Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nairaland And Tribalism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairaland And Tribalism (714 Views)

Sub-tribalism(clanship) In South-east Nigeria / Tribalism Among Yoruba People / How Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky? No Tribalism Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nairaland And Tribalism by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
I've been on Nairaland since 2012 and frankly speaking this forum has begun to deteriorate to me. When the forum began, it was for mature-minded civil adult human beings. But now it's over run by juvenile, uncouth little beasts who feel they can post nonsense because of the anonymity the internet affords them.
But what really irks me is the rise of tribalism on this forum. Once a thread is reported as tribalistic, it should be taken down immediately and the original poster banned permanently but on Nairaland it's totally allowed. Seun, when your darling forum gets hit by another viral attack, just know you caused it. End tribalism on your forum!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Proxy001(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
weda u like it or not ethnocentric chauvinism has come to stay in d world like d very air we breath since d destruction of d tower of Babel... for me av learnt to live with it by not letting it border me. even in d Holy book drew was great discrepancy between Jews and gentiles

1 Like

Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Proxy001: weda u like it or not ethnocentric chauvinism has come to stay in d world like d very air we breath since d destruction of d tower of Babel... for me av learnt to live with it by not letting it border me. even in d Holy book drew was great discrepancy between Jews and gentiles
But that's very wrong. Esp for us Nigerians. When we go abroad we get mad at whites who are racist but we come home and kill each other because of tribe. Anyone that is tribalistic isn't better than Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Proxy001(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharmO1: But that's very wrong. Esp for us Nigerians. When we go abroad we get mad at whites who are racist but we come home and kill each other because of tribe. Anyone that is tribalistic isn't better than Boko Haram.
to be sincere u are very correct. but changing it is where d problem lies coz even wen we claim to be neutral in most tinx we do my sister itz not 100%
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
ok
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blame Danhumprey for the tribalism on NL angry
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by anonymous6(f): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
sorry it is inevitable, tribalism in nairaland will be go on till the forum is no more. To be honest majority of views people say when it comes to other tribes, majority of the time is a sentiment believed with many nigerians, not all but many, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Nairaland to me is highlighting it, instead of sugar coding it. Its sad but the truth, for me I could careless cause it's a forum like others of other races and nationalities that talk about their neighbors. I have been to British, African american, white american, Asian, and British Caribbean forums and heard worst about almost every group more then nairaland. So to me you should ignore it, sit back and treat nairaland when you bump into these tribal threads as if your watching a funny but disturbing movie.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Danhumprey: 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nobleval: Blame Danhumprey for the tribalism on NL angry
undecided
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Danhumprey: undecided
why did you attack the Op?
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Danhumprey: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nobleval: why did you attack the Op?
undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland And Tribalism by Fulaman198(m): 2:51am On Aug 07, 2014
OP report bigotry wherever you see it on culture forums. I need to get back to sleep.

1 Like

(1)

Faworaja Chronicles / Yoruba Mothers / U.S. Has Forsaken God, Says Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.