Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! (2837 Views)

African/black Women Battle With Alopecia / South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world! / My Nationality Doesnt Grant Me Status To Claim Being African? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2014
have lived in europe and north america for over twenty five years...i feel so down and hopeless... on my way to work i read of a boat load of africans trying to enter Italy or the Port of Spain almost every month.

One day in my church in Europe some missionaries from my church went to Africa, the video they brought back was them showing Africans who did not know where they were a map and was guiding and explaining to them where they are relative to other places and countries... I had to stand up and leave the service not because whites have done anything wrong in the majority white church but why things are the way they are between the races.

DO NOT COME HERE AND BLAME BAD LEADERSHIP. WHY DO WE HAVE PERPETUALLY BAD LEADERSHIP AND THE EUROPEANS DO NOT? EVEN CHINA AND INDIA HAVE DECENT GOVERNMENTS AFTER ALL WE FLY OUT THERE FOR HEALTH CARE.

In my job, I am the only black there... the whites are very organized and it shows in their mentality; whereas the nigerian is drowning in come today come tomorrow, they are looking for how to do things fast and well same day not tomorrow.

Then think about this, your phones were invented by non blacks, your cars, equations, Gauss Law, laws of motion, no great black scientist with original ideas im talking of establishing cause and effect equations from first principles or coming up with cure for ebola or even city planning.

then we have the universities where kids sent to school start forming cults...

are we cursed or what... we need answers not just say bad leadership... some say it was in Genesis when Ham was cursed...

Up today, we are lining up at various embassies looking to leave no different than those getting into europe by sea except we use lufthansa and klm.

dont mention colonialism(others colonised have exceled), bad leadership (bad leadership are BLACKS and whites dont hv perpetual bad leadership)...

i look for things to be prod of about being black i find non, look at black neighborhoods in the USA... how can i become a proud black person and not be subservient to the whites and chinese in my job, they have the power! even to get a job, unless God is working a miracle for you, you have to dehumanise and lose your african dignity by acting and sounding white, adapting to white environments and culture; we all speak their language today... what other option exists? stay in nigeria and die of hunger (remember the unemployment rate is so high) where the only industries are O&G, banking and importation that cannot support 160 million people.

And dont mention egypt or south africa, we are talking of sub saharan africa.

anyway, guys non defensive and objective input are welcome... why did the Creator choose it this way...? and what can I do to stop feeling this way?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Obalende: 12:24am On Aug 07, 2014
Nice and interesting. I don sit don well for this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by haryomikun(m): 12:25am On Aug 07, 2014
Lemme give Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ sum few stuff †̥Φ be proud of. In America, the percentage of educated Nigerians is higher than the percentage of White americans
2. The average american doesn't have the enduring power of an african. Africans last longer than them. Actually, if there was †̥Φ be a doomsday, Africans would be d last set of people left in the world.
Also, let me give Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ some other factors about blacks that whites want so much
1. Blacks have natural rhythm. This means blacks can dance better †̥Φ music. The average white dances like a lost puppy grin
2. Blacks have bigger d*cks. Trust me, this is instrumental wen u wanna keep your wife grin
3. Blacks age slower than whites.... Whites are always very reactive †̥Φ the sun so throughout their lives, skin damage occurs wenever they are under the sun. But no so for a black.
4. Blacks are faster and stronger. We have more muscle mass and fast twitch fibers for running.
If blacks didn't invent electrical appliances we invented other stuff like hip hop, break dancing, rap, reggae etc. Whites dominate in that Einstien-ish way but Blacks dominate in the entertainment industry. Trust me, dem whites love d style of blacks and sometimes try †̥Φ copy it. E.g 1. Suntanning †̥Φ make deir skin darker
2. Surgery and injection †̥Φ make their asses bigger{which black women naturally have!}
3, Surgery †̥Φ have fuller lips{which blacks also have naturally}
4. Trying †̥Φ copy black american style of dressing, talking, gangsta life etc....
So if ur white guyz at work try 2 intimidate Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊, intimidate dem with dis................
No sh.it boss
M black and m proud!

3 Likes

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by haryomikun(m): 12:31am On Aug 07, 2014
Reference grin
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by haryomikun(m): 12:35am On Aug 07, 2014
!

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Ugojames(m): 12:45am On Aug 07, 2014
haryomikun: Lemme give Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ sum few stuff †̥Φ be proud of. In America, the percentage of educated Nigerians is higher than the percentage of White americans
2. The average american doesn't have the enduring power of an african. Africans last longer than them. Actually, if there was †̥Φ be a doomsday, Africans would be d last set of people left in the world.
Also, let me give Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ some other factors about blacks that whites want so much
1. Blacks have natural rhythm. This means blacks can dance better †̥Φ music. The average white dances like a lost puppy grin
2. Blacks have bigger d*cks. Trust me, this is instrumental wen u wanna keep your wife grin
3. Blacks age slower than whites.... Whites are always very reactive †̥Φ the sun so throughout their lives, skin damage occurs wenever they are under the sun. But no so for a black.
4. Blacks are faster and stronger. We have more muscle mass and fast twitch fibers for running.
If blacks didn't invent electrical appliances we invented other stuff like hip hop, break dancing, rap, reggae etc. Whites dominate in that Einstien-ish way but Blacks dominate in the entertainment industry. Trust me, dem whites love d style of blacks and sometimes try †̥Φ copy it. E.g 1. Suntanning †̥Φ make deir skin darker
2. Surgery and injection †̥Φ make their asses bigger{which black women naturally have!}
3, Surgery †̥Φ have fuller lips{which blacks also have naturally}
4. Trying †̥Φ copy black american style of dressing, talking, gangsta life etc....
So if ur white guyz at work try 2 intimidate Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊, intimidate dem with dis................
No sh.it boss
M black and m proud!

God bless u

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by tpia1: 3:23am On Aug 07, 2014
what a whiner.

isnt this another thread of yours:

https://www.nairaland.com/1442406/anyone-noticed-chinese

i doubt you're even black at all.

2 Likes

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Fulaman198(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2014
This is what I wake up to? This is the most disgraceful thread I have ever seen in my life. I am debating whether or not I should close it ROFL.

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2014
Trash bin please

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by joudini(m): 7:21am On Aug 07, 2014
This is a silent scream and resentment of what the black race majorly still represents. His emotion is not a spontaneous phenomenon, neither is it a gut reaction, nor some recently discovered passion for answers. Rather, it is an anger borne out of grinding experience, painfully long self analysis and even longer thought and reflection.

The desire to find answers about the black race plaguing many for centuries. The desire grounded in self-consciousness. Searching for answers, you are not in the wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2014
how is it disgraceful? is it not the truth? If moderators close the thread, you are suppressing truth and knowledge; I am seeking help of nairalanders and I am confused. I have only received one fairly OK response.

Well given the silence of nairalanders on this matter, I must then admit that this is just a situation we as a people are meant to cope with...
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2014
joudini: This is a silent scream and resentment of what the black race majorly still represents. His emotion is not a spontaneous phenomenon, neither is it a gut reaction, nor some recently discovered passion for answers. Rather, it is an anger borne out of grinding experience, painfully long self analysis and even longer thought and reflection.

The desire to find answers about the black race plaguing many for centuries. The desire grounded in self-consciousness. Searching for answers, you are not in the wrong.

This is the only person here that has said something reasonable... it has taken years of experiences to feel this way... i need to speak to a psychiatrist before I get crazy...
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2014
the only explanation I have found is religious in nature in as much as I try not to introduce religion into these matters. But it seems the Noah and the Sons account is indeed accurate; after that story there is then the Table of Nations. Im not saying whites are superior and accepting inferiority... hear me out first... I am suggesting that God has scheduled it this way that the whites and blacks can work together in an "elder brother relationship"; ok look at anything that happens in Nigeria, UK and US and Europe come to help us. It is not instrinsically bad... On the other hand we can say that being a "younger brother" as Genesis suggests is a good thing because we wait for the whites to invent and we consume.

Table of Nations

http://www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGham.htm

Anyhow this is my best contribution to the topic and I hope others can help.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2014
" CAMNEWTON4PRES" - "Get a life"
Typical African... no contribution just lazy answer.

You fail to address the issue raised nor give any insight.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2014
So south africa aint sub sahara lmfao, i no fit shout... grin cheesy

Why r you people so desperate, who cursed you? Talk To me caveman albino
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2014
South Africa has had substantial white influence... and continues to do so up to today. So it is not a good test...
ppl are quick to point to Egypt, even Egypt today is war torn.

With regards Noah account, I believe most pastors are silent on it today because it is offensive.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by BigBashiru: 11:13am On Aug 07, 2014
You again display a lack of reasoning associated with Africans. The thread is calling for answers to the black problem and you contribute nonsense without addressing the questions.

See if you were president today you will be living in denial of state of things... in Nigeria. You who blame the Government is the probem - look at your attitude. Before you know it, you turn it into an insult session.

This is the problem. Nobody is addressing why there is a gap between Africa and the rest of the world.

I am seeking psychiatric help proudly because I dont know why things are this way; the average Nigerian is running out of the country, the country and continent are a mess. I am seeking solutions and you are turning it into a pride issue.

I dont know what is wrong with you guys sha. Maybe I will renoounce Nigerian citizenship and have my peace of mind afterall there is such a thing as ciizenship by naturalization.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Obalende: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nigeria is also a rapidly emerging economy so OP to hell with you!

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Obalende: Nigeria is also a rapidly emerging economy so OP to hell with you!
amen , op you heard? To hell with u
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by haryomikun(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ugojames:

God bless u
Amen bro
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
BigBashiru: how is it disgraceful? is it not the truth? If moderators close the thread, you are suppressing truth and knowledge; I am seeking help of nairalanders and I am confused. I have only received one fairly OK response.

Well given the silence of nairalanders on this matter, I must then admit that this is just a situation we as a people are meant to cope with...

I'm happy to be black having an inferiority complex because you are black just shows the world how brainwashed you are as a result of the media.

I'm proud of the beautiful cultures, I'm proud of the tradition in Africa, I'm also proud to be born with a longer than average *#£@#...... Anyways you get the picture.

Stop this disgraceful inferiority complex Bashiru. You disgrace your Hausa ancestors

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by haryomikun(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
BigBashiru: have lived in europe and north america for over twenty five years...i feel so down and hopeless... on my way to work i read of a boat load of africans trying to enter Italy or the Port of Spain almost every month.

One day in my church in Europe some missionaries from my church went to Africa, the video they brought back was them showing Africans who did not know where they were a map and was guiding and explaining to them where they are relative to other places and countries... I had to stand up and leave the service not because whites have done anything wrong in the majority white church but why things are the way they are between the races.

DO NOT COME HERE AND BLAME BAD LEADERSHIP. WHY DO WE HAVE PERPETUALLY BAD LEADERSHIP AND THE EUROPEANS DO NOT? EVEN CHINA AND INDIA HAVE DECENT GOVERNMENTS AFTER ALL WE FLY OUT THERE FOR HEALTH CARE.

In my job, I am the only black there... the whites are very organized and it shows in their mentality; whereas the nigerian is drowning in come today come tomorrow, they are looking for how to do things fast and well same day not tomorrow.

Then think about this, your phones were invented by non blacks, your cars, equations, Gauss Law, laws of motion, no great black scientist with original ideas im talking of establishing cause and effect equations from first principles or coming up with cure for ebola or even city planning.

are we cursed or what... we need answers not just say bad leadership... some say it was in Genesis when Ham was cursed...

Up today, we are lining up at various embassies looking to leave no different than those getting into europe by sea except we use lufthansa and klm.

dont mention colonialism(others colonised have exceled), bad leadership (bad leadership are BLACKS and whites dont hv perpetual bad leadership)...

i look for things to be prod of about being black i find non, look at black neighborhoods in the USA... how can i become a proud black person and not be subservient to the whites and chinese in my job, they have the power! even to get a job, unless God is working a miracle for you, you have to dehumanise and lose your african dignity by acting and sounding white, adapting to white environments and culture; we all speak their language today... what other option exists? stay in nigeria and die of hunger (remember the unemployment rate is so high) where the only industries are O&G, banking and importation that cannot support 160 million people.

anyway, guys non defensive and objective input are welcome... why did the Creator choose it this way...? and what can I do to stop feeling this way?
Also OP, the first known civilisation in this world was the egyptian civilisation. And last tym I checkd egypt is in africa............
So africa not only started d human race but also the first civilisation. If not 4 egyptians who invented writing, God knows where the world would be today

1 Like

Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by Fulaman198(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
BigBashiru:

You again display a lack of reasoning associated with Africans. The thread is calling for answers to the black problem and you contribute nonsense without addressing the questions.

See if you were president today you will be living in denial of state of things... in Nigeria. You who blame the Government is the probem - look at your attitude. Before you know it, you turn it into an insult session.

This is the problem. Nobody is addressing why there is a gap between Africa and the rest of the world.

I am seeking psychiatric help proudly because I dont know why things are this way; the average Nigerian is running out of the country, the country and continent are a mess. I am seeking solutions and you are turning it into a pride issue.

I dont know what is wrong with you guys sha. Maybe I will renoounce Nigerian citizenship and have my peace of mind afterall there is such a thing as ciizenship by naturalization.

I don't know if you are black, but if you are then that's horrific. How can you be having an inferiority complex I just don't understand. It's all in your mind. You should be happy with who you are naturally and worry about how you as an individual contribute to society. Peace closing this thread. PM me if you need help.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by bigfrancis021: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
BigBashiru: have lived in europe and north america for over twenty five years...i feel so down and hopeless... on my way to work i read of a boat load of africans trying to enter Italy or the Port of Spain almost every month.

The thought process you have are thoughts that hit every black man living in a multi-racial environment. You need to learn to overlook all those things and despite all the ills learn to love yourself for who you are because you were created for a purpose. Remember, God makes no mistakes in what he does and there's a reason for your creation. One thing black people have is compassion, kindness, spirituality looking out for each other, mercy, faith, hope, belief in God and the afterlife, communal living - basic human qualities that make life worth living, lacking in advanced countries characterized by individualism, selfishness, backstabbing, and self-gratification. Ever wondered why natural disasters are rife in advanced countries than in Africa?

Life isn't measured by the yardstick of technology or development. Life is measured by the little but mighty things that matter in life - qualities of love and human relationships. When life is over, the quality of life you lived is measured by how much love you gave away and not by technological advances you made nor the number of academic degrees you obtained. All of which Jesus described himself as vanity. Little wonder Jesus himself wasn't born in so-called advanced countries, neither was he white himself(the greatest lie ever told to humanity) and with biblical evidence that suggests he was Negroid - having hair like a wool and skin color like bronze. We all know that Negroids have wooly hair and Caucasoids wavy hair and the color of bronze is brown, not white or pink. When Joseph was told to take Jesus to faraway Egypt in Africa (not surrounding countries of Lebanon, Arabia, Jordan with white people) to hide in the midst of his fellow people from Pharaoh, why do you think that was so? Does one go to hide where the people there are entirely different from him? If hiding from someone, common sense will tell you to hide in the midst of people who look exactly like you to make you difficult to be found. The bible mentioned that the people of Israel at the time of Jesus and also in Egypt were idol worshippers. Which race has been historically known to carve graven images for themselves and bow down to them? Ancient whites were cavemen, living in caves, battling extreme cold weathers, sitting around fires and striking fires with stones ie the Eskimos, Inuit etc. During the time of Moses in Egypt in Africa, one issue he constantly battled was the idol worship of the people.

Over 2000 years ago, and during the time of Jesus native Egyptians were recorded to be black(Kemet) with many books written in that time that say so, until the recent arabic invasion of North Africa. And seeing that it takes only 3 generations to turn a black person to white person, remaining unchased black locals were intermarried with to produce light-skinned first generations who further were intermarried with to produce more lighter second-generation light-skinned individuals until the 4th generation where all traces of black presence were wiped out completely. A phenomenon called 'breeding out the color'. The same policy similarly perpetrated against the aboriginal blacks of Australia to have all surviving black australians 'mixed' with white blood continually each generation to produce light-skinned generations until they become purely white. Similar phenomena which we still observe today. You wouldn't believe that 'white' Michael Scofield from Prison break has a dark-skinned grandfather or Mariah Carey, only a first-generation interracial progeny, who easily passes as white has a black father. She married a light-skinned interracial man to produce white-looking progeny. In our world today where we are taught abhorrence of anything black, her children will grow up tomorrow to deny being black and claim white instead.

Not also forgetting the massive edits that were made to the bible by the early church fathers to suit themselves. Ever wondered why the bible is silent on Jesus' race or his sexuality? Don't you think references leading to his race or his sexuality might have been purposely removed so as to not conflict with what the early church fathers wanted him to be?

I don't identify as christian but I believe in Jesus and his mission on earth, which actually differs from what modern day christianity lies to us. There's a greater meaning to Jesus' statement, 'the stone which the builders rejected will turn around to become the head corner stone'. There's a purpose of every creation.

Learn to be proud of yourself and your skin color. There are some things on earth beyond the understanding of the mind/brain of mortal man that are much better understood when life is over. The satisfaction and value in life lie not in academic success nor technological advancements - fleeting things of the world, but rather in the way you treat your fellow human beings. If there was to be a place in the afterlife for people known to have committed the most evil of inhuman acts to another human, it would be full of Caucasoids, especially of ancient times till now and very few Negroids. Slavery, racism, sexism, discrimination, holocaust, land-grabbing etc. whatever evil you can think of you name it, were all started by them and recorded in the history of Caucasians.
Re: Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! by bigfrancis21: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2014

(1)

The Taboo In Your Community. / Most Difficult Language To Speak And Learn / Cultural Dress: Ondo High Sense Of Fashion And Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.