Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? (3019 Views)

Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? / What Browser Do You Use On Your Phone? / Can't Post Comments/replies In Nairaland Via My Phone Browser. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 06, 2014
I'm just curious cos I use opera and it seems it consumes a lot of mb. I use UCweb once in a while so I can't appraise it and I also think the phone browser consumes a lot of mb too.

Which browser do you use please?
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by constance500: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Ucbrowser 24/7...
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Safari so u get to see via ios anytime i post on facebook cool cool
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Gboliwe: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2014
UC browser
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Sowl(m): 6:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Uc browser with no doubt is d best fone browser 4me,fast and also helps saves quite a lot of MB,need i mention d conveniency feature in its way of downloadin... 2me ucweb beats opera by a mile

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by padeolu: 6:48am On Aug 06, 2014
Chrome
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2014
I use chrome cos its d fastest browser.....then wen I want convinience and reliabilty I use Uc browser .
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by UchihaItachi(m): 7:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Uc for downloading and Cm for browsing

4 Likes

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by ITbomb(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2014
OP, I would advise you to change to Opera Beta, it is far better than Opera.
Don't forget to enable the off-road mode.
The main difference I observed is, you can still control desktop / mobile option as well as image loading in the off-road mode whereas in the main Opera, once you switch to it, the options grey out.

For those saying UCBrowser, having used the two, IMO UCBrowser is fast especially in downloading but the page formatting is too poor compared to Opera which gives a much more desktop realistic view and functionality. Load Nairaland on the two and see which of them is neater.

Firefox would have been good but sometimes I need to disable images, which I'm yet to find out how.

Chrome is good but runs a lot of background services which affects your browsing and mb. (more noticeable in Nigeria's crappy network).

Opera Beta for me.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by kekakuz(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2014
If you think uc web saves data you are a skylakar
Opera mini 7 is still the best because it stays offline until you quarry the network but ucweb and opera beta and other latest browsers try to stay online in an attempt to make you browsing fast.
Also opera 7 don't try to load unnecessary java script and flash stuffs.it brings just what you need.
Others will try to load everything on the page.pop up adverts etc. Try m.goal.com on different browsers and see.

PS:it depends on your network strength.for the best browsing experience on a good WiFi,ucweb opera beta all the way.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Deblow: 8:49am On Aug 06, 2014
I can't agree less with the last speaker. Having tested opera web browser and discovered how slow it was, especially wen u are on slow Internet traffic area, I assumed opera beta would be slower. But I was wrong! I gave it a trial one early morning and waoo, I discovered the near - desktop resolution of images and pages coupled with speedy rendering of commands. I fell in love with it ever since. I have a couple of other browsers though but none compares to opera beta

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by ITbomb(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2014
kekakuz:
Also opera 7 don't try to load unnecessary java script and flash stuffs.it brings just what you need.
I only switch to Opera mini 7 when I'm running low on mb or out of subscription (on free mb) but when I'm loaded, the best remains Opera Beta. Sometimes we need those java script to make things easier. Eg liking a Post on nairaland or Facebook

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by kekakuz(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2014
ITbomb:
I only switch to Opera mini 7 when I'm running low on mb or out of subscription (on free mb) but when I'm loaded, the best remains Opera Beta. Sometimes we need those java script to make things easier. Eg liking a Post on nairaland or Facebook

True talk
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Neduzze5(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2014
I love CM browser especially the way it renders Facebook pages and allows meto view my pictures before uploading

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by timbros(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2014
UchihaItachi: Uc for downloading and Cm for browsing

GBAM!
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by vinzita1(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2014
every one is right about there opinion, it all depends on ur network and ur phone.
as for me, I uses all known browser but
opera mini saved mb but not as fast as others.
chrome browser is very fast
uc browser is very very fast
cm browsers is very very very faster
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2014
It has to be UC browser
very fast in loading web pages
Amazing downloading speed with resume support for any kind of file format
Support java script and flash
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by femi4: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2014
Jasboi: Safari so u get to see via ios anytime i post on facebook cool cool
U dey deceive yourself
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Tanx all. From what I deduce from u guys opera is the best. Remember my concern is the exhaustion of mb. So opera beta or opera 7 ?

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Promking: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2014
Definitely ''UC browser HD''
but when its time to manage data...I fall back to Opera mini
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Ymodulus: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2014
Opera Beta have an exist button.

See. All you do is long press you back button.

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by parrotibaba(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2014
definitely opera mini ,it consumes less mobile data n it doesn't load pages like uc browser (which could be annoying sometimes) bt in terms of downloads ,Uc browser is d best bt it consumes more data...cm na d worst browser dat I v ever used ,crappy display, crappy everything except downloading stuff...
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by parrotibaba(m): 11:52am On Aug 06, 2014

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by goldfish80(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2014
Having used opera, uc Web and chrome. I would say opera is the best out of the three. The image quality and general outlook quality is the closest to desktop out of the three, I also enjoy using the save page option of opera. Downloading YouTube videos are a lot easier a because opera synchronization with tubemate is superb compared with uc Web and the other lot.
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
goldfish80: Having used opera, uc Web and chrome. I would say opera is the best out of the three. The image quality and general outlook quality is the closest to desktop out of the three, I also enjoy using the save page option of opera. Downloading YouTube videos are a lot easier a because opera synchronization with tubemate is superb compared with uc Web and the other lot.

How do you download YouTube videos ?
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by dridowu: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
For normal browsing , opera beta
for downloading and form filling > UC WEB

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by seaboyzen: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
operamini for lite browsing Google chrome for full browsing uc for download

Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by goldfish80(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Repteam:

How do you download YouTube videos ?
I use an app called tubemate.
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by Youngsunnah: 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
constance500: Ucbrowser 24/7...
i u all d browser4
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by jedisco(m): 12:35am On Aug 07, 2014
Seems a lot of people are using opera beta. I installed it twice in the past, but the fonts were too small and there was no way to increase them, so I had to delete it even though it was cool.
Has the font size been increased or the option to increase it added?
Re: Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? by ITbomb(m): 12:59am On Aug 07, 2014
jedisco: Seems a lot of people are using opera beta. I installed it twice in the past, but the fonts were too small and there was no way to increase them, so I had to delete it even though it was cool.
Has the font size been increased or the option to increase it added?
The most plausible reason was that you set the User Agent to Desktop so for a small portrait phone view it will try to squeeze all desktop outlay into the screen. Unless you are using a tablet or you just want to access a website on desktop view, I would advise you to Change the User Agent to mobile and remember the off-mode

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 For 35,000 Only / Samsung Galaxy A8 Full Specifications And Price / I Neva Esperredit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.