Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Hitv Wahala! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Wahala! (722 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hitv Wahala! by samifedayo(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2008
A visit to Hitv office at 10,Ondo Street,Ebute Metta on Wednessday,Thursday and Friday this week would confirm how truly undeveloped or underdeveloped Nigeria is and also calls into question the usefulness or effectiveness of our Consumer Protection Agency.This is because Hitv service is not only poor but the long que of customers waiting to be attended to at the office is very disturbing and embarrassing.
I was shocked when i got to the office and saw more than 3,000 people waiting to be attended to.They all looked weak.I tried to inquire why the que was that long but i was dumbfolded when one of they told me that the office is the only one HITV has in the country.He pointed to more than 16 people who had come from Northern States of the country to either make payment or lodge one complain or the other.I asked why they have to go through all the stress when they could easily call Hitv customer care line and lodge any complain, but they said before coming down to Lagos,they had tried it for more than 4 days and the response they were getting was that " THE LINE YOU HAVE CALLED IS SWITCHED OFF,PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" and just to confirm it, i tried all the customer care lines,none was going through.
The one that suprise me most was when i discovered that for you to be attended to in time,you have to pay this Hitv staff  1,500 in addition to the 4,000 which is the subscribtion fee.I felt its wrong and wanted to call the attention of the management to it, but i was told the management knew about it.I could not but start wondering what is wrong with our country.Bribery and corruption seems to be the order of the day and its vissible in every aspect of our daily life.I tried to stop people from this but i later realised its better for them to pay the 1,500 and get the needed service rather than to spend another 2 or 3 days waiting for attention which they might not even get at the end of the day.
I've been to DSTV's office many times and i havent seen this kind of inefficiency there.All you need do is to call the customer care line and you'll be attended to.
However, i think the way forward from this problem is that our customer Protection Agency should learn more about living to the responsibility of the office and maybe our government should rewiew the consequences of giving a sole right to an company.I believe if Hitv has competitors on Premiership right, they would have taken their customers into consideration

(1) (Reply)

Dark Knight Sells Half A Million On First Day In Uk(21% Of Which Were Blu-ray) / Encripted Channels. / Guulder Ultimate Search Vi! Who Is Coming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.