Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Palm Wine Good For A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Palm Wine Good For A Christian? (4243 Views)

Ogun Pastor Turns Bottled-Water To Wine Inside Church (Video) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by otunbakhakiz: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello Landers, I'm in a relationship with a lady that sometimes drinks alcohol and all sorts of drinks but since we started our relationship, have made it known to her if she really wants me, she has to stop all such habits which I can attest to that she has truly let go of all those tins not until she asked me das back if drinking palm wine is also bad? I am a guy that neva for once tasted any alcholic drink bt av tasted palm wine while I was a kid, so am of the opinion that palm wine is also bad but she asked for biblical proof of this. Pls I need ur assistance on this matter
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Emmaesty(f): 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
The Bible allows Christians to drink wine but not too much
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Yeahreen(m): 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Palm Wine Is Good To Go. It's Just A Herbal juice...[size=8pt][/size] grin grin
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Candour(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 KJV
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Ecclesiastes 10:19 KJV
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things .

1 Timothy 5:23 KJV
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

But read this too and take caution

Proverbs 20:1 KJV
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Proverbs 23:29-30 KJV
Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? [30] They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by twosquare(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
otunbakhakiz: Hello Landers, I'm in a relationship with a lady that sometimes drinks alcohol and all sorts of drinks but since we started our relationship, have made it known to her if she really wants me, she has to stop all such habits which I can attest to that she has truly let go of all those tins not until she asked me das back if drinking palm wine is also bad? I am a guy that neva for once tasted any alcholic drink bt av tasted palm wine while I was a kid, so am of the opinion that palm wine is also bad but she asked for biblical proof of this. Pls I need ur assistance on this matter
depends on what you want to use it for...don't be given to excess wine...it's good for the body to correct some things...i seldomly take palmwine...if i need it,not for fun all the time.
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by twosquare(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
otunbakhakiz: Hello Landers, I'm in a relationship with a lady that sometimes drinks alcohol and all sorts of drinks but since we started our relationship, have made it known to her if she really wants me, she has to stop all such habits which I can attest to that she has truly let go of all those tins not until she asked me das back if drinking palm wine is also bad? I am a guy that neva for once tasted any alcholic drink bt av tasted palm wine while I was a kid, so am of the opinion that palm wine is also bad but she asked for biblical proof of this. Pls I need ur assistance on this matter
the bible is against excess...when you get drunk,sin can come out from there. These things are created by God.
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Syedqamber(f): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2019
You've come to the right place if you're looking for the best gas lawn mower bestlawnmowers.best. We've tested, rated and ranked ten of the top gas lawn mowers on ...
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by GameofThronesea: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
From durable plastic to elegant linen designs, the best placemats for your home will depend on how often you'll be using them and how much protection your table needs from spills and hot dishes. While there are many materials to choose from, each of them have their pros and cons. https://matsify.com/do-cat-litter-mats-work/
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by OtemAtum: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
Palm wine is good, irrespective of your religious belief. Getting drunk is what should be avoided.
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by GameofThronesea: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2020
No matter where in the world you are, we wish you a safe and happy holiday weekend. patentino muletto Having that happen is no disgrace. Similar to getting dunked on when trying to block a shot, it shows you are actually trying to play some defense.
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by AntiChristian: 11:40am On Oct 01, 2020
The first miracle of Jesus was to turn water to wine.

What type of wine?
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
Emmaesty:
The Bible allows Christians to drink wine but not too much
How much is too much? If I am drink a gallon but my friend who is not even able to handle more than a cup, drinks 1 and half, which one of us has had "TOO MUCH"??

Abeg make una stop with these tales!
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
twosquare:
the bible is against excess...when you get drunk,sin can come out from there. These things are created by God.
The Bible or God? Two different things? If I, in the comfort and quiet of my own home, decided one evening to drink until drunk, and then passed out only to wake up several hours later with a huge hangover, what sin would I have been guilty of by my actions? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Palm Wine Good For A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
otunbakhakiz:
Hello Landers, I'm in a relationship with a lady that sometimes drinks alcohol and all sorts of drinks but since we started our relationship, have made it known to her if she really wants me, she has to stop all such habits which I can attest to that she has truly let go of all those tins not until she asked me das back if drinking palm wine is also bad?
God is not against drinking! There is no commandment that says "Thou Shall not drink Alcohol/Wine" so stop pretending that holding to such ideals makes you godly in any way or form.

In fact, one thing God did warn people like you of is that you never add or remove from His laws. Since God never made such a law, do not then think that by believing and abiding by such, God is happy with you. Even worse, if you seek to impose such ideals on your fellow man pretending you do so on behalf of God, you heap curses on yourself instead.
otunbakhakiz:
I am a guy that neva for once tasted any alcholic drink bt av tasted palm wine while I was a kid, so am of the opinion that palm wine is also bad but she asked for biblical proof of this. Pls I need ur assistance on this matter
That you do not drink does not mean you are better or holier than those who do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Palm wine, or alcoholic drinks of any kind. Even Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, drank wine. If you think yourself holier than He, good luck.

P.S. Ignorance is not bliss!

(1) (Reply)

10 Years Remembrance Of Our Great Father, Sheik Mohammed Kamaldeen Al-adabiyy / What Is The Difference Between A Believer That Commits Sin And An Unbeliever / SPIRIT HUSBAND..A Reality Or Just A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.