Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies (5170 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by nosairabor(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
I posted on this platform on Monday about a suspected case of Ebola Virus at Lawanson Area, Surulere, Lagos. Here is the link incase you missed it. (https://www.nairaland.com/1842364/suspected-ebola-victim-detected-surulere#25218122)

Well, the lady have been confirmed dead. The lady, a nurse who treated Patrick Sawyer died from Ebola virus, the government has confirmed.

The Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, also confirmed that five more people tested positive of the virus.

All six who tested positive, including the late nurse, were in primary contact with the Liberian American, Mr. Sawyer, who died in a Lagos hospital late July after arriving from Liberia.

The nurse is the first Nigerian to die from Ebola.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by corisande: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
embarassed
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by CharlieMaria(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
shocked
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by johnshagb(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Say what! May her soul rest in peace. God deliver your children from this dreadful virus.

Now this is definitely my business....

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by alotofgrace(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
angry
cry

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf shunned US confrence just because of ebola!
jona is in US. misplaced priority i must say. the same US that must have initiated this outbreak angry . guys u need to see the season movie "THE LAST SHIP" at least episodes 1 through 4. that movie was on air b4 ebola outbreak. the movie is simply a show of what ebola iss about angry angry

if they can fund a $billion project, let them refer to our trado-mixture with the necessary modifications angry

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Lilnikee(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by mastercee(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
I don't understand again! Meaning Ebola has claimed two precious Nigerian lives in less than 24 hours?

Chai!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by dammytosh: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Eh yah.

The risk in getting "daily bread"

I am so "heart broken and down" angry angry angry angry

While some just do jamboree, campaign, win and spend money.

Some one put her life on the line for 60k a month.

RIP NURSE
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by jhidey08(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by moscobabs(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
na one th1ng go k1ll man at h1s own t1me
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by sunsky29(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
.cold bin dey katch me last night I cum gt fever.oboy people for my compound no gri near me yesterday for port harcourt oooo.na ebola ni?no fear alllloooowwwwd jor oluwa is involved,chineke is involved. But allah ain't involved ooooooo.allah no vex,I no send u o.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Tiyazman(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
EBOLA AGAIN?!!!! I'M PISSED OFF! angry

THIS IS HOW I FEEL!!! RAP!!!!!!!

Ok, what's happening to humanity/ it's like as everyday goes by we lose sanity/
we wrecking havoc on our own neighbours/ and the only excuse we can give is; cos we the nation God's favored/
men no longer use dialogue to build up the broken walls/ we've refused peace and now we've chosen war/
Religion Extremists be taking our children/ everybody's a saddist. . . a man would wake up in the morning just to go kill another brethren/
See! nobody wants the love spread/ it's a pity, we only love it when the slugs sprayed/
Black on black violence in America/ a little boy killed by a stray bullet, he was barely five/
one man pushed his best friend over the Lagoon/ four students burnt to death in Aluu/
Hypocrites! You fail to create opportunities to positively put your youths aflame/
now they rob you, and you're quick to round them with tires, light a match and put your youths aflame/
I put on the News Channels/ and my mood channels/ to the sad side/ bro! Don't you know the oil spillage be deterioting the south side?/
Our government don't give a middle finger/ we ain't getting good music from these money blinded evil singers/ (and rappers!)
Doro me pissed off/ that 'em Doro matches FIFA hosted, they almost fixed all!/
Me and my hommie shouted Happy New year in January/ BOOM! Boko Haram ended my hommie's life in January!/

*wipes tears*

Mr. Linus! What's this rumors I've been hearing?/ I mean the new superstar epidermic that be trending/
I'm not surprised tho! You refused your God and accepted Science, Mr.Linus/ now your "doctors" are the easy conductors of the virus!/

. . .let's preach peace and love/ you preach, see riches and dodge!/ but remember it's all vanity upon vanity. . .
you will choke on your words, you will swallow your lies and purge!!/

Let's be real, our hearts are filled/ with pain, but we can't speak out, like our mouths are sealed/
every body scared to say the truth, and going through the wrong path. . . . but I hope these words I've dropped is made light to our feet!!!

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by alaladakosta(f): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ahhhh
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by datbay(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
One thing is sure,God will protect us.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by idris4eva(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
God dis ebola tingy is fast spreading o....rip to d dead
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by chimeluiz: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Conflicting News everywhere...is it the nurse or the Doctor or the Matron that is Dead...

As the Americans would say;

In God We Trust
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by AltarBoy1: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
O boy, water don pass garri o...Ebola every where. Even boko haram don melow down for this ebola matter. That mean say, for sunday mass, no more hand shake during "time of peace"... Btw... Is this not the same woman in the other thread...

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by sunsky29(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
jhidey08: .
I catch uuuuuuu.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
No wonder this morning I take bus say make I go hustle for Allen Avenue despite my catarrh...

As I sneeve once, heeeshian! Three people hala "driver owaa oh!!"

As I sneeve again, hhheeeheeeheeehehhshian!! Other Passengers including Driver and Conductor follow disappear leave me alone for bus...

I begin wida na!!

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by superior1: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Died in the line of duty, I hope her family will be well compensated
RIP to the dead
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
I am confused...you say that the dead nurse that treated Sawyer is first indigenous death and but other news sources are talking about a female doctor.

Which is first? The Nurse or the Doctor? Or both? Do we have two deaths now?
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Libkid(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Where can we run to.our herbal doctors should spring into action
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by decode55(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oh dear! This is getting outta hand. cry
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by slimthugchimee(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
thank GOd they were on quarantine
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by basty: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ebola, deadlier than BOKO HARAM.
Maybe oga JONA will call his boys to ceasefire now that Ebola can claim more lives than BOKO HARAM.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Ojeremi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by xtremeidea(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Wow!!! Really Scary. RIP
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Blackchampion(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hmmm! I'm beginning to doubt dat is dis Ebola dat killed dis 1 too. Maybe d Ministry of Health is......
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim In Surulere Lagos Dies by Bigzig(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ooh lord come to our rescue..

(1) (2) (Reply)

2.5m Lagos Residents Have Mental Disorder -health Commissioner / Does Quantum Resonance Magnetic Analyzer Really Work??? / COVID-19 Update For September 5 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.