Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (27530 Views)

Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2014
huptin:

Am sorry to say this, you don't sound empathetic at all, whether scholarship is a privilege or right is not the issue, people are sent abroad to starve to death without being paid and you re here talking about rights and privileges? That's very bad.
they hav a choice to come bak home u ediot! Dis nation needs a revolution, we at home face worse conditions, let them come bak n join us to fight! I dnt empathise wit opportunists n cowards

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Braggante(m): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2014
huptin:

Am sorry to say this, you don't sound empathetic at all, whether scholarship is a privilege or right is not the issue, people are sent abroad to starve to death without being paid and you re here talking about rights and privileges? That's very bad.

I understand how you mean. However the student above wouldve been more effective in appealing to emotions and garnering support, had he not included the threats and deadlines etc for the govt. if i promise to give u five naira, and i forget or who i sent to give u delays, do u have a right to fight and protest for it, knowing that it was a gift from me to u?

I believe he will achieve more by appealing to peoples emotions and public sentiments for support to send home his demands and a combative aluta-ish stand may not help.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Amack(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2014
No sign of peace in todays morning mass at ST martin de porres Agric Ojo. our parish priest said we should only wave to our nabour. That its an order from catholic Bishop of Lagos. Because of Ebola out break.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by huptin(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Jenams: they hav a choice to come bak home u ediot! Dis nation needs a revolution, we at home face worse conditions, let them come bak n join us to fight! I dnt empathise wit opportulnist.

Now I know your problems, pure envy, frustration and lack of good breeding. I stay in this country, never got a scholarship and I don't face the kind of worse conditions you claim to face.

May be if you had paid more attention to your studies you could have gotten a scholarship too, quit hating on people, you just might be doing yourselves a big disfavour.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by otokx(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2014
They should calculate their CGPA and transfer all of them back to Nigerian federal universities.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2014
huptin:

Now I know your problems, pure envy, frustration and lack of good breeding. I stay in this country, never got a scholarship and I don't face the kind of worse conditions you claim to face.

May be if you had paid more attention to your studies you could have gotten a scholarship too, quit hating on people, you just might be doing yourselves a big disfavour.
look at dis ediot! U claim to stay in dis country n yet do not see people live in worse conditions? YOU ARE VERY BLIND. . .I don't pander to the expectations of the sanctimonious and FYI, I am very ok in dis country, @26 I already hav a gud job + an Msc. The worse condition I talked abt is NOT directly affectin me but my fellow countrymen. I am self made naija blood, I dnt nid FG to be able to feed myself, rather there is TAX deductions in my pay slip every month to FG (so I indirectly sponsor dis lads tru d tax dat I pay) and I also do nt see any reason to envy a man who can not feed himself! U twwat!

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by idee91: 8:18am On Aug 09, 2014
The hell is empty and the devils are in NIGERIA. .....God bless my father land

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by 3sha4lyf: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2014
Election is on the way... check the trends. all aspirants and their godfathers hold tight onto funds so they'll use it to dash people who no go school, so they'll rig elections and put them or their candidates into power. Naija scholarship be like "have me but look elsewhere for support" cos it can cease even before you finish first semester. Lok
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 8:30am On Aug 09, 2014
@op, the story of my life
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by amNIGERIA: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2014
Unfortunate situation indeed. ....

Consider applying for other scholarships.....there universities in Canada, UK, EU, Australia, USA, Japan, New Zealand etc ....that offer scholarship.

If you have gotten BEA scholarship on MERIT, you stand a good chance of winning another scholarship in one of these countries. ....
Try

Scholarships

http://www.Scholarships-Links.com/
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2014
Braggante: Go to any police station, tell them you want to be deported home.
Or pack your bags, go to the immigration office and register your displeasure with the country. Remember to tell them youre a Nigerian. Im sure you will get a free ticket home.
Then come home, dust your cv and join us to vote out PDP next year.
Best of luck!

mumu, u think its that simple. I can help you with the statistics of Nigerians languishing in prisons abroad for absolutely nothing. Or check with Senator Abike Dabiri.
Countries listed by the op are extremely racist and crude. They don't easily deport. You may spend your prime years just awaiting deportation. Some died in the process. Or may be you need glasses to read all over again to see that UK, US, Canada, Australia etc were not mentioned.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Slickest(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Mehnn...this is so sad, u fly innocent briiliant minds abroad 2 school nd leav dem stranded, but wait....shebi we have schools here, y don't they school here so the cost can b reduced...nd 4 d past 30yrs aw many of this scholarship students do come 2 give bak 2d economy... Nija shaaa......
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by goshen26: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2014
they only make mouth in d public " we have students on scholarship. we are this, we are that" clueless and corrupt leaders

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2014
ogashman: 8 gud mnths n no allowance??
I'm sure d person in charge must ve used dat money to run a fixed deposite acct for 1yr,gets his interest,then b4 payin u guys.
Anyways..*in kanu's voice*..be detamin to neva give up.

absolutely on point. This is what they do. Remember the money is in dollars. the interest no be small money
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by fiverrwin(f): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2014
They are keeping the money for election
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by hollandis(f): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Braggante: Go to any police station, tell them you want to be deported home.
Or pack your bags, go to the immigration office and register your displeasure with the country. Remember to tell them youre a Nigerian. Im sure you will get a free ticket home.
Then come home, dust your cv and join us to vote out PDP next year.
Best of luck!

Well said.I see a lot of so called scholarship people fromNigeria get a CGPA OF 60 percent and below.How dId they ever get the scholarship in the first place.Scholarship is a fraud in Nigeria.They should all go home.QED

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by gabicon: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2014
It is sad that someone associated with crime is given prefrence to law abiding citizens, this shows the kind of society we run.This is just one of our other problems, I remember a year or so ago I watched a video of how 419 started and this story just confirms their claim.
The problem is not a political problem its an institutional/system problem questions need to be answered
Which government agency is responsible for student scholarship?
What are the agreed modalities for meeting up such responsibility?
Have they fulfilled the requirement in meeting their responsibility?
If not what is being done?

I believe we need judiciary autonomy cos the foundation of a good country is the adherence to law and order. Without it we can't grow the political class have infiltrated the justice system and bastardised it thereby creating non confidence in the system. This unfortunate trend has cut across all sectors of public service.

We need a man/woman committed to building institutions and not promise to give us water and roads we ought to have out grown this stages. If the institutions are running on autopilot they basically take care of the results we seek. We will get there
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Braggante(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2014
spiralwedge:

mumu, u think its that simple. I can help you with the statistics of Nigerians languishing in prisons abroad for absolutely nothing. Or check with Senator Abike Dabiri.
Countries listed by the op are extremely racist and crude. They don't easily deport. You may spend your prime years just awaiting deportation. Some died in the process. Or may be you need glasses to read all over again to see that UK, US, Canada, Australia etc were not mentioned.

Please help me with the statistics. U sound like a non-mumu who knows. Did u see me mention those in foreign prisons awaiting deportation?
Oya give me those statistics o! Or else you learn the art of shutting up
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2014
modewap: My sympathy goes to those who get this scholarship on merit, i beg to differ with the OP, the scholarship body is filled with the oga at the top ish, most of the people awarded the scholarship knows or related to one oga at the top who helped them in getting the scholarship, FEW people only get it on merit.

The daughter of the woman incharge of the calling of successful applicant is on the scholarship to serbia, she is my facebook friend.

Another oga in charge of overseas awardee (MRS. ****) all/partially her facebook friends and relatives are on the scholarship. Loads of them(BEA staffs) are like that.

Last Bomb

The scholarship stipends are not paid by the government.

If they(government) have paid BEA, you guys would have gotten paid BECAUSE most of the BEA staffs have their child(s) on the scholarship and they can't hold on to the money/stipends

*more proof coming on that oga at top issue with photo attachment.

well, I know several who are on the scheme on merits. the few u know doesn't justify your assertion. Its normal in a country like ours that slots are reserved for staffs' children, even in religious settings. its pathetic.
And yes, despite having their wards on the scheme, the ogas at the top are lackadaisical in resolving anything, because the truth is that their wards are really not affected. If you read the op's post again, students from poor homes are the ones bearing the brunt.

Last Bomb
There is nothing like BEA staff, but Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) staff.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2014
Braggante:

Please help me with the statistics. U sound like a non-mumu who knows. Did u see me mention those in foreign prisons awaiting deportation?
Oya give me those statistics o! Or else you learn the art of shutting up

u be 1st class mumu. smh
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2014
vikel2104: @mode.wap There is no government-run institution/program that is free from the 'oga at the top' influence. But there are people who got this scholarship on merit and they don't deserve to be treated this way. My former classmate who is very brilliant is on this scholarship in Russia and is facing this situation now. They should be given what is due to them. If the govt cannot maintain the programme, let them scrap it or let them tell everyone that it's only for children and relatives/friends of the rich and 'ogas at the top'

you are so so on point
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by 1stola: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2014
sandrapower:
Sandra power!
Abeg I need some of your power o
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Braggante(m): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2014
spiralwedge:

u be 1st class mumu. smh

Hahaha! You have just proved ure not a man of ur words. Next time, think before u speak. U just threw urself under the bus.

If u expect id reply u with ur entitled insults, nah im too civil for that. Cheers!
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by spiralwedge(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2014
khattab008: It's quite unfortunate, but i thought BEA scholars are jointly sponsored by Nigeria and the host country, is it possible that those countries are also not fulfilling their part of the deal??

But no matter what, the Nigerian government ought to stand up for her citizens.
FT pls, Mods.

host countries take care of school fees, textbooks, in some cases accommodation, skills acquisition, security etc . Dumb Nigeria govt only takes care of feeding and travel tickets.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by trismegistus: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2014
kel4soft: They should learn from Rivers State Sustainable Development overseas Scholarship. They treat their awardees like king and queens and they don't send them to the above mentioned countries. They send them to USA, UK, Canada, Singapore and India.

For where? They owe them money too oh! At least in some of these ones, they can get a permit and work part time.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by rattlesnake(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2014
This is what we voted for so why are we complaining....

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by danchuzzy(m): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2014
olukenzo:

What kind of idiocy of a comment is this? Although, it may appear you have written in a language that bears close semblance to sane-speak, I thoroughly doubt your mental soundness.

and some f00ls are busy liking it? is hatred or joblessness?? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by okotv(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2014
some time i just wonder where we got it all wrong in this country...good ideas spoilt by selfless greedy individuals

infact gej till may 2015

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2014
amNIGERIA: Unfortunate situation indeed. ....

Consider applying for other scholarships.....there universities in Canada, UK, EU, Australia, USA, Japan, New Zealand etc ....that offer scholarship.

If you have gotten BEA scholarship on MERIT, you stand a good chance of winning another scholarship in one of these countries. ....
Try

Scholarships

http://www.Scholarships-Links.com/
what about the years spent in russia?
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2014
You get scholarship that one never do you? You dey find transport fare, feeding allowance, accommodation and so on. Very soon you go begin demand for reading fare, passing fare, fvcking fare, cold weather fare, war fare. Who force you accept scholarship?
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2014
crisycent: You get scholarship that one never do you? You dey find transport fare, feeding allowance, accommodation and so on. Very soon you go begin demand for reading fare, passing fare, fvcking fare, cold weather fare, war fare. Who force you accept scholarship?
Deluded mind.. No wonder the country is 500 years behind

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Godsknight(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2014
crisycent: You get scholarship that one never do you? You dey find transport fare, feeding allowance, accommodation and so on. Very soon you go begin demand for reading fare, passing fare, fvcking fare, cold weather fare, war fare. Who force you accept scholarship?
never expected this comment from u. I thought u were more intelligent than this. What is happening to IQ level these days? U disappointed so much with ur comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) / 8 Operators Of Illegal Universities Being Prosecuted – NUC / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.