Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) (16539 Views)

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him / Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by mukina2: 11:53pm On Dec 05, 2010
Hello Everybody,

As we are all aware now, we all woke up to read/hear of the cruel death of an exemplary Nairalander, Bawomolo,someone the mods/admin NEVER had  to warn or ban for anything.

We the members of Nairaland lost a gem, if we are hurting this way how would his family be?

This thread is not for religious sermons or arguments its just for us to post our favourite quotes /posts from this very intelligent young man.

Please note that if anyone posts any  speech on what religion or what he should have done, their post will be deleted, if they persist, they will be banned.
May His Soul Rest In Peace.   cry

There is a group for him on facebook

the group is : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_174769082552282

or you search for : RIP Olubusayo Awomolo ( Nairaland Will Miss You)
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by neelsel(f): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2010
I posted this in the original thread, but decided to repost it here, since the other thread has been degraded. Thanks Muki, grin

Barrow-my-lawnmower ( that was my play name for you) sad
I am lost for words. I am filled with both guilt and grief. Our last indept conversation was on your birthday and you were so happy to finally turn "21", In your own words "I'm a big boy now Island gurl", AS I type this I am doubled over in guilt because on the 29th Nov, you buzzed me, as usual, and I chose my busy life over chatting with you. LIttle did I know you were going to be selfishly snatched from us that very same day. Why didnt I just skip my lunch break to finish up what I was doing and spend some time to chat?

I loved you because, just like me, you were opinionated and held your own in any discussion. I would miss teasing you about the girls. I am feeling the pain your family feels, because I am still mourning the loss of a sibling.

May your soul rest in peace my dear. You had so much to offer this world. You would be missed cry cry

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by DamiKhojie(m): 12:09am On Dec 06, 2010
Never had a conversation with him, but I always enjoyed reading his post seemed like one of the more logical posters on this forum RIP
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by manmustwac(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2010
When i first heard the news i thought it was somebody else. I had to join the dots together before i realized it was our own bamolowo. I will miss reading your posts in the religion section. R.I.P. cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by eyzhvntsn: 12:17am On Dec 06, 2010
Didn't ever converse with him but I did notice the name and did read some of his posts. Such a shame to lose him at such a tender age and in such a manner. I pray comfort for his family and friends.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by omoikirun: 12:20am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bawomolo.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by TayoD1(m): 12:23am On Dec 06, 2010
@topic,

I don't believe this.  I have been catching glimpses of the headline of a Nigerian killed in Chicago but I never imagined it'll be so close to home. Bawomolo, may your soul rest in perfect peace.  How can one make sense of this?  This hurts really, really bad!
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Moonstone(f): 12:29am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bawomolo. Your death still hurts. Just wish you could post on NL again. . . .
cry

Nairaland will miss you and I'm sure without any doubt that so many people miss you as well. Thanks for making me enjoy sports thread along with the others. NBA and NFL threads will really miss you. Your absence will be felt deeply.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 06, 2010
What a great life wasted!
Who will ever forget that great sig of yours. Your posts always stood out and you had a simple way of putting your points across without deliberately trying to sound clever.
I wish u didn't die too soon bro, all the same, rest in perfect peace

PS: on a light note, his name is Olubusayo Awomolo not Awolowo and Bawomolo not Bamowolo, grin (will miss his great sense of humour!)
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by yme1(f): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP . ,
what a great and huge loss. . . at such a tender age you departed from this cruel world. . . .you will be missed by many
may your gentle soul rest in peace. . .
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Fhemmmy: 12:37am On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P Pal . . .You are truly missed.
Pray that the Sweet Lord will comfort your family
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by mazaje(m): 12:38am On Dec 06, 2010
Though I have never meet him in real life I cried when I read about his demise. . . .Its so hard for me to put Bawo and death in the same sentence but he is gone. . . .I will miss you my dear friend. . . . . .
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Idowuogbo(f): 12:38am On Dec 06, 2010
Rip soldier , will miss u , sleep well and kip dat afro looking tite
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by neelsel(f): 12:41am On Dec 06, 2010
Moonstone:

RIP Bawomolo. Your death still hurts. Just wish you could post on NL again. . . .
cry

Nairaland will miss you and I'm sure without any doubt that so many people miss you as well. Thanks for making me enjoy sports thread along with the others. NBA and NFL threads will really miss you. Your absence will be felt deeply.

Yea yea yea, I remembered the banters you two shared regarding sports, hehehehe grin, I was more like his "love" guru, haha, always asking for advise where the girls were concerned, I will miss my lil Naijan brother, I did promise to take him to the islands with me. He hinted he couldnt swim, grin grin

RIP love,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by TayoD1(m): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2010
@topic,

@bawomolo,
who gets to define marriage. heterosexuals?
And who should define it, the Judge? Even if we accept that society is free to make changes as social evolution often dictates, is it up to a single Judge to make that call? The society, very well and better represented by the electorate made the call, and the minority represented by an interest group and an activist Judge feel like they know better.

We've heard about the tyranny of the majority. What do we make of this tyranny of the minority?!

The above was my last exchange with bawomolo.  I can't help but wonder how we will treat people differently if we knew our contact with them will be the last!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by roymary: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2010
Bawolomo, Its a shame on those who killed your body but can't kill your soul. May you find mercy with the Almighty God. You will truly be missed.

Rest in Peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 06, 2010
Busayo, wherever you are, whatever you are, I hope you're reading this. You really hurt me bad, I never thought I'd hurt this bad. I remember once joking with you that I've never cried when you called me a cry baby. But why can't I stop crying so hard now. It hurts me to the marrows of my body knowing that you wont be back on your long journey.

You were someone I could talk to, someone I could confide in. You were more than someone I met on NL, you meant so much to me. You were my friend, you never expected me to be who I was not. Because who you saw was enough.
You were your words. You did what you said you would. You never dissapoint.

Busayo, you were funny, you were random. You were happy just by making people laugh, that was enough for you.
You didnt go out of your way to be who you were not. You looked out for so many people, yet you did not expect anybody to look out for you.
We joked about the silliest thing, like your last name. We joked about how you could be a "babalawo" since "bawomolo" sounds funny.

You told me you were 20, I told you you were lying. You could have been a 50 yrs old man, trying to be young again.
You're hurting me so bad before you tok yourself away from me.  Why are you doing this to me? DID i ALSO DESRVE THIS?

You were just too nice, and took too many shoit from people. I told you that so many times. You'd call me crazy, and I'd call you crazier.
You were someone who would just call to ask how someone is, just to ask about my welfare even when I forgot you. I regret it now.
You did not look for new ways to wand off trouble, because to you, joking were the only way to fix up arguments and trouble.

I've met many nice, kind, brilliant people. But I dont think they'd have touched my soul like you did. You had everything right in front of you, yet you were not arrogant. That was not your game. You were sweet and so kind.

You'd sit there and listen to me, so quiet that I'd have to ask if you were still there. You'd tell me that you were. I'd accuse you of not listening, but then you'd prive me wrong by PERFECTLY analysing what I've just said. You always listen, even if I was being stu pid. You always care, even when I didnt deserve it. You always made me feel like I was smart, even when I ask for your help at the simpliest of stuff.

When I had a problem in my engineering dept, you gave me several advice. The hardest classes for me were the easiest for you. And you were never too busy to help. When I told you I was going to give up and switch my major, you jokingly called me a chicken and coward. Which made me work hard to prove you wrong. Busayo, in all I do in my academics from now on, I'd continue to make you proud wherever you are.

I remember we used to joke about how old you and I was. I'd call you "aburo" and you'll ask me how old I am. You'd tell me that you were 3 months older than me. I'd say "so what? what is 3 months?". You'd tell me that "that is a lot o". But still I'd keep calling you aburo.

You never knew how much you meant to me as a friend, a brother and a fellow Nigerian. Now I regret not letting you know. I regret taking advantage of time. I will miss you so much, and I'll never stop crying. If I have to live pure and kind as you just to give you a second chance, then may the Lord be my strength. I just want to wake up to hear the phone ring and hear your "this ekiti girl" joke again. I want you to wake up and call me crazy. I want to stop hurting so bad and I want to stop crying. Ok, I promise, I'll stop crying if you come to me in a dream and tell me that everything is alright. Without a sign, without something, I dont think I can stop hurting.

And I forgot to wish you happy birthday, so happy belated birthday. I was sooo hoping that you would take me to a "club" on my 21sth birthday to see what the racous about clubs was all about. We both didnt know, we could have found out. This world is not a fair one at all. It's so cruel. Why do we have to suffer, why do we have to say "goodbye"?.

BUSAYO, RIP. I will forever miss you.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Busybody2(f): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2010
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Moonstone(f): 12:47am On Dec 06, 2010
neelsel:

Yea yea yea, I remembered the banters you two shared regarding sports, hehehehe grin, I was more like his "love" guru, haha, always asking for advise where the girls were concerned,  I will miss my lil Naijan brother, I did promise to take him to the islands with me.  He hinted he couldnt swim,  grin grin

RIP love,
Trust you, neelsel to bring romance into our memories of bawo. Never lacking or disappointing. LOL! Imagine if he could read all this now. I imagine him laughing so hard. . . He'll probably still be telling me that Chicago Bears will win this Superbowl and that Derrick Rose is better than all of the Hornets put together.

I imagine him typing responses to all the comments. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by viewlekan: 12:48am On Dec 06, 2010
Never knew the dude personally but read some of his posts on Nairaland, although I disagreed with his stance on some issues , he generally came across as a stand-up guy.

I genuinely wish his family the courage to deal with his demise, it is difficult to loose a child , especially a promising one at that, I hope he finds the peace that we all yearn for,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by tpia1: 12:51am On Dec 06, 2010
his name is Olubusayo Awomolo not Awolowo and Bawomolo not Bamowolo

true.

i sometimes made a typo and called him bawolomo myself.

b'a wo lomo as in how's the kid.

i just wonder how i missed seeing bawomolo was his actual name?

it [his surname] isnt one i havent heard before.

breaking it down: the awo stands for traditional priest while molo should mean grind i guess.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by COOLDK(m): 1:07am On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P broda. May u be entertained in paradise, remember to keep posting to us on NL only if heaven get a cybercafé. What a big loss? Ile-aye, ile-asan.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by kewe(f): 1:12am On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P Busayo cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2010
So sad! May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by MurphyG1(m): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Busayo, wherever you are, whatever you are, I hope you're reading this. You really hurt me bad, I never thought I'd hurt this bad. I remember once joking with you that I've never cried when you called me a cry baby. But why can't I stop crying so hard now. It hurts me to the marrows of my body knowing that you wont be back on your long journey.

You were someone I could talk to, someone I could confide in. You were more than someone I met on NL, you meant so much to me. You were my friend, you never expected me to be who I was not. Because who you saw was enough.
You were your words. You did what you said you would. You never dissapoint.

Busayo, you were funny, you were random. You were happy just by making people laugh, that was enough for you.
You didnt go out of your way to be who you were not. You looked out for so many people, yet you did not expect anybody to look out for you.
We joked about the silliest thing, like your last name. We joked about how you could be a "babalawo" since "bawomolo" sounds funny.

You told me you were 20, I told you you were lying. You could have been a 50 yrs old man, trying to be young again.
You're hurting me so bad before you tok yourself away from me.  Why are you doing this to me? DID i ALSO DESRVE THIS?

You were just too nice, and took too many shoit from people. I told you that so many times. You'd call me crazy, and I'd call you crazier.
You were someone who would just call to ask how someone is, just to ask about my welfare even when I forgot you. I regret it now.
You did not look for new ways to wand off trouble, because to you, joking were the only way to fix up arguments and trouble.

I've met many nice, kind, brilliant people. But I dont think they'd have touched my soul like you did. You had everything right in front of you, yet you were not arrogant. That was not your game. You were sweet and so kind.

You'd sit there and listen to me, so quiet that I'd have to ask if you were still there. You'd tell me that you were. I'd accuse you of not listening, but then you'd prive me wrong by PERFECTLY analysing what I've just said. You always listen, even if I was being stu pid. You always care, even when I didnt deserve it. You always made me feel like I was smart, even when I ask for your help at the simpliest of stuff.

When I had a problem in my engineering dept, you gave me several advice. The hardest classes for me were the easiest for you. And you were never too busy to help. When I told you I was going to give up and switch my major, you jokingly called me a chicken and coward. Which made me work hard to prove you wrong. Busayo, in all I do in my academics from now on, I'd continue to make you proud wherever you are.

I remember we used to joke about how old you and I was. I'd call you "aburo" and you'll ask me how old I am. You'd tell me that you were 3 months older than me. I'd say "so what? what is 3 months?". You'd tell me that "that is a lot o". But still I'd keep calling you aburo.

You never knew how much you meant to me as a friend, a brother and a fellow Nigerian. Now I regret not letting you know. I regret taking advantage of time. I will miss you so much, and I'll never stop crying. If I have to live pure and kind as you just to give you a second chance, then may the Lord be my strength. I just want to wake up to hear the phone ring and hear your "this ekiti girl" joke again. I want you to wake up and call me crazy. I want to stop hurting so bad and I want to stop crying. Ok, I promise, I'll stop crying if you come to me in a dream and tell me that everything is alright. Without a sign, without something, I dont think I can stop hurting.

And I forgot to wish you happy birthday, so happy belated birthday. I was sooo hoping that you would take me to a "club" on my 21sth birthday to see what the racous about clubs was all about. We both didnt know, we could have found out. This world is not a fair one at all. It's so cruel. Why do we have to suffer, why do we have to say "goodbye"?.

BUSAYO, RIP. I will forever miss you.

Ur post is very touching!I feel lyk crying myself. I can imagine how u feel, I dont knw why good pple dont last long. I never had any conversation with him but have read his posts. May his soul rest in peace,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by McCoy91(m): 1:23am On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P. Very sensible dude despite your age. I used to wish more NLers would argue so sensibly. We'll will surely miss you.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Busybody2(f): 1:49am On Dec 06, 2010
Goofing around with him and okija-juju cry cry cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-231112.32.html#msg3462141

Gosh, can't believe having this convo about kids killing one another in the UK barely months ago, hence his "we are tackling gun issues in US and you are here discussing kitchen breadknife crimes"  cry cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-538189.64.html#msg7007995

Member of Ileke-idi/heatfusion/ebony-silk/toyinrayo/flgators/etc school of Thread Derailers Association

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200002.128.html#msg3187772

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-228581.64.html#msg3422829
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by JAZES(m): 1:50am On Dec 06, 2010
Always driving home his point so intelligently, NL will surely miss u MAN. cry cry cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Blazay(m): 2:08am On Dec 06, 2010
This is a great loss.
R.I.P. Bawomolo.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by denzel2009: 2:11am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP bawomolo. I won't forget this comment anytime soon https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505338.32.html
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by suxes2006(m): 2:31am On Dec 06, 2010
Its pathetic and very sad though i never knew
him or had any arguement with him on NL ,

RIP bro

SHALOM
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Outstrip(f): 3:09am On Dec 06, 2010
Aww Bawo. You touched everybody deeply. You have left such an impression. We all just wish you had not left so quickly. I hope you have now found peace. I pray for you and your family that everybody will somehow come to terms with this. We have all been cheated but we know that God always has bigger plans. I will always remember you fondly. May your soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Famous Lies We Tell / Rich Nigerians Spending Millions On London Property - video report from London! / Our Biggest Fear ? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.