,also known in Nepal as Sagarmāthā and inTibet as Chomolungma, is the Earth's highest and most dangerous mountain. It is located in the Mahalangur section of the Himalayas. Its peak is 8,848 metres (29,029 ft) above sea level and is the 5th furthest point from the center of the Earth.The international border between China and Nepal runs across the precise summit point. Its mass if includes neighboring peaks Lhotse, 8,516 m (27,940 ft);Nuptse, 7,855 m (25,771 ft) and Changtse, 7,580 m (24,870 ft).
Mount Everest attracts many highly experienced mountaineers as well as capable climbers willing to hire professional guides. There are two main climbing routes, one approaching the summit from the southeast in Nepal (known as the standard route) and the other from the north in Tibet. While not posing substantial technical climbing challenges on the standard route, Everest presents dangers such as altitude sickness, weather, wind as well as significant objective hazards from avalanches and the Khumbu Icefall. While the overwhelming majority of climbers use bottled oxygen in order to reach the top, some climbers have summitted Everest without supplemental oxygen.The first recorded efforts to reach Everest's summit were made by British mountaineers. With Nepal not allowing foreigners into the country at the time, the British made several attempts on the north ridge route from the Tibetan side. After the first reconnaissance expedition by the British in 1921 reached 7,000 m (22,970 ft) on the North Col, the 1922 expedition pushed the North ridge route up to 8,320 m (27,300 ft) marking the first time a human had climbed above 8,000 m (26,247 ft). Tragedy struck on the descent from the North col when seven porters were killed in an avalanche. The1924 expedition resulted in the greatest mystery on Everest to this day.George Mallory and Andrew Irvine made a final summit attempt on June 8 but never returned, sparking debate as to whether they were the first to reach the top. They had been spotted high on the mountain that day but disappeared in the clouds, never to be seen again until Mallory's body was found in 1999 at 8,155 m (26,755 ft) on the North face.Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary made the first official ascent of Everest in 1953 using the southeast ridge route. Tenzing had reached 8,595 m (28,199 ft) the previous year as a member of the1952 Swiss expedition...

1 Share

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by franksheggs(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2014
I can't fit
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Adventurist(m): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Count me out of these extremes......
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2014
Over 200 bodies were left behind on the mountain die the dangerous terrain, rescuing or helping the wounded is suicidal.

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Ishilove: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2014
Sile12: 7. Devil's pool.(Victoria Fall Zambia).
Victoria Falls is on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is 360 feet tall. At the top is a natural rock pool, called Devil's Pool, where the water is relatively calm. From September to December, when the water level is low, you can swim in Devil's Pool. The pictures are bound to make you just a little nervous. Or a lot.
The pictures made me VERY nervous sad

1 Like

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by emmansy(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2014
grin grin when there's Olumo rock, Idanre hills, Obudu cattle ranch and the rest of them, na to chop belle full go dey jump Mount Everest... I watched K2, and I realized to even climb small mountain no b beans no to talk of d highest mountain in d world..

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by holyboss: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Oh! really, wetn man sef no go c ds days

Nawa O! Extreeeeeeeme Indeed
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Even if you dash me Obama's first daughter, I no go go near any of those crazy places. I wan die?
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by tolutweety(m): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2014
This is what happens when you don chop ,and you dont know what to do with your time n money anymore undecided.
The next thing you wana do is to tempt death and see if you are brave enough to conquer it angry angry

I trust myself sha.

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by abdulkayus(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2014
This white ppl get mind oooooo. No wonder dey have been able to achieve a lot of things in life on terms of science and technology and business. Dey are great risk takers, and for u to be successful in life, u need to take risk. Dat is what d whites that has been better than u.
Dey like to explore to even to d impossible. Salute to them.
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by abdulkayus(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Sile12: 7. Devil's pool.(Victoria Fall Zambia).

Are dis whites nt scared?
Dey are even smiling.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Proxy001(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2014
dellyjoe1000: Why is WHO(World Health Org) allowing this?
dey allowed it because Italy is a European nation. trust me if its an African country dey wud have manufactured one disease and claim its becox we preserved mummies. na ordinary bushmeat we dey flex now see as dem spoil d groove with Ebola

1 Like

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Major causes of Death on Mountain Everest includes Altitude sickness/shortage of oxygen, ice falls, and storms that are capable of blowing climbers/tourists off the mountain.
Climbing Mount Everest is a 4days expedition (from Base camp-Camp iv)which climbers spends each night at each camp.
Excluding the weeks the must have spent at the base came to get the climbers/tourists used to the high altitude.Almost 300 attempts have been made,but very few have successful(The Summit) with many climbers/tourists still missing...

Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by Burger01(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2014
I can't visit any of these. Visiting Olumo Rock, Aso Rock, Obudu Ranch, Idanre Waterfalls, Ikokosi warm spring, all in naija, don do me. I can't die 10times cheesy
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by gebest: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Wetin I wan go find there? Wen no be Jesus skeleton.
bro u took that from my mouth.
Re: World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. by zurine(f): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2014
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Tanker Explosion At Army Checkpoint In Anambra State. Photos / Advise To Commuters This Yuletide Season- Harrysterol / Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.