Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage (9175 Views)

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o / How Do You Deal With Intellectual Incompatibility In Marriage! / Is Friction With My Girlfriend A Measure Of Incompatibility? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by 5minsmadness: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
A colleague at the office is complaining that his wife doesn't satisfy him in bed. He says he wants it at least three times a week but she on the other hand is content with twice a month. They have been married two years and have a kid.

Another colleague confided that her husband is the dry one in their romance life. She confessed that whenever she's in the mood she either spikes his drink or mixes 'manpower' with his food.

It got me thinking about s.exu.al compatibility in marriage. How important is it? How often is too often? I think sex 3times a week is OK. What do you think?
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by SAMBARRY: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Good evening o.let me be the first to comment however I'll be right back

7 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
SAMBARRY: Good evening o.let me be the first to comment however I'll be right back

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by crackhaus: 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hence I won't and can't possibly marry a woman I'm not already intimate with...but that's just me.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by coogar: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
5minsmadness: A colleague at the office is complaining that his wife doesn't satisfy him in bed. He says he wants it at least three times a week but she on the other hand is content with twice a month. They have been married two years and have a kid.
Another colleague confided that her husband is the dry one in their romance life. She confessed that whenever she's in the mood she either spikes his drink or mixes 'manpower' with his food.
It got me thinking about s.exu.al compatibility in marriage. How important is it? How often is too often? I think sex 3times a week is OK. What do you think?

this is why test-driving is mandatory for any sane man - especially if he's getting married to a nigerian woman. if she's not good enough for your taste, dump her & seek another.

majority of the nigerian ladies have the libidö of a shoe. the stress, the house chores & various other conditions they passed through growing up may have eroded their sex drive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by sunvick(m): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is a coin of two faces. One favours the no sex b4 marriage while the other appeals to another set of we must test drive b4 signing d doted lines.
Buh on the other hand how will d impotent/ ashawos marry if they yield to dis test driving policy wen truly dey know their condition?

well whatever rocks ur boat....
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
5minsmadness: A colleague at the office is complaining that his wife doesn't satisfy him in bed. He says he wants it at least three times a week but she on the other hand is content with twice a month. They have been married two years and have a kid.

Wait till you're married jor. How does the number of times (or not) that couples get kinky going to help you in anyway? undecided
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Twice a month is cool na.

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
MzMariah: Twice a month is cool na.
liar
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by egopersonified(f): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sambarry, this yr pic speaks a million words, see the look on the guy's face, kai, he will really suffer that night.

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
donroxy: liar
What's the lie in it? shocked
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
MzMariah: What's the lie in it? shocked
Mariah can't go unserviced in a day !!
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
donroxy: Mariah can't go unserviced in a day !!
Mtchew, I tot you have something important to say. undecided
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
MzMariah: Mtchew, I tot you have something important to say. undecided
tis important now !
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by cococandy(f): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Are you the sex confidante at your work place.? Or how else can we explain that your colleague just love to talk about their sexual wahalas with you cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
donroxy: tis important now !
I see, good for you sha.
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
MzMariah: I see, good for you sha.
Good for all !
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
donroxy: Good for all !
undecided
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
MzMariah: undecided
wetin ?
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by TV01(m): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
I’ve often wanted to write more exhaustively on this subject, but just haven’t been chanced too. I don’t believe I can do it full justice here, but hate to let it pass without comment. I’ll try and respond generally-specifically and hope it helps.

First, the situation here is not one of “incompatibility”. In as much as sex is a bio-mechanical function, the male/female sexual binary in humans means they are inherently compatible.

Secondly, they have a child. Intimate functionality is confirmed as fully operational in this couple. Sex is first and foremost for procreation. In all likelihood, inability to conceive will always be a long-term more serious issue than the actual pleasure of sex, and is more likely to lead to marital breakdown.

Thirdly, your “colleague” did not complain about the actual pleasure of the intercourse, this sounds like an issue of frequency – that is libido differentials.

Libido almost always varies between couples and is more notable in the medium to long term. This is also one of the reasons why test-driving will often give you a false positive, as sex when a relationship is new and fresh can be quite lustful and frenzied for both parties.

Longer-term, when “normalcy” kicks in, a clearer picture of the differentials emerges. Men typically possess 5-10 times the testosterone levels of women and are typically more libidinous.

Whatever the case, couples need to discuss this openly and seek to explore ways of mutually ensuring the satisfaction of the other. This will probably mean compromise, with both taking time or turn to stretch – for which read sacrifice (put-out) – to ensure fulfillment for the other.

Longer-term, a myriad of factors can influence libido in both partners. Pregnancy and childbirth is one that particularly affects women – but studies show a marked libido reduction in husbands as well.

Stress and the burdens of leadership can also lead to reduction or even temporary impotence in men. Whatever the case, all of these situations can be worked on and the mutual desire & support of each is key. That is why finding a spouse who is totally committed to you, with your long-term best interests at heart and comes to the union with a loving, sacrificial posture is way more important than test-driving.

There is no one-size fits all solution. Each couple should come to a place of mutual agreement and satisfaction and be ready to vary it as appropriate. Sex, whilst very imprtant and a great "binder" is not the be-all and end-all of a marriage. Please don't obsess or compare as you look for greater heights - which is good even if there are no issues. Make your sex-life yours, not your idea of what others think it should be.

Lastly, the differential here is the more common male high, female low (at least for now). For men, the pleasure of "close" intimacy can be interspersed with instances of “blessed relief”. Please tell me you understand? as too say more would make me blush.

Please offer your “colleagues” sound counsel. And congratulations you are now officially the office “ water-cooler sexpert”

TV

15 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by coogar: 12:03am On Aug 07, 2014
TV01:
Libido almost always varies between couples and is more notable in the medium to long term. This is also one of the reasons why test-driving will often give you a false positive, as sex when a relationship is new and fresh can be quite lustful and frenzied for both parties.

are you sure about this? grin
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by damiso(f): 12:06am On Aug 07, 2014
TV01: I’ve often wanted to write more exhaustively on this subject, but just haven’t been chanced too. I don’t believe I can do it full justice here, but hate to let it pass without comment. I’ll try and respond generally-specifically and hope it helps.
First, the situation here is not one of “incompatibility”. In as much as sex is a bio-mechanical function, the male/female sexual binary in humans means they are inherently compatible.
Secondly, they have a child. Intimate functionality is confirmed as fully operational in this couple. Sex is first and foremost for procreation. In all likelihood, inability to conceive will always be a long-term more serious issue than the actual pleasure of sex, and is more likely to lead to marital breakdown.
Thirdly, your “colleague” did not complain about the actual pleasure of the intercourse, this sounds like an issue of frequency – that is libido differentials.
Longer-term, when “normalcy” kicks in, a clearer picture of the differentials emerges. Men typically possess 5-10 times the testosterone levels of women and are typically more libidinous.
Whatever the case, couples need to discuss this openly and seek to explore ways of mutually ensuring the satisfaction of the other. This will probably mean compromise, with both taking time or turn to stretch – for which read sacrifice (put-out) – to ensure fulfillment for the other.
Longer-term, a myriad of factors can influence libido in both partners. Pregnancy and childbirth is one that particularly affects women – but studies show a marked libido reduction in husbands as well.
Stress and the burdens of leadership can also lead to reduction or even temporary impotence in men. Whatever the case, all of these situations can be worked on and the mutual desire & support of each is key. That is why finding a spouse who is totally committed to you, with your long-term best interests at heart and comes to the union with a loving, sacrificial posture is way more important than test-driving.
There is no one-size fits all solution. Each couple should come to a place of mutual agreement and satisfaction and be ready to vary it as appropriate. Sex, whilst very imprtant and a great "binder" is not the be-all and end-all of a marriage. Please don't obsess or compare as you look for greater heights - which is good even if there are no issues. Make your sex-life yours, not your idea of what others think it should be.
Lastly, the differential here is the more common male high, female low (at least for now). For men, the pleasure of coitus can be interspersed with instances of “blessed relief”. Please tell me you understand? as too say more would make me blush.
Please offer your “colleagues” sound counsel. And congratulations you are now officially the office “ water-cooler sexpert”
TV

I have always said I can't speak English grin I am going to consult my dictionary in order to understand this post grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Kanwulia: 12:37am On Aug 07, 2014
Welcome to the marriage of Mr AMUNIKE and Miss OHUNTA! grin

6 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2014
5minsmadness:
Compatibility , generally , in marriage is highly important and Intimate compatibility is one of the most important issue that should have been satisfied before marriage !

Even without engaging in the physical acts of sex , the sexual orientation of your patner is easily decipherable in terms of How much and how well !!

How often is too Often :
Efficient Sex is marriage neither has time, how much nor how long

... Attimes there are some pressing issue with one's patner beyond sex and you as his/her second must share the same feelings and lead each other through ......

While attimes for every blessed chance in every damn minutes of every f:uck:ing month be in the toilet , office, kitchen , bedroom, dinning, car, Hotels, roof etc , etc ........ You are screwing the hell outa each other ! cheesy

I think sex 3 times a week should be determine by the couple ....

Sex is beyond Di:c:k and Pu:ss:y except for Ashawos and P'stars !!

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2014
donroxy: Compatibility , generally , in marriage is highly important and Intimate compatibility is one of the most important issue that should have been satisfied before marriage !
Even without engaging in the physical acts of sex , the sexual orientation of your patner is easily decipherable in terms of How much and how well !!
How often is too Often :
Efficient Sex is marriage neither has time, how much nor how long
... Attimes there are some pressing issue with one's patner beyond sex and you as his/her second must share the same feelings and lead each other through ......
While attimes for every blessed chance in every damn minutes of every f:uck:ing month be in the toilet , office, kitchen , bedroom, dinning, car, Hotels, roof etc , etc ........ You are screwing the hell outa each other ! cheesy
I think sex 3 times a week should be determine by the couple ....
Sex is beyond Di:c:k and Pu:ss:y except for Ashawos and P'stars !!

Sounds very technical.
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by 5minsmadness: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2014
coogar:

majority of the nigerian ladies have the libidö of a shoe.
grin grin grin

But I think that's mostly after they are married. Don't know why.
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by TV01(m): 11:07am On Aug 07, 2014
5minsmadness:
grin grin grin

But I think that's mostly after they are married. Don't know why.

Mostly - and for most women - because they see sex as something to win the man, while men tend to see it as a reward for winning the woman. So once the ring is on, she has won, whereas he want's his prize for winning. She want's the result, he wants the reward grin.

TV

**more reasons for difference, but I will only say so much here**

1 Like

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by 5minsmadness: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Wait till you're married jor. How does the number of times (or not) that couples get kinky going to help you in anyway? undecided
It is good to prepare for ALL aspects of marriage before hand...and sez is a very important part don't you think?
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by 5minsmadness: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2014
cococandy: Are you the sex confidante at your work place.? Or how else can we explain that your colleague just love to talk about their sexual wahalas with you cheesy grin
What can I say, people naturally open up to me cheesy
Anyways it was actually a round-table group idle employees discussion thing.
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by 5minsmadness: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2014
@TV01, very insightful post. I may however differ on your opinion that an unfulfilled sex life is less important than the functionality of procreation. I believe the former is the main cause of sexual unfaithfulness and infidelity which portends greater harm to the marriage union as against infertility in which case the couple can accept their fate or decide to adopt or even undergo IVF especially if financially capable.
Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by TV01(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
5minsmadness: @TV01, very insightful post.
Thank you.

5minsmadness: I may however differ on your opinion that an unfulfilled sex life is less important than the functionality of procreation.
No problem with differing perspectives.

However, marriage without the "procreative possibility" would almost certainly not have come into being. For that reason alone, I don't believe pleasure can really be a bigger issue than procreration. Most men and women would trade great sex without children for average sex with children.

5minsmadness: I believe the former is the main cause of sexual unfaithfulness and infidelity which portends greater harm to the marriage union
We differ here also. The main cause of sexual unfaithfulness cannot be "unfulfilled sex life". The main cause is the cultural permissibility and lack of sanctions or sigmatisation.

"Unfulfilled", is a relative term. Who is 100% fulfilled? Who being 100% fulfilled, would not be equally or more fulfilled with some variety? It's not about being unfulfilled, it's about being greedy and lacking self-control and/or understanding.

5minsmadness: as against infertility in which case the couple can accept their fate or decide to adopt or even undergo IVF especially if financially capable.
In relative terms, cases of infertility are more likely to lead to irretrievable marriage breakdown than infidelity. Although I'd imagine cases of long-term or permanent infertility are not that common.

In a male preference society, not having a son can cause issues. I believe that long-term, we consider the need to procreate a more fundamental one than the desire for pleasure.

TV

1 Like

Re: Intimate Incompatibility In Marriage by SAMBARRY: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Tv all this grammar because of sec shocked grin

by the way you dey sell television? Why do you always put tv in your name cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Im Unhappy In My Marriage / Happy Birthday To A Nairalander's Mum (born Oct 1, 1960) / Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.