Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (48179 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by bussicutie(f): 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
amodu:

That's a blatant lie, it is not so.

Another announcement was made this night that nobody should be outside when it is 9:00pm because the Eluku will cry starting from that time.

Any further development will be made available to you all to safeguard all and sundry from this pagan practice.
thanks,cos I av been hearin all sorts of things
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by austinebode: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
emmatok:
Do the Indians and chinese think about your God?
Learning to tolorate other people religion/culture, is a Christian virtue.
So funny! Are we China or India? Nobody is saying u shld not do ur stuff but don't disturb others simple. I just pray God shld arrest everyone of u b4 it too late.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by calaharry: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
I have gone far and wide there is no civilized society where ppl right of movement is curtailed by cultural ceremonies. Americans do haloween, the Chinese do their budhist rituals, no matter who u are be it usa president u don't use cultural rites to lay siege on ppl, it is against God's ordinance and it is against civil liberty and against natural justice
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by deebrain(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

and these same ppl will be screaming racism in europe. kai!

slaves..

being slaves to human beings is still better than being slaves to demons.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 12:14am On Aug 08, 2014
ibdeals1:

Bro i feel you grin,these got me laughing realy hard..your soo right those people na real confirm jazz they get and them no they hesistate to even use it on their family nt to talk of outsider..hav always feared cultural festival like that and the curses are highly contagious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

That is it my bro, one just have to avoid them at all cost. Ki a fi ti kesari fun kesari.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 12:16am On Aug 08, 2014
candygosh:

This oro really disrupted our product development today. All in all we saw students to buy our products.

I hope there is free movement tomorrow, I seriously hope.

Which product is that and where is the development taking place?

Perhaps I can join you......
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 12:19am On Aug 08, 2014
bussicutie: thanks,cos I av been hearin all sorts of things

Let your mind be at rest just make sure to follow this thread.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ibdeals1(m): 12:37am On Aug 08, 2014
amodu:

That's a blatant lie, it is not so.

Another announcement was made this night that nobody should be outside when it is 9:00pm because the Eluku will cry starting from that time.

Any further development will be made available to you all to safeguard all and sundry from this pagan practice.

pls tell me more abt the eleuku going out in the side at the time i think its related to the one in that ancient town in ondo
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 1:16am On Aug 08, 2014
ibdeals1:

pls tell me more abt the eleuku going out in the side at the time i think its related to the one in that ancient town in ondo

Till tomoRrow, my bed is calling now.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:55am On Aug 08, 2014
calaharry: it is against God's ordinance and it is against civil liberty and against natural justice

Which God?

the jew man-god has no authority on Nigerian Soil. Be warned.

You are guests. behave like guests.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by wagazala: 5:44am On Aug 08, 2014
CharlieMaria:
Must you blaspheme God?

Not my intentions really, just wanted to make a point.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2014
amodu:

Which product is that and where is the development taking place?

Perhaps I can join you......

Its a school project. Will there be movement today? Cos I'm going into town
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by habex005(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2014
macof:

Yes! Don't go out and make money.
Stay home and honour the king.
If you don't like that leave his territory and return to ur village

Guy u dey vex ooooo
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by habex005(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2014
shindarayo: if u heard boko haram wld bomb lagos today wont u forget wat ull eat for d nnext one week and stay home.abi hs boko haram started giving pple money

With boko haram arround, people still go to the north to make money...... Wen sallah come u will witness a lot of people that will travel to the north to buy ram and cow in order to make ends meet.

Oro na person
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by MrDoGood(m): 6:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Damager:

I no b Benin I just happen to Skul dea Nd knw Hw much it means to dem
k
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by mezebel(f): 6:56am On Aug 08, 2014
austinebode:
So funny! Are we China or India? Nobody is saying u shld not do ur stuff but don't disturb others simple. I just pray God shld arrest everyone of u b4 it too late.
people are practicing dere culture in dere own land,mere tenants are complaining... Hw can u as a christian be praying for God to arrest ikorodu people for practicing dere culture? South africa celebrate their culture in a very colorful way. If d culture does not require blood shed,I don't see anything wrong. Stop viewing God in such disruptive way...

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by presley64(m): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2014
hensben: why has whatever you worship not bring back the girls?i am a christian but not an extremist one like most nigerians, churches everywhere in nigeria yet the country is getting worse each day that passes by. #most nigerians= mental slavery

Its because of people like u dat is y africa can't move forward
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2014
You all should see this thread.. Funny things ebola prevention made us do this morning

https://www.nairaland.com/1848046/bath-salt-hot-water-prevent
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2014
candygosh:

Its a school project. Will there be movement today? Cos I'm going into town

Definitely there is movement
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2014
Follow this thread and see how history was made regarding the burial of the Oba Ayangburen of Ikorodu.

www.nairaland.com/1847704/history-made-ikorodu-solat-observed
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by patostation(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2014
These Ijebus use culture and tradition to mask the real evil they commit in Ikorodu. Most of the rituals they in Ikorodu are done with innocent people slaughtered to appease angry gods (the reason why people keep missing in that town.

There is no part of Nigeria without culture - argungu, durbar, eyo, new yam festival, igba nkwu, orisha etc. But any culture that involves barbarism or murder (oro, killing of twins, female genita mutilation, using other people to bury a dead king etc) has to be condemned. Say no to murder, harrassment and intimidation in the name of culture!

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 2kris(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

fvck your jesus! that basta.rd jew was the source of all todays world problems.

fvcking jews.
.....hy watch it dont abuse jesus,cuz he did nothing but to preach love ,and love does who loved him.....in summary u can not convince me and u will never convince my,cuz no man come to the father except through jesus so watch ur tongue before it gets ebola

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2014
presley64:

Its because of people like u dat is y africa can't move forward
or its people like you who think religion can invent car....you most nigerians use the name of thy Lord in vain(i.e, calling His name for no reason instead of to think from your brain box first thats the reason westerners are ahead of you folks).

Oga quit from been religion extremist cos it doesnt yield good thing just like boko haram we have today.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
amodu:

Definitely there is movement

So there no oro again Shey? Things r back to normal.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
2kris: .....hy watch it dont abuse jesus,cuz he did nothing but to preach love ,and love does who loved him.....in summary u can not convince me and u will never convince my,cuz no man come to the father except through jesus so watch ur tongue before it gets ebola

and we all know how much love his preaching has generated.

christianity even gave birth to islam.

christianity is Pure Evil.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Sir Macof, now that we've killed these useful idi.ots and their scrounging illiterate ar.ses(medieval pikeys causing nuisance everywhere), can you please explain what these traditional rites are about to me?

Personally, I don't know much about Oro but the little know is that it is a traditional event for rituals, prayers and merriment all to seek Olodumare's blessings in the land

It is also used to keep women in fear of their husbands, they are strictly prohibited from seeing Oro or coming out during the oro period.
Certain Imole would be venerated during this period with their idol(carved images) paraded around town with singing and dancing. Sacrifice is also made, those criminals or certain enemies of the town are used.
When a king dies, oro is done too, to perform rituals for a better future going into a new era
Oro is basically a multi purpose ceremony for the Towns people alone...visitors cannot partake and women too.
Also those who can't be involved should rather stay away or stay indoors
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by drestoneokuta(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Legendbaba1: come out with ur pastor and see wat ur blood of jesus will see mumu
You the wise one now, u that live in constant fear. The blood of jesus works!!! Chalenge it and you will see
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by jaz(m): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
was travelling back yesterday with my family. had to go sleep at my in-law's or else na hotel. had to buy a shirt to wear to the office late last night. now i dont even know when we all can go home now. its really frustrating.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Balkan(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
jaz: was travelling back yesterday with my family. had to go sleep at my in-law's or else na hotel. had to buy a shirt to wear to the office late last night. now i dont even know when we all can go home now. its really frustrating.
rubbish tradition
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by t2luv: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2014
ibdeals1: Theres also an eluku masqurade/spirit in a town in ondo the town is called oke igbo...its strange that theres another in ikorodu..the one in that town in ondo state is damn scary that no one is allowed to look at it anyone that looks at it die instantly lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Please tell me you are joking. grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ibdeals1(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2014
t2luv:

Please tell me you are joking. grin grin

Joke for where? na tru o...
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
jaz: was travelling back yesterday with my family. had to go sleep at my in-law's or else na hotel. had to buy a shirt to wear to the office late last night. now i dont even know when we all can go home now. its really frustrating.

Nothing stops you from going to your house, by the way where do you stay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / Ooni: How my daughter almost lost her life to SARS operatives / Jamb Question - What Is "Eku Ijoko" In English ? (winner Gets Recharge Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.