Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? (849 Views)

Nairalanders: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? / Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by Syenite(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
Back then in Lagos (where I grew up) in the 1980s, we used to have some popular radio stations that operated mostly on MW/AM. I can remember Radio Nigeria 1 and Radio Nigeria 2. Infact I can still remember the then popular Radio Nigeria 2 jingle:"Radio Nigeria2, AM FM stereo".

While my father prepared us for school as he also prepared for work, he usually switched on the radio and his favorite station was Radio Nigeria 1. I remember the talking drum dat told us it was time for news.
I can remember some broadcasters then like Mani Onumonu , Zachari Mohammed and so on.

When we were on holidays what kept us busy till 5pm when the TV stations would open was radio broadcast. Radio Nigeria 1 was more educative while Radio Nigeria 2 was more entertaining. Radio Lagos Ikeja was later opened bt it was purely for the Yoruba audience.

Then songs of the likes of Sunny Okosun, Christy Essien Igbokwe, Onyeka Owenu, Evi Edna Ogoli, Majek Fashek, Christ Okotie, Maureen Okotie, Mandators, Oris Wiliki, Bright Chimezie, Alex O, Blacky, Daniel Wilson were the most popularly played.

Most families spent hours around their radios cos we also had radio drama, quiz competition for children and other educative programmes.

Fast forward to date.Hmmmm, I can't remember the year I last tuned to a radio station on my home theater. The only time I listen to radio is while I am driving.

When last did you listen to a radio station at home? smiley
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by b3llo(m): 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
I listen to Search FM 92.3 here in Minna. The number 1 campus radio in Nigeria #FUTMinna
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by Syenite(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
b3llo: I listen to Search FM 92.3 here in Minna. The number 1 campus radio in Nigeria #FUTMinna
Ok campus radio. But when u get to ur parents' house do u still tune to radio stations and sit to listen?
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ofcos i do listen radio, if am opptun 2say am addictd i will, cos i drive listenn 2 radio, at work also even wen am at home watchn television ma radio is still on, i find mst radio programs fascinatn compare wit watchn of movies nd oda tv programs
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by b3llo(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Syenite:
Ok campus radio. But when u get to ur parents' house do u still tune to radio stations and sit to listen?
Only if am in the Vehicle, but I rarely tune to radio station when am at home.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Stations At Home? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
yeah definitely ..i don`t miss some shows on city 105.1 and naija info fm,lagos ....nnnnnneeeeevvvvveeeerrrr

S/O to th team holding it down ,sensei uche, sheddy k,Smallzz (city) ,femi and the gang (naija info) and a whole lotta them

(1) (Reply)

Rendition Of Dorobucci By Korede Bello And Reekado Banks On Today On STV / . / MUSIC: Brymo –prick No Get Shoulder (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.