Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together (16548 Views)

Rebranded: Sex Olympics in London / Top Ten Most Popular And Influential Nairalanders In 2015 / SHOCKER: Fallen Angel Found In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2006
Chafford Hundred and Grays are far from Ghetto's!! There are a lot of Nigerians there but they are mostly the upwardly mobile ones.

Not the early momo crew.

But not to go off topic.
I am fine with Whiteleys or Finsbury park but if you are looking for suggestions in the westend there are loads. It depends on what we want to do.
But Trocadero is a good starting point.
I suggest the organiser just decides and gives us the venue and those who can make it just come along.

Africanman's idea is also a great one!
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by aloib(f): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2006
hey viera, nice cool site, btw ur son is so cute kiss kiss kiss oh my gosh, wish i could cuddle him cry cry, lol hes so cute damn!!1, lol. and his name is nice, lol hahaha
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Akolawole(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2006
Vieira:

Chafford Hundred and Grays are far from Ghetto's!! There are a lot of Nigerians there but they are mostly the upwardly mobile ones.

It will soon be Ghetto

Who can say Thamesmead/Plumstead will be like that?

What is happening in Erith now?

Vieira:

Not the early momo crew.

Do you have problem with that?
At least they got to survive.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Jackal(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2006
@ Everyone,
I will suggest Hyde Park @ West End
Peckham and Brixton is horrible and i wldn't be found dead in the South East area.

To all y'all Nairalanders, Peckham is like Compton but worse than Compton.
Peckham is like Mushin/Oshodi in Lagos because all sorts of stuffs happen down there.
Heard it somewhere that people carry sacrifices and drop at T-junctions in Peckham grin

Chafford Hundred and Grays are very very far from being Ghetto.
Its mostly populated by the white folks so there's a high degree of sanity in these areas than Peckham/Brixton.
Visit Peckham/Brixton at your own peril.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by aloib(f): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2006
abeg shey shayo go dey?? if yes i'm game anywhere as long as i dont get lost, nice vacation so far
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2006
Thanks very much at aloib  grin

I knew Thamesmead would be like that from day one, it was very estate like from the start.

And anything in south east london always turns out like that.

Nope I have no problem with the early momo crew but if they are the majority in a neighbourhood then that hood tends to be ghetto-ised. Law of economics.

Anyway much love to my SouthEast brothers and sister, love ya but don't want to be ya!
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by aloib(f): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2006
ure welcome, got cracked up wid the pics and descriptions, lol
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Akolawole(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2006
Vieira:

There are a lot of Nigerians there but they are mostly the upwardly mobile ones.

Jackal:

Chafford Hundred and Grays are very very far from being Ghetto.
Its mostly populated by the white folks

Thanks Vieria jare, i know you live in that area precisely Tilbury. Only the Deep can call to the deep

Any decent place in Londo will do.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2006
East Tilbury Village. I beg it is far from Tilbury o! (6miles) and na village I dey live. I don tire for big towns.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Akolawole(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2006
A village man ( Omo oko) grin

I sent you a mail yesterday. Did you see it?

Regards to your son. HE WILL SOON BE A BLUE BOY grin
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2006
angry Kola no curse my son o!
He is already a fully paid up junior gunner!!

Yep I got the email and I intend to read those threads these weekend as they are so long!!
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by aloib(f): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2006
akolawole where in ibadan are u
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by under18(f): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2006
Those in Lagos lets meet too.
we should not be left out.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by clocky(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2006
ooo why must there be an arsenal fan here. i dont like running into them

Blue for life
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by under18(f): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2006
clocky!
arsenal is life.
without it we wont talk soccer.
lets meet where are you?
How can I meet arsenal fans in lagos?
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by waleleader(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2006
if i am right, Whiteleys of Bayswater is a shopping mall with shops and restaurants. it would be extremely difficult to meet up at a shopping mall. About the Trocadero, i love it. Thats actually my best venue in London, at least i will be able to fall into my favourite clubs (Bar Rumba & Rainforest) after the get-together. JOin me if you dare.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by waleleader(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2006
@akolawole, dont worry about nigerian food. i'll treat you to Obalende suya or Tomi's kitchen. for now, we are going western.

And for those that are talking football, let me catch you Gunners and Blue headhunters that day.you'll know that theres a RED-DEVIL in town,
shio  angryArsenal ko, chelsea ni.

Anyways, keep my list populated,keep sending in your Nairaland usernames and real names to walelead@yahoo.com.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Akolawole(m): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2006
aloib:

akolawole where in ibadan are u

Did you want to visit me?

walelead:

@akolawole, don't worry about nigerian food. i'll treat you to Obalende suya or Tomi's kitchen. for now, we are going western.

Enh hen

Not hell bent on Naija food sha but i dont like to be oyinbo now.

Snail and suya will do.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Nutter(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2006
GO GUNNERS!!!

It's going to kick-off (pun intended) at this get-together for sure.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by waleleader(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
@aloib and @nutter, both of you are not on my list yet. ill be waiting here.

@akolawole, are in London now or Ibadan, you confuse us.

back to the point, are we agrreing on Whitelleys or Trocadero, im for Trocadero. cast your votes.

if you need to make up your mind, visit www.londontrocadero.com .
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Akolawole(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2006
@walelead

At the moment, i am in "your" london o
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by nolongthin(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2006
Hey whats the beef wiv the south east?i it's got some good areas, i personally stay in forest hill and it's populated mainly by upwardly mobile white folks, is it supposed to be razz just cos it's post code is SE?

Can't stick Thamesmead,Woolwich,Plumstead and all dem places,

Not really a nairaland person per se but wouldn't mind meeting some LOOOONG naija babes, just to remind meself what i'm not missing!

Trocadero is good,me personally i'm a drinks person so i wouldn't mind Tiger Tiger or langley's bar (covent Garden)
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Nutter(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2006
walelead:

@aloib and @nutter, both of you are not on my list yet. ill be waiting here.

Don't think I can make it, wale. You lot have a good time now.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2006
Tiger Tiger is very cool!!!

But sometimes you might need to book in advance, it's free online I think.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Jackal(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ Vieira,
Tiger Tiger is crap.
Why not Steambar?
What is worth doing at all is worth doing wel.
I'd rather go to Kuramo beach(Lagos) for a reunion than Tiger Tiger. tongue
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by clocky(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2006
yes Tiger Tiger is crap. Another nice place in the west end is China White
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Vieira(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
Steambar?? that place is full of the same old Naija crew now!

well anyone you choose sha but Tiger Tiger is more mixed jare.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Coco29(f): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2006
we should all meet up @Establishment in swiss cottage grin
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by clocky(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
haba coco na wa 4 u o
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by Coco29(f): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2006
huh
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by waleleader(m): 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
Tiger Tiger is only a bar, we need a place that will cater fo all. Trocadero has got bars for drinkers, games for players and a nice fun environment for folks that just want to sit back and relax, we dont have to pre-book for the facilities and admission is free.

lets remember that people here have not met before and it would be difficult getting everyone along. therefore we need a place where each and everyone can find something they enjoy doing.

P.S: For those that really wanna get down, i dare you to Bar Rumba after the rest of the group have left.
Re: Nairalanders In London: Let's Get Together by mide2(f): 12:47am On Jul 28, 2006
would hv loved to join in but too bad, i can't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) / Rich Nigerians Spending Millions On London Property - video report from London! / How To Clear Error Code On Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.