Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only (2382 Views)

3g Wcdma Only Service Stops Working On My Tecno D9 Phone / My Whatsapp Keeps Tellin Me To Set My Time / How To Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by maxibrainz: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
pls I have a problem with my android phone whenever I select wcdma only network won't appear but my neighbours using similar phone when I select wcdma only the network would appear, pls what is the solution because am tired of using edge whenever am at home
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by opeyemmmy(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
maxibrainz: pls I have a problem with my android phone whenever I select wcdma only network won't appear but my neighbours using similar phone when I select wcdma only the network would appear, pls what is the solution because am tired of using edge whenever am at home

Like it happens only when you are at home, right? What happens when you leave home? Do you and your neighbour use the same network?

I can only assume your network provider does not have 3G in your area. Try another network.
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by maxibrainz: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Like it happens only when you are at home, right? What happens when you leave home? Do you and your neighbour use the same network?

I can only assume your network provider does not have 3G in your area. Try another network.
when i leave home to other locations i get 3G me and my neighbour use same phone, when i set his own to 3G only network appears, so why is mine different, 3G is available in my area but it not strong so i have to set my phone to WCMA only to receive 3G service in my area
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by opeyemmmy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
maxibrainz:
when i leave home to other locations i get 3G me and my neighbour use same phone, when i set his own to 3G only network appears, so why is mine different, 3G is available in my area but it not strong so i have to set my phone to WCMA only to receive 3G service in my area

Did you miss the part where I asked if you and your neighbour use the same network? It appears the problem is with your network provider.

Bro, nothing is wrong with your phone. If you can't make do with EDGE, change your network or you move to your neighbour's room and all will be well.
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by maxibrainz: 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Did you miss the part where I asked if you and your neighbour use the same network? It appears the problem is with your network provider.

Bro, nothing is wrong with your phone. If you can't make do with EDGE, change your network or you move to your neighbour's room and all will be well.
me and my neighbour use same glo network and same phone, so the problem is with my phone
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by hovatek: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Did you ever change your IMEI?
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by Lordaweezy: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=]Did you ever change your IMEI? [/quote] are you working on any custom rom for l3 please
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Try another sim.. To know if the fault is from d phone or the sim, glo can be cocks some times cool
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by Warlord3000(m): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2014
It does happen once in a blue moon..

Try and change the imei to another BB model..

Was stuck on 3G only sometime back until I change the imei to another one..

And voila..

The rest is history

PS... All other conditions of maybe the ntwk provider is misbehaving can be put into considerations
Re: How To Set My Android Phone To Wcdma Only by maxibrainz: 1:23am On Aug 21, 2014
I have tried the above solutions and non worked

(1) (Reply)

Wat Android Is Best For 20k? / How To Become An MTN Momo Agent (mobile Money Agent) / Other Than 2nd Hand Value, What Other Reason Do I Have To Purchase An Iphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.