Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (27529 Views)

Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2014
crisycent: You get scholarship that one never do you? You dey find transport fare, feeding allowance, accommodation and so on. Very soon you go begin demand for reading fare, passing fare, fvcking fare, cold weather fare, war fare. Who force you accept scholarship?
Look,I don't think the OP means to be ungrateful. The truth is that WHATEVER SHOULD BE DONE SHOULD BE DONE WELL. If the govt gives scholarship, why give it halfway? And if they mean it to be so wretched why not prepare these kids in advance? Let them know the real deal,that there'll be no food and so on. Someone says they should beg, but pls this is a legal system,we shouldn't make it look like a case of 5naira 'dash and be grateful' . Afterall other countries give scolarships but not in this way. We shouldn't cover up inefficiency no matter what. I say if you want to give me a gift ( scolarship) give me a proper gift and give it with all sincerity

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by bigboss80s(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Here we go again. We talk about corruption every single day of our miserable lives yet 160 million human beings with brains in their heads seem helpless to stop it. What a shame.
Corruption in this country called Nigeria has a simple solution. You cannot fight corruption. What you need is to understand it. Why are people corrupt? They are corrupt because they cannot afford the basic things that make life...livable. The car, the good house, childrens school fees, etc. Even on a good salary a Nigerian can not afford these.
What we need...is a CREDIT SYSTEM. Yes, the same one that crashed a few years ago in developed countries. Because even with the so-called recession these countries are doing very well, they already have the infrstructure and it won't take a long time to recover. Nigeria needs a credit system or we might as well forget about stopping corruption.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by conyema12(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2014
This issue reminds me when I was awarded a PTDF local scholarship during my MSc. The scholarship was worth 750K excluding the school fees and a laptop.
One day the PTDF guys came to our school and presented us with a mini laptop and a certificate detailing the modalities on how the payment is to be made and snapped pix with us.
4 months after that we were asked to provide a bank account for the payment. One day they paid 325k.
Till now we have not seen anything.
So the big question is. What happened to the remaining money.

its just so funny.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by ayobase(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2014
obyrich: You are quite on point. That's how they diverted our I.T. money in 2009. Wetin pain me pass be say na for NEPA I do my own wey no pay me shishi.

everybody I knew then got his/hers
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by ayobase(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2014
modewap: My sympathy goes to those who get this scholarship on merit, i beg to differ with the OP, the scholarship body is filled with the oga at the top ish, most of the people awarded the scholarship knows or related to one oga at the top who helped them in getting the scholarship, FEW people only get it on merit.

The daughter of the woman incharge of the calling of successful applicant is on the scholarship to serbia, she is my facebook friend.

Another oga in charge of overseas awardee (MRS. ****) all/partially her facebook friends and relatives are on the scholarship. Loads of them(BEA staffs) are like that.

Last Bomb

The scholarship stipends are not paid by the government.

If they(government) have paid BEA, you guys would have gotten paid BECAUSE most of the BEA staffs have their child(s) on the scholarship and they can't hold on to the money/stipends

*more proof coming on that oga at top issue with photo attachment.

I wanna see pictures pls

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by kel4soft: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2014
trismegistus:

For where? They owe them money too oh! At least in some of these ones, they can get a permit and work part time.

They don't owe like this eight months the OP said, their allowances might be delayed for a month buy get cleared up as soon as the state fund RSSDA. I know a two or three who have benefitted thru this scheme and doing well. Most of them have began given resident permits and refused to come back which has made the state Governor to stop sending students to Canada whom their govt is the worst culprit of retaining our people there.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by guy1234: 10:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Utterly pathetic
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by phayth(f): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2014
It is really sad.The only way u can get d attention of d govt nd everyone is to stage a peaceful protest to d embassy where u would catch d attention of d media to embarass those greedy pple in charge.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by khattab008: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2014
spiralwedge:

host countries take care of school fees, textbooks, in some cases accommodation, skills acquisition, security etc . Dumb Nigeria govt only takes care of feeding and travel tickets.
Ok
e go better.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2014
Ogbeche77: Deluded mind.. No wonder the country is 500 years behind

Dude, you and your entire generation are deluded. I guess you are one of the idiots that got scholarship and never returned to Nigeria.

If you were born and brought up in Nigeria, you should know the government better than this. They never keep promises. If the government can owe pensioners years, who be scholarship student?

If you don't have money to sustain yourself, why would you embark on such a trip?

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2014
Godsknight: never expected this comment from u. I thought u were more intelligent than this. What is happening to IQ level these days? U disappointed so much with ur comment

If you were born and brought up in Nigeria, you should know the government better than this. They never keep promises. If the government can owe pensioners years, who be scholarship student?

If you don't have money to sustain yourself, why would you embark on such a trip? Now whose IQ Level is low? Idiots like you that believe the government or realist like me that sees the future?

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2014
Krystalxxx:
Look,I don't think the OP means to be ungrateful. The truth is that WHATEVER SHOULD BE DONE SHOULD BE DONE WELL. If the govt gives scholarship, why give it halfway? And if they mean it to be so wretched why not prepare these kids in advance? Let them know the real deal,that there'll be no food and so on. Someone says they should beg, but pls this is a legal system,we shouldn't make it look like a case of 5naira 'dash and be grateful' . Afterall other countries give scolarships but not in this way. We shouldn't cover up inefficiency no matter what. I say if you want to give me a gift ( scolarship) give me a proper gift and give it with all sincerity

You are the only reasonable person that quoted me so I will only smile. smiley
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by optimusprime2(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Mumu students... imagine Russia & Ukraine?? why wont they suffer in whack countries...
What stopped them from gaining admissions in better countries which I wont name- whereby
even if the bloody scholarshop schemes were suspended or stalled, such students would have found their lives and simply forgotten about Nigeria... they went to Russia and Ukraine #Laughing in parables
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by switsoda(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
This piece of information is very true, i have a friend who is currently on scholarship to Russia under the Federal Scholarship Board. The last time we discussed, he complained abt the non payment of their allowance since January. He is got no family to help even we the friends has gotten no job after serving this useless country... I know for sure that one day the voice of we the poor will speak out

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by hydeka: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
optimusprime2: Mumu students... imagine Russia & Ukraine?? why wont they suffer in whack countries...
What stopped them from gaining admissions in better countries which I wont name- whereby
even if the bloody scholarshop schemes were suspended or stalled, such students would have found their lives and simply forgotten about Nigeria... they went to Russia and Ukraine #Laughing in parables

They did not choose the countries themselves! or did you hear/read otherwise?

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Pectoris(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
khattab008: It's quite unfortunate, but i thought BEA scholars are jointly sponsored by Nigeria and the host country, is it possible that those countries are also not fulfilling their part of the deal??

But no matter what, the Nigerian government ought to stand up for her citizens.
FT pls, Mods.
The other country takes care of accommodation and school fees while Nigerian govt takes care of their upkeep and stipends. They would have been expelled from school by now if Nigerian govt. would have been responsible for their school fees.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
crisycent:

Dude, you and your entire generation are deluded. I guess you are one of the idiots that got scholarship and never returned to Nigeria.

If you don't have money to sustain yourself, why would you embark on such a trip?
May you never know peace if you quote me again.. I'm not responsible for your failure in life..
This is the result when cretinious person have access to internet.. Omo ale

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by rolabell(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
modewap: My sympathy goes to those who get this scholarship on merit, i beg to differ with the OP, the scholarship body is filled with the oga at the top ish, most of the people awarded the scholarship knows or related to one oga at the top who helped them in getting the scholarship, FEW people only get it on merit.

The daughter of the woman incharge of the calling of successful applicant is on the scholarship to serbia, she is my facebook friend.

Another oga in charge of overseas awardee (MRS. ****) all/partially her facebook friends and relatives are on the scholarship. Loads of them(BEA staffs) are like that.

Last Bomb

The scholarship stipends are not paid by the government.

If they(government) have paid BEA, you guys would have gotten paid BECAUSE most of the BEA staffs have their child(s) on the scholarship and they can't hold on to the money/stipends

*more proof coming on that oga at top issue with photo attachment.
Hmnn....when i read posts like this, i know there is still hope for Nigeria. Ur name must be Solomon, cos u applied wisdom in d analysis. Its true various oga's at the top and Staffs have their wards on that Scheme. So i think the problem has to be solved by knowing the root cause.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by ATDON(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmmm 9ja nwawooo wic kind sufferness be dat
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Samabu07(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Quite difficult to read on an empty stomach. Of all our rights as Nigerians, we must fight tooth and nail to get close to quarter we truly deserve.

Huh, amazing to come from Nigeria.

They can hastily send 30,000 Soldiers for Osun Elections. What about the 200 Missing girls? Few has bombed themselves in Kano locations.

Another stupid excuse to forget the big fight with Boko Haram. Thank you Ebola.

Hell thanks to Boko haram, deluded the entire country not to demand how 2014 Budget is been implemented.

So much of a country. Bunch of cowardice generation!!!
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by code11(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Braggante: Go to any police station, tell them you want to be deported home.
Or pack your bags, go to the immigration office and register your displeasure with the country. Remember to tell them youre a Nigerian. Im sure you will get a free ticket home.
Then come home, dust your cv and join us to vote out PDP next year.
Best of luck!

what a funny suggestion. I don't think pdp is our major problem in this country, our civil service is rotten, often characterised by neglect of duty and email embezzlement of public fund. GEJ can't be everywhere.... most time heinous crimes are committed my ministry secretaries and per secs. though they are not elected {either pdp nor apc} still they slowly destroy our country. we should call for sensitization of the public service work. probably the money has been release a long time ago and one perm sec is using it as investment or one hos just dey sit on top am. Am kind of sure the money was appropriately released in the budget and one govt official is delaying it for personal benefit. there is God oh!!!!
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by sleekcheese: 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nigeria sulks.... I hate this country

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by code11(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Samabu07: Quite difficult to read on an empty stomach. Of all our rights as Nigerians, we must fight tooth and nail to get close to quarter we truly deserve.

Huh, amazing to come from Nigeria.

They can hastily send 30,000 Soldiers for Osun Elections. What about the 200 Missing girls? Few has bombed themselves in Kano locations.

Another stupid excuse to forget the big fight with Boko Haram. Thank you Ebola.

Hell thanks to Boko haram, deluded the entire country not to demand how 2014 Budget is been implemented.

So much of a country. Bunch of cowardice generation!!!

stop making this such a big case, after all most of u guys did not Merritt BEA. Tell us did u not use IM to get it??

mtchew!!!
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by code11(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
sleekcheese: Nigeria sulks.... I hate this country

there is Liberia , Sierra Leone , and Zambia, they will be very happy to have u
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
pendusky:

must you comment? who told you everything in Nigeria is fraud? we can only reminded The highest authority to do something about The situation and not making nuisance comment here. it won't help. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

Y shldn't I comment? Do I need 2seek ur permission 2do so because u'r God or somethng. Pls pockt ur mouth&stop quoting me unnecessarily. Let's call a spade a spade&hit d nail on d head by bn outspoken abt our problms&mak our leaders rule up2 our expectations joor.

Just lik GEJ approved 1.9billion naira 2contain Ebola virus.U'l b surpriced someone somewhere wil use it as an avenue 2enrich demselves not caring abt d masses dat'l b hurt.
#ILoveMyCountryToo

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Samabu07(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
code11:

stop making this such a big case, after all most of u guys did not Merritt BEA. Tell us did u not use IM to get it??

mtchew!!!

You could not see sense in what I pointed out? Damn...you are silly bastard lol. But, do you have any beef with any Nigerian scholars abroad? Bury your beef if you have or had.

For the record, I'm in Abuja...

Wish to see our nation get better. We are draining off.
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Babakenny(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by code11(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Samabu07:

You could not see sense in what I pointed out? Damn...you are silly bastard lol. But, do you have any beef with any Nigerian scholars abroad? Bury your beef if you have or had.

For the record, I'm in Abuja...

Wish to see our nation get better. We are draining off.

lol dude. I also wish our nation well. but you know this is what we get, a vicious circle... corruption going round and round. I don't have any beef with any of the students just that the money anyway them is dame too much and most of them used wayo! to get BEA. so am not so surprised they are harvesting what they planted
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by Samabu07(m): 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
code11:

lol dude. I also wish our nation well. but you know this is what we get, a vicious circle... corruption going round and round. I don't have any beef with any of the students just that the money anyway them is dame too much and most of them used wayo! to get BEA. so am not so surprised they are harvesting
what they planted

That's very possible. We can't over rule all of them getting back-door merit.

Still on that, I believe if given a better education, they would perform incredibly well whether genuinely BEA merit or not.

Peace out. #FGSUCKs
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by crisycent: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ogbeche77: May you never know peace if you quote me again.. I'm not responsible for your failure in life..
This is the result when cretinious person have access to internet.. Omo ale

Grow up dude. Infact GO And DIE
Re: The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David by NickiRoman: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
englishmart: Nigeria is a failed country, no guarantee for a better tomorrow! undecided

At least no usuu/asup strikes Na. LOL cheesy

I remember when my friend studying in Harvard university came back home, we were all surprised.
Guy, "what is the matter?"

The guy said it's ASUU strike o
that was the day we knew he was an undergraduate of UNN .

My dear! Don't let hunger kill u o.
Commence the protest today. undecided
..Why do you lie too muchundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) / 8 Operators Of Illegal Universities Being Prosecuted – NUC / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.