Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King (31492 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by smada13(m): 5:28am On Aug 09, 2014
oh! my darling ikorodu oga, a soko bi eni seke ....

omo imota ayayo........

the truth is this, for them not to have bury him, the traditional rites still stand..

I remembered when my dad's elder brother died..(he was an aro in my village in imota, ikorodu) we spent weeks to bury him...but first, the Muslim clerics came around to perform their rites cus he was an Alhaji....then the oloros and others took over....it was tough and hectic....I and my family only went for the final burial cus of our Christian belief....

Adieu my lovely Ayangburen.......
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by obayaya(m): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2014
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God

3 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by lekkie073(m): 6:15am On Aug 09, 2014
his corpse was prayed upon doesn't mean he will be buried affording to Islamic rites. that he is not yet buried has even nullified the Islamic ideology of burial rites. so ppl should wise up and ......

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Sixix: 6:33am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

Why should an Obas body be taken to a mosque?? It is Oba and not Emir??
Ikorodu is no Muslim emirate where Yoruba traditions aren't regarded.
The Oba is a representative of the kingdom not Islam.
This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice

This is expected only IF the Oba were a practicing MUSLIM, however if he wasn't or did practice both religions together they would not have buried him according to the Islamic rites.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by gunuvi(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2014
all those wahala na waste cos as I am speaking we the olosugbos are now in possession of the corpse and the normal normality is ongoing

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Mustapha111888(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

This is a direct insult to the throne and I urge the afobaje to strictly punish the late Oba by suspending his house from Obaship till further notice
Oba and Emir are tantamount. Just different names base on regions
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Caseless: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2014
onoja12: slave mentality,you are trying to do a Muslim burial for a man that was a traditional rulercant you people think, if the religion was so important,he would have stepped down from the traditional stool to be a Muslim,as long as you refer to him as Oba ,please note that you people just wasted your time his body is traditional right

what are u saying? What has being oba got to do with personal religion? Late ATTAH OF IGALA, Dr Aliyu Obaje, died on the throne and was buried according to islamic rite. Abi ar u saying yoruba ppl uphold that culture than igala pple? Infact, oboni that took over now is a traditionalist and shall b buried according to traditional rites. So wat's d fuse? I'm sure if he was buried according to xtain rite, u'd not hav said this.

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by tundeism: 8:16am On Aug 09, 2014
The Rademo Ruling House actually begged the Olosugbos to respect the wish of the king to allow the Muslims pray on him and it was evident during his life time dat he was a practicing muslim if not the Imam will not pray on him. And that has not in anyway distorted the traditional rite. So stop causing confusion here

6 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by 9jagobetta: 8:37am On Aug 09, 2014
y so much noise over a carcass when d nation is suffering, let the dead bury the dead

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by bobokelly(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Let them do what ever they like with the body, his soul is no more there, that is just an empty.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by ghostofsparta(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2014
eyeview: I give a big kudos to the islamic clerics if this means that the oba was buried according to islamic rites rather than the traditional rites which would have required some fetish practices(that does include human sacrifice).
I also commend the late oba whom am sure insisted that islamic burial be performed for him rather than some crude and wicked traditional burials.
We thank God and I urge other obas who have embraced christianity to insist on a christian burial upon death. Those blood thirsty men would have no option but to respect the wishes of the dead oba. Kudos
[size=18pt]Between those who you consider as blood thirsty in their own tribal lands and those Arabs who you slavishly defend, whose land Islam originated from and whom even CCTN reported yesterday in their news flash as "Obama vows to stop Jihadists caliphate in Iraq and Syria" and "...Arms have destroyed arm threatening Irbil". " In Kirkuk, a strategic oil town in the north, 11 were killed by two car bombs ... " who are truly blood thirsty? [/size]
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2014
person wey don de burn already for hell

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Mustapha111888: Oba and Emir are tantamount. Just different names base on regions
YOU are VERY WRONG . Emir means leader/head and is associated with Arabs. The nothern fulani emirates adopted the emirate system due to d Islamic JIHAD while OUR OBA'S are representatives of YORUBA gods on earth. Alase igbakeji orisa. Dont mis-inform folks out here.

7 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2014
caseless: what are u saying? What has being oba got to do with personal religion? Late ATTAH OF IGALA, Dr Aliyu Obaje, died on the throne and was buried according to islamic rite. Abi ar u saying yoruba ppl uphold that culture than igala pple Infact, oboni dat took over now is a traditionalist n shall b buried accordin 2 traditional rites. So wat's d fuse I'm sure if he was buried accordin to xtain rite, u'd nt hav said this
Pal, All YORUBA OBAS are/will always b buried traditionally.

6 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by deols(f): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2014
Being a Yoruba king is not equal to being a worshipper of Orisha. The Oba was a Muslim and was buried according to Islamic rites. Simples.

MAY Allah forgive his sins and grant him jannah. May the Queen live long.

May Allah bless the Kingdom and Nigeria at large.

4 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by deols(f): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2014
kushstalin: person wey don de burn already for hell

Not everyone is hell bound like you are. E-diot

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 09, 2014
forgive which sin?
immediately after death is judgement no mercy. If he died in his sin then he is already burning in hades now...
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by wag008(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Op,who told you the traditional rites won't still be performed on the corpse? The bringing of the corpse to the mosque is just an hypocrisy on the part of the oba's family..Obas in yorubaland goes beyond being affiliated to a certain religion,without being subjected to the traditional rite of the land..either the family likes it,or not,the rite would still be performed.
Yomieluv: Op,who told you the traditional rites won't still be performed on the corpse? The bringing of the corpse to the mosque is just an hypocrisy on the part of the oba's family..Obas in yorubaland goes beyond being affiliated to a certain religion,without being subjected to the traditional rite of the land..either the family likes it,or not,the rite would still be performed.
you are right, after the praying, the traditionalist collected him from the Muslims and did the necessary things to bury an Oba
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by puscifer: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

can you differentiate between emir and oba ?
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by numericalguy(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2014
macof:

hahaha.

sorry dude, there wont be seven human heads for you to bury the late Oba with. This Oba was a Muslim and such evil and barbaric acts will not reign even after his death.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by numericalguy(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2014
onoja12: slave mentality,you are trying to do a Muslim burial for a man that was a traditional ruler,cant you people think,if the religion was so important,he would have stepped down from the traditional stool to be a Muslim,as long as you refer to him as Oba,please note that you people just wasted your time his body is traditional right

You are a correct olodo
You can be a good Muslim and still be an Oba.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Abdul0709(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2014
macof: What a pity sad
What were the Afobaje chiefs doing when they let this sacrilege?
grin grin
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by cosade(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2014
puscifer: can you differentiate between emir and oba ?

An Oba is a traditional ruler while an Emir is an Islamic leader. The Sultan is the paramount Emir in Nigeria and thus the foremost Islam leader in the country. That is the reason why the Muslim populace have to rely on him to announce sighting of moon either to commence or end the Ramadaan. Unlike an Oba who is regarded as next to the gods, he is part of the traditional religion set up. The traditional religion worshippers are the Ogun, Sango,Osun devouts.

The truth is if you're either a Muslim or Christian then you don't have any business being an Oba in Yorubaland and in Edo and Delta States. I am sure you'll recall the recent case of the Olu of Warri. If you become converted to Christianity as an Oba then the most logical thing to do is abdicate the throne. I laugh when I see arrays of Obas at the Holy Ghost Service.

It may interest you to know that I am a Yoruba Prince but has never aspire to be an Oba because I am a Christian.

9 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2014
cosade:
An Oba is a traditional ruler while an Emir is an Islamic leader. The Sultan is the paramount Emir in Nigeria and thus the foremost Islam leader in the country. That is the reason why the Muslim populace have to rely on him to announce sighting of moon either to commence or end the Ramadaan. Unlike an Oba who is regarded as next to the gods, he is part of the traditional religion set up. The traditional religion worshippers are the Ogun, Sango,Osun devouts.
The truth is if you're either a Muslim or Christian then you don't have any business being an Oba in Yorubaland and in Edo and Delta States. I am sure you'll recall the recent case of the Olu of Warri. If you become converted to Christian as an Oba then the most logical thing to do is abdicate the throne. I laugh when I see arrays of Obas at the Holy Ghost Service.
It may interest you to know that I am a Yoruba Prince but has never aspire to be an Oba because I am a Christian.

Nice right up.

@ bolded, that is foolish. Why would you want to worship a dead corpse over the Orisha (Spiritual Force).

Check out threads by macof, FOLYKASE,etc ., to learn more about Ifa Orisha.

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2014
[size=28pt]MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS HAVE NO BUSINESS BECOMING OBA!

THE KINGS OF THE YORUBA NATIONS MUST ALLWAYS BE PAGANS.

THIS SHOULD BE MADE A COMPULSORY RULE.

OF WHAT USE IS A TRADITIONAL RULER WHO CANT UPHOLD AND FULFILL TRADITION?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by YOMZE(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2014
masterpix: When did muslem started puting corpse in coffie?.is sultan aware of this
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by maryhaam(f): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2014
masterpix: When did muslem started puting corpse in coffie?.is sultan aware of this
they put in the coffin cause it been carry arround,like mosque,some pple can't sight the presence of a corpse,but will be removed before entering the grave.
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by aitanofi(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2014
smada13: oh! my darling ikorodu oga, a soko bi eni seke ....

omo imota ayayo........

the truth is this, for them not to have bury him, the traditional rites still stand..

I remembered when my dad's elder brother died..(he was an aro in my village in imota, ikorodu) we spent weeks to bury him...but first, the Muslim clerics came around to perform their rites cus he was an Alhaji....then the oloros and others took over....it was tough and hectic....I and my family only went for the final burial cus of our Christian belief....

Adieu my lovely Ayangburen.......
omo imota ayayo, AIT says 'Hi'

1 Like

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2014
[size=70pt] But Muslims bury people with mat [/size]
Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by amodu(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mushood: nairaland is just my favourite site jare

Same here too

2 Likes

Re: History Made In Ikorodu As Solat Was Observed On Their Late King by chloride6: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
ghostofsparta:

see this bas.tards encroaching on our culture.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? / Ogun Eyonu Awon Agba Todaju / Muslims And Egungun Masquerade Clash In Osogbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.