Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Before The Osun State Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Osun State Election. (1128 Views)

APC. Ogbeni Aregbesola Declared Winner Of Osun State Election 2014 / Ondo State Election Update..... / Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
I am one of those who had always advocated for stagered elections in Nigeria. This is because it affords us the opportunity to realy notice our flaws and correct it in subsequent elections. 48, hours from now, Nigeria’s political attentions will be shifted to Osun State where gubernatorial election will be taking place. No doubt APC’s Ogbeni, Rauf Aregbesola and PDP’s Iyiola Omisore. Are the two biggest contenders for the States’ top Job not forgetting the other candidates.

But before this election, this write- up will try to look at some issues.

Firstly, this election should be free, fair and credible. The scenario that played out in the Ekiti State election where opposition members were continously harassed by the millitary should not repeat itself. All political parties should be allowed to conduct their campaign freely provided it does not breach national security. The constitution of this country stipulates freedom of movement and denying some group of people movement amounts to denial of their fundamental human right.
Some group of people who have no reason to disturb the peace of the people should conduct themselves with decorum. A situation whereby some people will be patrolling a State on election day with sirens is totally unaccepted and we ondemn it.

Why was there no debate? Maybe someone should enlighten me if there was. Where is the Nigerian Election Debate Group. I heard PDP’s Candidate Iyiola Omisore ” chickened out of a debate that was organised. Hmmmm. Debates before elections offers the electorates the opportunity of assessing the various candidates running for the position so when they don’t deliver on their mandate the people will know. Please Debate should be part of our electionering process and should be made compulsory.

Osun people please vote wisely. Am appealing to my Osun state brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers please this is the time to decide your future. Don’t base your vote on some bags of even last you one week after the election, not because a candidate is from your locality, that he is a muslim or christian, or that he is from a particular political party. Poverty, wants and lack does not care about all what has been metioned above but will attack anyone. Therefore, for the interest of your future and that of your unborn children, please vote a man that will deliver the dividends of democracy to the people, a man with vision that will bring developmental strides to you. Let your Stomach not decide your vote but your tommorrow.

INEC, repeat what you did in Ekiti State. The Ekiti State election was very free and fair. On the election day i monitored the election with the help of my friends in the State and some friends on Nairaland Forum. Even those who were supporters of the party that lost(APC) confirmed that the elections were free and fair. Including Fayemi himself who lost and accepted defeat. Let the achievements recorded in Ekiti State elections be improved upon.

Lastly, i wish the people of Osun INEC and Nigeria at large a hitch free and sucessful election. May the best candidate emerge.
MORNDEW.

Princewill Chimereze

Student, Writter, Public affairs Analyst and Social Commentator.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
I hope my Osun brothers learn from this write up.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by PaulJohn1: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
As I type this, cash is being shared at Technical school field and also at freedom park here is Osogbo. The cash sharing process is also being monitored by our federal police from FCT, with two of their choppers boldly written "POLICE". No doubt it's from politicians in Aso Rock, probably out of the alleged missing $20bn.

Bikers got theirs from a bus loaded with cash at oke-fia yesterday.

I assume this same process is going on in other towns and villages in the state.

Too bad, the populace are ignorant that they'll pay for every single penny being shared when everything is over. When whoever is in charge then is to refund the distributed cash from their monthly allocation and IGR.

Good luck to MY people of Osun.

Re: Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
PaulJohn1: As I type this, cash is being shared at Technical school field and also at freedom park here is Osogbo. The cash sharing process is also being monitored by our federal police from FCT, with two of their choppers boldly written "POLICE". No doubt it's from politicians in Aso Rock, probably out of the alleged missing $20bn.

Bikers got theirs from a bus loaded with cash at oke-fia yesterday.

I assume this same process is going on in other towns and villages in the state.

Too bad, the populace are ignorant that they'll pay for every single penny being shared when everything is over. When whoever is in charge then is to refund the distributed cash from their monthly allocation and IGR.

Good luck to MY people of Osun.
too bad. Pls u can do d best u can to enlighten d ppl around u abt d dangers of dis i know its hard to convince ppl without ommon sense bt pls do dis just for your own contribution to National development.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by PaulJohn1: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
MORNDEW:
too bad. Pls u can do d best u can to enlighten d ppl around u abt d dangers of dis i know its hard to convince ppl without ommon sense bt pls do dis just for your own contribution to National development.

U mean I should go and talk to thousands of croud?! Lol. Even with armed police that are not just carying the normal AKs we're used to. Naa, no way.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
PaulJohn1:

U mean I should go and talk to thousands of croud?! Lol. Even with armed police that are not just carying the normal AKs we're used to. Naa, no way.
No oo. I mean u shud enlighten ur neighbours nd d ppl u com in contact with daily abt d dangers of all dis. Tanx. Cheers.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by PaulJohn1: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
MORNDEW:
No oo. I mean u shud enlighten ur neighbours nd d ppl u com in contact with daily abt d dangers of all dis. Tanx. Cheers.

May be before 2015 election, it's late for the one at hand.
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
PaulJohn1:

May be before 2015 election, it's late for the one at hand.
ok
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by argon500: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
You should have titles it" Osun state: Before it is too late.. Nice write up though
Re: Before The Osun State Election. by MORNDEW(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
argon500: You should have titles it" Osun state: Before it is too late.. Nice write up though
thanks man. The write up did not only centre on the decision of the people to vote on saturday. Thanks again.

(1) (Reply)

CJTF: We Will Deal With Shekau, Soldiers Still In Bama / Meet The Man Who Tamed Nigeria's Most Lawless City - UK Telegraph / Concerned Nigerians,let Us Come And Discuss Constructively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.