Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (5689 Views)

Has Television Lost Its Relevance? / News-Anchor’s Daughter Interrupts Live Broadcast / Fears Over Indecency Broadcast In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2007
Entertainment Highway Limited is a broadcasting and communication company offering home entertainment and information communication services to its subscribers through Digital Terrrestrial Television (DTT) technology. The company has been granted a national satellite broadcasting license in Nigeria for 1GHz of frequency capable of broadcasting about 200 digital channels and providing internet, VOIP and other communication services.

Entertainment Highway Limited proposes to offer subscription services on a prepaid platform with 20 initial channels to subscribers in Nigeria. The channels will comprise a variety of content ranging from local and international movies, music, sports, cartoon, news, soaps, sitcoms, children’s learning and other clean entertainment. The Company proposes to increase the number of channels over time to a total of 40. The channels will be determined through market research and product development to meet the needs of the company’s subscribers
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2007
Finally, HITV launched today, you can now purchase the equipment for N25,000 to enjoy the N3,000 monthly subscription alongside the numerous advantages of programming, especially EPL (Premiership), La Liga etc,
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by syskay(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2007
I will like to know more. What's their website address?
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hi Syskay,
I'll like to know precisely what you might be interested in knowing further, as the website of the firm is undergoing some constructional works, but for the know u can note the site(www.hientertainment.tv).  cheesy
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hi Syskay,
I'll like to know precisely what you might be interested in knowing further, as the website of the firm is undergoing some constructional works, but for the know u can note the site(www.hientertainment.tv).  cheesy
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Beeman(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2007
I think Hitv is a very welcome development. How can I subscribe. I have asked people around me and nobody seen to know where their office is. I need it badly
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2007
Hi,
For all enquiries about the offerings of HITV you can send your questions to info@hientertainment.tv I did too and the response was instant and helpful. They currently have their office 0n ( 10, ) Ondo Street, West, Ebute Metta,off Apapa Road, Lagos.

The Decoders and Antenna goes for N25k and 1 month subscription of N3k
Hurry now while stocks last.

SEGA
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Beeman(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2007
Thanks Sega. I will check them out immediately.
Are u using Hitv yourself? How is their service?
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by LoverBwoy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2007
Hurry now while stocks last.
you mean they dont have enough antennas and decoders?

Apart from lagos what other state are they in?
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2007
Hi All,
I once said 'hurry now while stock lasts' in my last post. By that I meant to say it is ideal we all partake in the ongoing development now before we Nigerianise the whole issue( as experienced in the early GSM era). I do not have any information as regards their stock or roll out plan,as that has not been made public yet and besides more infomation can be supplied by mailing their enquiry (enquiries@hientertainment.tv and info@hientertainment.tv) for more authentic details. cheers wink
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2007
Hi All,
In answering Beeman, I got the HITV decoder installed at my place and would tell you the clearity is awesome! The BBC, CNN, E! and MTV Base channels are clearer than that of their counterpart and what's new? During rainstorms where we experience fades and loss of signals on DsTv and other networks, HITV remain crisp and clear with no rain fade effect, for this alone I will buy another copy in my office at least the subscription is just N3,000.
Cheers
cheesy
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 7:38am On Mar 01, 2007
Hi All,
I saw this in France and believe it might interest you. Kindly visit site www.mds.fr  It will make you proud of being a Nigerian.
Cheers grin
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by mufikings(m): 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
Hello SEGA, thanks for the infos,please what precisely are the 20 Channels ,do u have the complete list

Will the subscription fees of 3,000 per month change as the chennels increase

HITV's grin doing a great job, saving us from the DSTV rip angry !!!

I am planing on geting one my self soonest.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by lelele: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
What excatly how we talking about, we are happy because we have an alternative to dstv, i dont think that is the solution. there has to be a way out of thi why do we have to always have the sour end of the deal, other africa countries dont like us yet they are always rippping us.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by mufikings(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2007
So what do u suggest HITV is indegenous,thats some thing to atleast be glad about,if they chose to hate us!their choice!!,if we chose not to be wise our choice!!! cos if u look around u don't seem to have govt nor a system that supports any thing nice!!!
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2007
Hi All,
In answering mufikins questions, according to my findings,HITV have the following channels launched as enumerated below: Nigezie (a high quality Nigerian music channel), Hi mix (movie and serial channel), Hi Nolly (Nigerian movie channel), Hi Sports (sport channel with rights to show LIVE Laliga, EUFA champions league, EPL (from next season), Serie A etc), Hi Kids (Kiddieprogramme/cartoon channel),Hi Life (a family entertainment /inspirational channel, catch a funfilled session of your favourites comedies (Goodtimes with Jayjay, The Jeffersons, intereting Flashbacks of significant history, Single and Married with PBO, Creflo Dollar Ministries etc), LTV 8, DoveVision, God Africa, E! , Nickolodeon, Fox Sports, MTV Base, LBC, ART Movie World,BBC world, CNN ,Hi Ovation amongst other channels awaiting approval from the NBC,

It was however gathered that there would not be any price increase even when new channels are added (still 3k per month) as the vision of the firm is principally to give Nigerians a fairer alternative to world class technology via digital Tv broadcast and information at an affordable price.

In fairness to Lelele's view I must say that proper care need be taken before swallowing another pill as DSTV has wiped out several competitors (the likes of FSTV, TITV, just to  mention a few) owing to the fact that they (the competitors) chose to battle a shark at sea without the mastery of the element of survival in the enemy's natural environment.

Dstv is widely experienced and successful in the Satellite environment and until a proper, well structured financial base is established as a backbone for any firm who intends to compete, coupled with an ideal vision to provide for the masses a need,success would only be apparent and subsequently the business would fizzle out with time.

The wisdom of HITV can be likened to that described in the scriptures when God pitched the DEVIL against the LAMB. Although, the lamb was slained for the restoration of the souls of men and later resurrected never to know death after the defeat of the later. HITV never came to war with sword and shield but with a sling and stones, they operated on terrestrial and not satellite yet delivered quality signals void of rain fade effect when the weather changes.

Just as the revolution in the broadcast Industry is taking place, that of the political sector would follow till the entire nation is completely redeemed, I personally welcome this development not because of any subjective reasons but simply because of the theory of Apocalipsis which simply depicts a new beginning after the end of an era, may the soul of DSTV rest in perfect peace with effect from August this year when their rights to the premiership is extinguished and HITV commences their transmission of same all over Africa exclusively, be a partaker now or run the risk of the apocalyptic rush come the new season. I have chosen and my choice is clear (and you sure know I ain't talking about Sprite! grin)
wink
Cheers

Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2007
Hi All,
MDSI France has this to say about their Technology and HITV. Find attached.

Cheers cheesy

Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by gbadex1(m): 1:03am On Mar 04, 2007
aight playa. . . .will love to see someone who has the said channels, though i've got some of them (E!, Mtv Base, and the likes ) @ home here on DSTV. True. . . Dstv are rip offs and sons-a-bitches. . . .
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by 4Play(m): 1:13am On Mar 04, 2007
I don't really understand why people think DSTV is a rip off.I ask them this,rip off compared to what
Before DSTV,what did you have?

With DSTV,you get to watch more premiership matches than anywhere on the planet(even here in England) at a reasonable price

I guess if you are not so keen on Premiership football then DSTV is not the answer.Most of the cost we pay is actually due to the football
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hi All,
4 Play mentioned something quite correct, Dstv has no competitor as at then and was enjoying the African monopoly especially with exclusivity on the Premiership, National Geography and the likes, but just as it was during the colonial rule, some are still of the opinion that we were better off then than post independence. ( as likened to the Isrealites' prefernece of Life in Egypt to their promise Land).

When you are old and strong enough to ask for the reason for your present situation, I see no reason why you shouldn't.
HITV has come to stay, and come the next season (from August) the premeirship is theirs according to the bid they won for Africa. So, no HITV Decoder/Antennas, no Premiership for sport lovers especially in Nigeria.

TIA (This is Africa!)
no more rip offs, slave trade is now only by choice!

Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Beeman(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2007
guys,

I am quite disappointed at the kind of services rendered by Hitv. The promises were high but they are not living up to their promises. There is no dedicated movie channel. The ART Movies they promised is an arabic movie channel. The show arabic movies not Hollywood movies. What have I to do with arabic movies.

Their himix is rubish. The hiLife is more of a religious channel. No documentary channel, When I wake up in the middle of the night I don't have anything interesting to watch. No movies, No sports. 'Cos their screensaver is all you see. The only consistent channels are CNN, BBCworld, E, MTVBase and FoxSports.

HiNolly has been showing the same 4 or 5 movies since it started. Himix the same thing.

They also promised that billing will not start until all their stations are complete. But lo and behold, I was asked to insert my smart card today. All the stations are scrambled.

I wish I could sell the dish and decoder, and look for another satelite TV.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2007
I can't say I am surprised. The millions of dollars they spent fighting DSTV and acquiring rights for European football matches may have been better spent acquiring enough local content to justify the subscription fee.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by twinstaiye(m): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2007
There is room for expansion, even at that, DSTV goes a long way before they got it right. We would weather the storm, for there lies goodies at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by 4Play(m): 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2007
twinstaiye:

There is room for expansion, even at that, DSTV goes a long way before they got it right. We would weather the storm, for there lies goodies at the end of the tunnel.

Your post hinges on faith rather than evidence.Goodies at the end of the tunnel?How do you know that?
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by checktimmy: 9:47am On Mar 21, 2007
So which of the two operators do I settle for now - DStv or HItv? I have DStv already and thinking of dumping it for HItv. Anybody in 'ere got a good suggestion? undecided
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Deeds: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2007
This is to checktimmy's poser.

I have had Hitv now for some 2 months and I believe it all boils down to what thrills u more, i.e entertainment wise. The only significant edge Dstv has presently over Hitv is the Premiership league( which Hitv will be airing exclusively from August'07) . Hitv now shows live la liga matches and seria A will commence very soon as they already have the rights. Movies and others are no big deal for any cable/satelitte company, as this is easy to make good upon.

In conclusion, I would recommend you move on to Hitv say sometime in June when the Premeiership would have ended for DSTV ( with Chelsea as 3 time successive winners) and Hitv would have really sorted out the broadcast of channels like ART movies and also be up and running fully and effectively. This is only a teething problem that all starters go through.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by 4Play(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
Deeds:

. Movies and others are no big deal for any cable/satelitte company, as this is easy to make good upon.

If movies are no big deal,why are they busy broadcasting Arab movies?Surely,if Hollywood movies are easy to make good upon,they would have sorted that out by now before taking money from people.

There are intellectual property issues involved in broadcasting such movies and am sure that is why they have resorted to showing Nigerians Arab movies
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Deeds: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2007
You're mistaken 4play, clearly you have not even seen at first hand any of the channels they have to offer.

1. ART movie channel does not and I repeat does not show Arab movies. They show mainly hollywood movies, ask those that know.

2. HItv has Himix that also shows hollywood movies presently.

3. Hi Movies will be added on very soon.

Remember that the DSTV you are talking about was not this good when they started and it was not for free then, so what are we talking about??

My point again is that what really draws the majority of viewers to DSTV is the premiership, period!
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by checktimmy: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hey deeds!

Thanks for the response. Apparently, you're a true blues fan, I'm rooting for the red devil to take the league title this season anyway (I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan by the way).

Once again, I appreciate the response.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Beeman(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2007
Which ART Movies are u talking about. I went to ART Movies' webssite for their tvguide and this is what I saw.

http://www.art-tv.net/MoviesAmerica/Eng_MoviesAmerica_index.asp?ChannelId=40

So pls tell me where the hollywood movies will show up.
I know ART transmits StarWorld, Star Movies and TCM. Are these the ones HiTV plans to show us too. If that is is then it is worth waiting for. Else. I am still looking for a buyer.

A satelite tv is not complete without a documentary (eg discovery, National geographic etc) Where will that come in. CArtoon network is 24 hours. Why will they say because kids should go to sleep then Hi kids will stop transmission early. Let the parents be the ones to tell their kids to go to bed. Not HiTV.

By the way, the stations are now released. No smart card yet.
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by SEGA(m): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2007
Hi All,
With all due respect and I say this with all sense of responsibility, let us all be patient in passing judgment on brands that are inspired to change or at least make a difference to our current horizon. I have personally realized that one of the reasons why things don't get better in Nigeria is simply because we don't believe in ourselves.

HITV needs all the support it can get from all of us, at least some people are using their money and influence to better their nation through redeeming same from the jaws of colonialism and iconoclastic business predators from all over the world. Rather than sit and criticize woefully, why not ask yourself what you are doing for Nigeria to better its stance. if you ain't doing anything yet, why not support by contributing your quota to that which is presently being done.

Today it is the TV/broadcast sector, tomorrow it may be in tourism or what have you. I still want to congratulate HITV for the journey so far, if you think it's easy try this even at home!

I'm sure folks working in HITV would read all these someday (good or bad), it will make them improve on their services, let's just give them a chance. They did not present themselves as wolves but as an alternative, (see subscription details viz-a-viz that of their counterpaths) and this is just the beginning.

If a six months old baby is picking a fight with a 15 year old in a terrain that gives ample advantage to the older contingent, the least the younger would expect from spectators should be support and not criticisms, remember when David was pitched against Goliath, people who could not support by hailing him in his seeming suicidal mission, watched in awe as things unfolds, and that will be my submission, if you ain't got much support to offer these people other than whining and babbling, sit back, relax and watch them in victory. wink

This is Africa! (TIA)
Re: Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy by Deeds: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2007
Good Talk SEGA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Apprentice Africa / Download - Asake Oni Bread [part 1 & 2] | Released 21st March, 2016 / Big Brother Brazil Turns House Of Horror As Another Housemate Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.