Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu (1020 Views)

Residents Of Owere Road Cheers As Gov Ikpeazu Commisions Two Roads In Aba / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by abagoro(m): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2014
NATIONAL
Senator Chris Anyanwu has said she was not the object of Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha’s statement that husband beaters will not step into his shoes as governor of the state in 2015. A statement by her Special Adviser, Emmanuel Onuoha, said the explanation became necessary because of a “number of social media blogs and commentaries linking her name to “the primitive outburst of the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, at last week’s Oru Owere ceremony.”

Okorocha had reportedly pledged to ensure that nobody with questionable character occupied Douglas House after his tenure, describing most of those seeking to replace him as fraudsters and husband beaters.

But in her reaction, Anyanwu insisted that the “caricature” painted by the governor did not fit her, saying she was not the only female politician in the race for Imo governorship.

She, however, swiped Okorocha for making unguarded statements in public. The governor, she said, was intent on scaring away “achievement-oriented” female opponents.

Her words: “It is interesting to note that the governor did not have the courage to publicly name the particular aspirant he had in mind, because he knows the consequences. The governor was conforming to the typical stereotype where strong, achievement-oriented women in politics are frightened off with labels.

“The governor’s romance with the microphone and tendency to shoot off the mark is legendary; the reason why his hosts now consider snatching the equipment from him and his aides turn apprehensive whenever he gets up to make a public speech!”

Describing herself as a proud daughter of Owerri, Anyanwu said Okorocha could not have gone to her own home to insult her, not to talk of doing so at a venue she “single-handedly built in her constituency.”

The senator advocated issues-based campaigns in the run-up to the governorship election in 2015.

“We would like to state that the Imo State governorship election in 2015 must be about issues and about Imo State – what each aspirant or candidate can do or has brought to the table, and how this will impact or has impacted on the life of Imo citizens. It should not be about a tiny clique of politicians desperate for power and willing to do everything to gain or retain it, including desecrating tradition, insulting their hosts, breaching protocol to engage in rabble-rousing, and generally conducting themselves in manners unbecoming of their high office,” she counselled.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=75527
Re: Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by abagoro(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2014
She claimed it by crying but on a later thought she realized it was a strategic mistake. I feel sorry for her and her blind followers who made her the bad woman by ascribing the Governor's arbitrary statement that "people of questionable character should never be allowed to rule Imo State" to her.

2 Likes

Re: Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Is she contesting for the governorship seat? 2015 will be an interesting one. I doubt if she will scale through the primaries.
Re: Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by Plshavmercyamen: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Chris Anyanwu should go and sleep jor. If we consider it morally and humanly unacceptable for a man to slap a lady let alone slapping his wife, then we should not only consider it morally reprehensible but a heinous crime for a wife to slap her husband! Hence the question, should Imolites allow a woman who slaps her husband at will to govern Imo state?
Re: Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: Chris Anyanwu should go and sleep jor. If we consider it morally and humanly unacceptable for a man to slap a lady let alone slapping his wife, then we should not only consider it morally reprehensible but a heinous crime for a wife to slap her husband! Hence the question, should Imolites allow a woman who slaps her husband at will to govern Imo state?

This is very dangerous! Can you actually prove this woman have slapped her own husband? Can you prove it ? Can you? Talking about questionable character,Okorosha embodies that. This woman sound very intelligent and focused....And guess what ? She is Apga member! Rochas biggest nightmare! I cant wait for a debate between the classy Chris Anyanwu and and the rabble rouser,Okorocha. Goat go wear shoe waka enter church...lol
You people want to smear this woman's name but you have failed.
Look at her response. Well thought out and classy.
To be honest,I dont really care for Owerri women but I beginning to like this very lady.
Infact,Chris Anyanwu for Imo governor....nya fioba!

1 Like

Re: Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu by Plshavmercyamen: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

This is very dangerous! Can you actually prove this woman have slapped her own husband? Can you prove it ? Can you? Talking about questionable character,Okorosha embodies that. This woman sound very intelligent and focused....And guess what ? She is Apga member! Rochas biggest nightmare! I cant wait for a debate between the classy Chris Anyanwu and and the rabble rouser,Okorocha. Goat go wear shoe waka enter church...lol
You people want to smear this woman's name but you have failed.
Look at her response. Well thought out and classy.
To be honest,I dont really care for Owerri women but I beginning to like this very lady.
Infact,Chris Anyanwu for Imo governor....nya fioba!
My brother, somethings that are common knowledge can't just be proved. And Fyi, Chris Anyanwu is no longer an Apga member same with Hon. Uche Ekwunife. They are now PDP members. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

2015 Mandela Washington Fellowship Recruitment Opens October 7 / Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers / 1000 Prophets To Lead Fayose To Govt House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.