Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Trip Down Memory Lane - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Trip Down Memory Lane (5103 Views)

Which Old Themed Nollywood Movie Can You Remember? - Memory Lane / A Trip Down Memory Lane, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
It’s so funny to see my nieces (9 and 11) going gaga over the Telenovelas, they always want to keep me updated on Lorenzo’s wife, not just that. . . They get into argument on which of the pretty girls they are (don’t ask me) and to top it all, I have to pretend like I’m interested you know…mouthing the usual

“Whoa”
“No way!”
“She did not!” a
Sometimes, I throw in the occasional “Oooh I can’t wait for the next episode” .

Of course my sister. . . Their mom, knows I’m only pretending coz she did the exact same thing when I went through my Mexican Telenovela (it’s starting to look like a bad circle isn’t it?)

Anyway, it got me thinking about the Telenovelas of way back when and I decided to look them up. . . All I can say is 1) Thank God for Youtube and 2) How the heck did sit through 5 mins of this

Let’s go down memory lanes shall we and please, feel free to share how your family used to drop everything at 8:30 every Sunday just to catch up on Rose’s wild adventures or what will make Raquel cry today . . .Gah! She was always crying over something! Jeebus! Can they come any weepier than her? Ahh, No!

All aboard the ol’ time machine, we are going back to 1996. . . Right?

First Stop the tomboy who found love -  Rosa Salvaje aka Wild Rose (Veronica Castro)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVlLVYDDm4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2008
Poor Girl finds love in Los Ricos También Lloran aka The Rich Also Cry (Veronica Castro)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNIUEPThAZs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2008
Crybaby finds love in Tu o Nadia - No one but you (Lucia Mendez)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOCq5FjJrPA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2008
Okay I can’t remember who the heck found love in this one - Mulheres de Areia aka Secrets of the Sand (Women of the sand)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4qu4FYpK0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

I can't find Lady of the Rose anywhere. . . was it Mexican or Brazilian, anyone know?
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by tpia: 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by sophienwa(f): 12:43am On Oct 18, 2008
that gave me a feeling of nostalgia.can't believe i almost started crying. how obsessed were we with those programmes and thefunny thing is i knew those tunes so well and if i happened 2 b anywhere other than in the house and i heard the tune, the kain race wey i dey run reach house no dey get part 2. oh how i miss those days.i think lady of d rose had a xter in it called gabrielle swanson and had to do with her changing her identity to take out revenge on a guy and she ended up falling in love with him(can't remember now).

there was this brazillian one as well called isaura the slave girl about a white girl who was a slave on a plantation etc. and how can i forget maria de los angeles and her love interest Jorge de la Rosa, her evil aunt Orquidea Cordoba Escalante, cousin Alba Griselda and other xters Radames Basanta,Rogelio Vargas.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by doyin13(m): 12:59am On Oct 18, 2008
Who remembers Isaura. . . .a Brazillian one that used to come up on Channel 5?

Someone should arrest the person responsible for bringing Rich Also Cry to our screens.

1 Like

Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 1:00am On Oct 18, 2008
tpia:

Raquel stole Rachel's rich and handsome but slow fiance in Secrets of the sand.

Wild Rose is a Mexican soap. (not sure if Lady of the Rose is the same as Wild Rose).

I think I remember Secrets of the Sands now. . . the were twins right? Yeah I remember and the slow fiance's name was Abula or something coz I remember that reigned as an insult for awhile. Oh man! Those were them days.

Thanks!

sophienwa:

that gave me a feeling of nostalgia.can't believe i am almost crying. how obsessed were we with those programmes and the funny thing is i knew those tunes so well and if i happened 2 b anywhere other than in the house and i heard the tune, the kain race wey i dey run reach house no dey get part 2. oh how i miss those days.i think lady of d rose had a xter in it called gabrielle swanson and had to do with her changing her identity to take out revenge on a guy and she ended up falling in love with him(can't remember now).

there was this brazillian one as well called isaura the slave girl about a white girl who was a slave on a plantation etc. and how can i forget maria de los angeles and her love interest Jorge de la Rosa, her evil aunt Orquidea Cordoba Escalante, cousin Alba Griselda and other xters Radames Basanta,Rogelio Vargas.

Obsessed. . . understatement! I used to to count down the hours and will watch it back to back, you know they used to show it on different stations. As one is ending, another begins. Will be singing corason, ma re ra corason, corason, me re ra corason. . . like I knew what the heck it meant! cheesy cheesy

Thanks for the Gabrielle Swanson tip. . . yeah, she went to jail because of him, no? Now it's all coming back. . . I'll see of I can find it.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by doyin13(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2008
That Secrets of the Sound jingle was the best though.

Nostalgique. . . . sad sad sad
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 1:04am On Oct 18, 2008
doyin13:

Someone should arrest the person responsible for bringing Rich Also Cry to our screens.

Bwahahaha! I was getting to that. Seriously, they subjected us to THAT. . . were they trying to say we couldn't do better? Our CHECKMATE and BEHIND THE CLOUDS were light years ahead of that crap and we didn't have to pretend like their mouths matched the words we heard.

Gah! angry angry

Okay, the light years was pushing it but you get my drift.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 1:07am On Oct 18, 2008
Noooo! The No One But You Theme was the bestest!!

Corason me re ra corason
Corason me re ra corason

Don't try me ooh!
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 1:40am On Oct 18, 2008
Escrava Isaura

Apparently there are two of ‘em. One from 1976 and a 2004 remake. Never saw it, so I don't know which one you guys want. . . 

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUlgBI9qew&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Okay, why does it sound like a Salawa and Kollington duet? cheesy

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ilQg3CdY8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Much Better

Still can't find my Lady of The Rose sad
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 18, 2008
Lol, Sisikill, the animation's hilarious  grin "No one but you's" theme song was the best. Who remembers "Maria de los angeles",I don't know if that's the right spelling. Jeez I was crazy about them, still crazy though tongue
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 18, 2008
Lol, someone's already mentioned Maria de los angeles cheesy
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 2:12am On Oct 18, 2008
Loved Maries Des Los Angeles

Had a crush on that brute Jorge for a while.  tongue

Secret Of The Sand was another great one
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 2:23am On Oct 18, 2008
I wished them all to the end cept for the Brazilian one called "The Miser", I'm sure that wasnt the title but that's what we called it. The guy was so ridiculously frugal  grin

The best ones were Maries Des Angeles, Secrets Of The sands and no one but you.

Only thing that made The Rich Also Cry midly interesting was the fact that the story included a "winch" tongue
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by sophienwa(f): 2:29am On Oct 18, 2008
the isaura they showed in naija is the 1976 one caused it was aired in the early 90s.
KarmaMod:

Loved Maries Des Los Angeles

Had a crush on that brute Jorge for a while.  tongue

Secret Of The Sand was another great one
you weren't alone oh. i had a massive crush on jorge de la rosa myself, how embarrassing it is 4 me to say that now embarassed.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by A40(m): 2:46am On Oct 18, 2008
doyin13:

Lol the slave-girl i can't forget that one i no dey miss the Intro with that funny ass song Yele lele lele lele lele with some dude singing Portuguese in the background

Secrets of the Sand (those brazillian soaps where the shiznit)

Andres Garcia and the rest
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 2:48am On Oct 18, 2008
For your viewing pleasure!!

Maria de los Angeles

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oHjnf3-1BE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDadslmtSWE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

What was she. . . like 12

So which guy did you ladies have a crush on?

Spill!!!
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Sisikill: 2:52am On Oct 18, 2008
stillwater:

Lol, Sisikill, the animation's hilarious grin "No one but you's" theme song was the best. Who remembers "Maria de los angeles",I don't know if that's the right spelling. Jeez I was crazy about them, still crazy though tongue

That Animation? She's got nothing on me. . . you should see me going at it with my soap mike in the shower. I have an orchestra going. grin grin
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2008

tongue
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 3:41am On Oct 18, 2008
That is definitely NOT the Maria Des Angeles I know.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 18, 2008
Karma, who's the Marcelo Cezan guy? That is what I call HOT kiss
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 18, 2008
Gosh that's jorge? Boy, was I in loveeeeeeeeeeeee then? cheesy
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by sophienwa(f): 11:44am On Oct 18, 2008
it is either my memory is sooo bad or that is not the same maria de los angeles they showed in naija; even the tune is not in the least bit familiar and believe me i should remember.
by the way, was there a mr donato in the secrets of the sand who was very mean to the retarded guy or did i make it up.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2008
Yeah that's not maria de los angeles. I searched Youtube, I couldn't find it either. And no you didn' make Mr. Donato up. grin
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by Gamine(f): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2008
Yo!

i hated most of the soaps.

i could only stand No one but you and Lady of the Rose

The Rich also Cry was a great background for my comics

back in primary school.

Kai! these programmes caused huge fights, Broke hearts, Destroyed friendships!!!

amazin
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2008
The retarded guy was hilarious. Mr Donatoooooooo, can I wear your robe? grin

That's Jorge still smiley
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by BabyJinx: 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2008
The guy is a'ight, not loin quivering. . . but a'ight none the less! grin

I still can't find Lady of the Rose!!
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by KarmaMod(f): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2008
sisi what happened
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by BabyJinx: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2008
Lmao! All sorts of Osirisiri. . .Suffice it to say, I thot I was dealing with an adult. Imagine my surprise when I found out. . .  lipsrsealed.  I swear I can't fit laugh, cheesy cheesy I mean I had heard the talks you know, that if you don't kowtow or check your brain at the door, then is out in the freezing cold for ya but I chose to give a certain someone the benefit of doubt and this was my prize. . .

Tee hee hee hee  grin
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane by BabyJinx: 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2008

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Best Movies Of 2016 So Far / How Many Telenovela/mexican Film Have You Watched? / 8 TV Stations In Nigeria That Broadcast Annoying And Boring Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.