Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King (31483 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
The names of muslims in Ikorodu will be written in Gold in the book of history as they successfully perform solat on the corpse of their late king, HRM Oba (Dr) Salaudeen Afolabi Adekoya Oyefusi Oguntade II CON., Ayangburen of Ikorodu.

The Solat was observed at the gigantic Oriwu Central Mosque, located at Ikorodu garage round-about, Ikorodu Division led by His Eminence Shaykh-el-Islam Yahya Olorunosebi Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi As-Samadaani (RTA) who stood tall on his claim boldly and not being a coward that Islamic rites will be performed on the Islamic King.

The Islamic rites who done amidst red eye and desperation in the eye of the pagans (Olosugbos) who were expecting to have the corpse without any interference as it has been a norm of having the sole right on the corpse of a king.

The Chief Imam rinsed the king's corpse with zam-zam water after which he delivered his speech, followed by that of the queen. Then he led the solat with all that are present.

In the mosque were; Ambassador Olori Muyibat Olayinka Oyefusi, the glamorous queen of our time who delivered a darling tribute to her husband, all his children and some grand-children, Aremo Oba Ogunsanya, Chief BOS Benson; Asiwaju of Ikorodu, Chief Kabiru Sotobi, Odofin of Ikorodu, other chiefs, Baales, the Rademo families and eminent personalities too numerous to mention.

8 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
The late king....

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
The Chief Imam; HE.
SHAYKH-EL-ISLAM CHIEF IMAM YAHYA
OLORUNOSEBI OSHOALA AJAGBEMOKEFERI AS-
SAMADAANI (RTA) delivering his speech

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
White cap chiefs representing Oba of Lagos and security men stationed at the mosque premises.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by dominique(f): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Does that mean that the fetish rituals won't go as planned?

7 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by eyeview: 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
I give a big kudos to the islamic clerics if this means that the oba was buried according to islamic rites rather than the traditional rites which would have required some fetish practices(that does include human sacrifice).
I also commend the late oba whom am sure insisted that islamic burial be performed for him rather than some crude and wicked traditional burials.
We thank God and I urge other obas who have embraced christianity to insist on a christian burial upon death. Those blood thirsty men would have no option but to respect the wishes of the dead oba. Kudos

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
#Ebony undertaker automobile that brought the king's corpse while people look on

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Inside the Oriwu Central Mosque premises

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Mushood: 8:05am On Aug 08, 2014
amodu: The names of muslims in Ikorodu will be written in Gold in the book of history as they successfully perform solat on the corpse of their late king, HRM Oba (Dr) Salaudeen Afolabi Adekoya Oyefusi Oguntade II CON., Ayangburen of Ikorodu.

The Solat was observed at the gigantic Oriwu Central Mosque, located at Ikorodu garage round-about, Ikorodu Division led by His Eminence Shaykh-el-Islam Yahya Olorunosebi Oshoala Ajagbemokeferi As-Samadaani (RTA) who stood tall on his claim boldly and not being a coward that Islamic rites will be performed on the Islamic King.

The Islamic rites who done amidst red eye and desperation in the eye of the pagans (Olosugbos) who were expecting to have the corpse without any interference as it has been a norm of having the sole right on the corpse of a king.

The Chief Imam rinsed the king's corpse with zam-zam water after which he delivered his speech, followed by that of the queen. Then he led the solat with all that are present.

In the mosque were; Ambassador Olori Muyibat Olayinka Oyefusi, the glamorous queen of our time who delivered a darling tribute to her husband, all his children and some grand-children, Aremo Oba Ogunsanya, Chief BOS Benson; Asiwaju of Ikorodu, Chief Kabiru Sotobi, Odofin of Ikorodu, other chiefs, Baales, the Rademo families and eminent personalities too numerous to mention.
nice info for those of indegene dat were absent like me. From ur brother amodu moshood

5 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Mushood: nice info for those of indegene dat were absent like me. From ur brother amodu moshood

So you also frequent here?

Well, it is an historical day which will be engrave in the heart of history.

We should be proud that we are part of the history making generation.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
What a pity sad
What were the Afobaje chiefs doing when they let this sacrilege?
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
macof: What a pity sad
What were the Afobaje chiefs doing when they let this sacrilege?

They aren't Afobaje Chiefs but White Cap Chiefs of Lagos representing the Oba of Lagos. These are the muslims among them as they were caught unaware. So they didn't disrespect our sacred mosque.

3 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Mushood: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
amodu:

So you also frequent here?

Well, it is an historical day which will be engrave in the heart of history.

We should be proud that we are part of the history making generation.
nairaland is just my favourite site jare

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by macof(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
amodu:

They aren't Afobaje Chiefs but White Cap Chiefs of Lagos representing the Oba of Lagos. These are the muslims among them as they were caught unaware. So they didn't disrespect our sacred mosque.

Why should an Obas body be taken to a mosque?? It is Oba and not Emir??
Ikorodu is no Muslim emirate where Yoruba traditions aren't regarded.
The Oba is a representative of the kingdom not Islam.
This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Olucheye(m): 3:35am On Aug 09, 2014
This Is An Insult On What The Stool Of An OBA Stands For In Yoruba Land....

Now If The Traditionalist Go Revolting Now, The Muslims Will Go Trigger Happy In The Name Of Jihad....

If The Family Won't Release The Body For The Rite, They Should Be Expunged From The Ruling Family List Then..#mySubmission

19 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by tellwisdom: 3:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Rubbish undecided....Olugbongbo ko, Olu yaya ni angry

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by aadoiza: 3:45am On Aug 09, 2014
I believe they are aware that Islam frowns at filthy culture like the scheduled oro, otherwise the Islamic rite would just be one helluva waste of time.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Aromas: 3:47am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice
why did u guys just like to cause confusion here now So bcuz d late oba body was taken to mosque 4 Islamic rite deserved punishment. Now my qustn is "Who's going 2 punish d dead already his dead?? And why must dey suspend his house from Obaship
You're 2 answers dos qustn oooooooo or else I'll report u 2 Seun Osewa 4 suspension

10 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Aderiade(m): 3:48am On Aug 09, 2014
dominique: Does that mean that the fetish rituals won't go as planned?

Hopefully, my sister!
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by ibedun: 3:51am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

I think Tinubu was right about these useless Yoruba Obas. When you think they have presided over mass sell off of our Land to strangers , they have allowed their domain to be overpopulated by strangers, they have failed to assert our authority on our land, allowed foreigners to dominate our market and commerce leaving indigenes unemployed, succumbed to the FG without a fight and knowing that we are operating a fraudulent constitution in Nigeria without protest etc etcd

5 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by ALKARULEZ615(m): 3:52am On Aug 09, 2014
D ritualists didn't show up...rily? shocked

I guess they heard the late Oba died of EB*LA... #teamPrevention is beta dan Sacrifice grin

3 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by strangest(m): 3:53am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

The North has taken over, I presume.... they could have stopped the human sacrifice if that was the only issue.....
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by masterpix(m): 3:53am On Aug 09, 2014
When did muslem started puting corpse in coffie?.is sultan aware of this

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by shadowwalker101: 3:54am On Aug 09, 2014
okay [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 09, 2014
When I die, burn me and pour my ashes in Niagara falls. None of all this unnecessary expenses, give that money to charity.

7 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by iamord(m): 4:29am On Aug 09, 2014
I believe it has been done already.. Some of the leaders tend to wield dual religion together..

3 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by iamord(m): 4:32am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Sincerely speaking, african tradition has become distorted

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Op,who told you the traditional rites won't still be performed on the corpse? The bringing of the corpse to the mosque is just an hypocrisy on the part of the oba's family..Obas in yorubaland goes beyond being affiliated to a certain religion,without being subjected to the traditional rite of the land..either the family likes it,or not,the rite would still be performed.

12 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by SHOLATEMI: 4:35am On Aug 09, 2014
masterpix: When did muslem started puting corpse in coffie?.is sultan aware of this
since d Oba didn't die in nigeria did u expect his dead body to be putting in bear hand and am sure after d solat and necessary prayer had been perform he won't be buried wit d coffin.

7 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by onoja12: 4:36am On Aug 09, 2014
slave mentality,you are trying to do a Muslim burial for a man that was a traditional ruler,cant you people think,if the religion was so important,he would have stepped down from the traditional stool to be a Muslim,as long as you refer to him as Oba,please note that you people just wasted your time his body is traditional right

amodu: The names of muslims in Ikorodu will be written in Gold in the book of history as they successfully perform solat on the corpse of their late king, HRM Oba (Dr) Salaudeen Afolabi Adekoya Oyefusi Oguntade II CON., Ayangburen of Ikorodu.

14 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by LMAyedun(m): 4:43am On Aug 09, 2014
Olucheye: This Is An Insult On What The Stool Of An OBA Stands For In Yoruba Land....

Now If The Traditionalist Go Revolting Now, The Muslims Will Go Trigger Happy In The Name Of Jihad....

If The Family Won't Release The Body For The Rite, They Should Be Expunged From The Ruling Family List Then..#mySubmission
LOL!!! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Odogwu; Why Do Igbo Guys Call Themselves That / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.