Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? (11514 Views)

What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? / Nairalanders: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? / Will You Still Listen To Hiphop At 50 Years Of Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by kosoro: 1:48am On Sep 01, 2011
It dawned on me recently that i don't get home to turn on the radio to listen to a radio program. I only listen to the radio while driving and no matter how interesting the radio program i stumble on is, the moment i park my car, that's where it ends. It's like i don't have a choice - as if to say, NEPA take light smiley When i get home, it's all about TV, internet, movies, etc.

Is it just me?
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Emmyk(m): 2:30am On Sep 01, 2011
Nope! It's you and I. cheesy
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:06am On Sep 01, 2011
I only listen to news in the morning and catch some specific sports programmes on radio.

Apart from that, I don't listen to radio. . . .
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Mrc1: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes I do.

Has anyone heard of Dotun Adebayo ? He was born in Lagos, Nigeria and presents 'Up All Night' on BBC Radio 5 Live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by iaabc(f): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
I listen only when driving too. Even then I am usually flipping through stations for news and interesting discussions as most times, it just music on most stations. I wish we had a business radio.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
The only program i listen to is ''Wetin Dey'' And that is when i have the time. Sometime i might remember the program when the time is almost up, So am not the radio type. I prefer f*ckin' my PS3 all day
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes I do. BBC World Service is my favourite!

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by femmy2010(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sport programs and Wetin dey family are what draws me to the radio.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by madoba: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
I do,well  mostly on saturdays when am cleaning my room and want some noise in the background.

Fortunately I stumbled on Inspirational FM's "Focus on the Family" radio drama series.

It's just off the hook and it beats watching tv. I will be tuning in for each episode from now on
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Kx: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrc1:

Yes I do.

Has anyone heard of Dotun Adebayo ? He was born in Lagos, Nigeria and presents 'Up All Night' on BBC Radio 5 Live.

Does the picture answer the question in anyway?
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Mrc1: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes that is him. He is from Lagos and does a segment called 'Nigerian desk' where he talks to Nigerian correspondents and talks about culture, sport etc.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes I do listen to Brila FM often
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by xtremeidea(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
yes
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by igbanbajo(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
Just yesterday, my 9 year old daughter looked at the stereo set and asked me if it works.
I had to specifically put it on to show her that it wasn't just a box but a functioning system.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Somagirl(f): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
I'm more of a visual person if I can't see the person talking I lose all interest even on the phone my conversation don't last more than 5mins. cheesy
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Greenslim: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes, First thing after devotion in the morning for headlines and shortly before sleep.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by SisiKill1: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes. . .especially [i]Tinwa Tinwa Mititi. [/i]Can't understand half of what they are saying but the half I understand. . .IN-TE-RES-TING!!!! grin
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Excelboi(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hell Nooooo! Except i feel like,and immediately i tune on and their is no music playing,i wnt even wait for secnds beofre i tune it off.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by kissCleo: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
i used to oooo b4 ,
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by nagoma(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes I listen to radio every morning (BBC world service/VOA) and FM when driving. The TV set in my bedroom is dusty and most of the time covered with bath towel.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by slinkky(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes i do listen to BBC VOA  FRCN especially the 7am network news and sports on FM stations
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Meedu(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
kosoro:

It dawned on me recently that i don't get home to turn on the radio to listen to a radio program. I only listen to the radio while driving and no matter how interesting the radio program i stumble on is, the moment i park my car, that's where it ends. When i get home, it's all about TV, internet, movies, etc.

Is it just me?

U just read my mind.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by pheesayor(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sharing life issues with Chaz B is program on inspiration fm that has lots of listeners, I'm one of them. Nokia radio phones sell a lot because most people listen to Wazobia fm especially the traders and other low-income earners
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by knotty(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
you mean, all you guys don,t get to hear Nedu of WAZOBIA FM read the news?
That is enough program for me and i enjoy it.
LoLo, Oga Madam office, great stuff you are missing
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Gbenge77(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Yes I do. BBC World Service is my favourite!
Yeah,BBC rocks.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by aieromon(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
I listen to radio. . . . . . a lot.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by ikoha: 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! used to listen to wazobia and inspiration fm. but got tired of hearing the same voices everyday. and there are way too many radio stations in lagos that you dont even kno which one to tune into. the beat fm sucks with those three people that present morning program in from morning till noon, they talk about just rubbish.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by gee2(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
yup, using ma fone
once a while.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by toluxa1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes, I am surprise that nobody mentioned Lean on Me on Kapital FM 92.9 Abuja. I Listen to it from 10:30pm to 1am every monday night. Its te best radio program i know. I am also a BBC WORD NEWS Freak. I actually cant do with radio. I have 3 radio softwares on my system, sometimes I leave it on till morning, thats what burns up my data. I also have one on my phone plus to built in radio and then a radio player at home.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by Mortiple(m): 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
O yea I still do!

My favourite programme  on radio is Political Platform on Ray Power 100.5FM; Monday - Friday, 9.15am - 9.45am.  It's anchored by the quartet of Austin Agbosuremi, Amechi Anakwe, Mustapha Mohammed and Ehiedu Aniagwu.

I also listen to Metro FM a lot, for various educative programmes they broadcast.  

Classic FM usually play my kind of music - OLD SKOOL.

I tune to BOND FM on 92.9 whenever I want to listen to music and culture of my people.
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by festuskol(m): 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
Are u guys 4real. Sincerely r u GUYS 4REAL. 92.3 inspiration is d best station 4christians n pple dt nid motivation n development in life. D best time i listen 2 it is 5.30am-6.30am,4.30-5pm,6.30pm-9pm. Sharin life issue wt chaz B at 7pm-8pm has ova half of lagos glued 2their radio. Wazobia fm is howeva more popular among d lest educated. But 4serious self dev, check out, www.inspirationradio.fm
Re: Do You Still Listen To Radio Programs? by juman(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
Ooooohhhhhh. I always miss listening to Nigerian radio stations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 / Adekunle Gold – "Call On Me" (audio) / FREE BEAT: Dj Femteezy - Gbera Sodi (talking Drum Beat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.