Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich (1368 Views)

Pictures Of Amazon Tribes Who Live In The Forest For 600 Years. They're Unclad. / “those Who Live In Glass Houses Do Not Throw Stones” – Babangida Tells Buhari / Bala Mohammed Jnr's very Rich Garage. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich by Chinum: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
#inquote#

My white friend keeps complaining of Nigerian men asking her for help to get out of 9ja, she said some of us startsconfessing love and proposing marriage as soon as she accepts their request.

She asked me, ''Lucky, why are Nigerian men so desperate?''
I believe she isnt the only one experiencing such....

Its funny that we complain about our country, how bad it is, how things isnt moving well and waiting for the government to fix it while we as citizens are busy spoiling the image of 9ja to those outside.
Most people abroad believe all what a Nigerian man wants is green card, even we Nigerians believe a Nigerian man can not fall inlove with a white lady except he wants a green card....smh

Do you know what other countries think of us? We are simply gold diggers...... all I see on the internet is ''beware of Nigerian men claiming to love you. They want green card''........ see how we spoil our image every more? The other lady replied, ''I dont give no shyt about Nigerian men, I see their request and block them immediately''

Are we the only country in Africa? some of us go into their inbox telling them we do not have money to pay for our school fees, begging them to send you money.... its just a shame........... why would you think someone who doesnt know you will send you money just like that? oh, because you are in Africa they should pity you like they do not have their own problem?
The worst part is, they believe all Nigerians are hungry and desperate.

The other day, a wedding pic of a Nigerian an and American was posted on essence.com and all the comments read, ''green card. soon he will leave your sorry a$$'' smh.................... you see what the info we are passing to people outside Nigeria?
You see how some of you are busy spoiling the image of Nigeria even more? Asking a white lady for a relationship because you think she's the one that will lift you from poverty.

I was dating a white lady sometime last three years from Singapore living in Europe (Some of you know her) and I remember how most of my fb friends came to my inbox advising me not to ''fall my hand''(as in, I should do sharply and get over there) some were asking me to get them dollars...... and I felt bad..

You see a Nigerian man with a white woman and you automatically believe he is with her because of money or green card? Who told you Nigerian men cant love a white woman unconditionally? Who told you all whites are rich? wetin dey get wen I no get? una just dey lower una sef...The truth is some of them are poorer than us, some of them are suffering. Some of them cant feed..... Remember the musical video of Alicia Keys talking about how she used to eat rice and oil? (Cant remember the title)

Well, I blame the media for making us believe every white man or any one living outside Nigeria has money...........thats why when most of our brothers travel abroad we expect them to start sending money like they are going to plug it..smh

We keep complaining to the world how bad our country is and I wonder if its only 9ja that have problem... you think the nation Ghana is better than 9ja? you think they dont have problems too? They do but you will never see or hear them condemning their country on social media, you will never see them insulting their president on social media...... You can hardly see a Ghanian begging a white woman for money on social networks.

Go to Liberia, Togo etc... you will notice Nigeria is much more developed than their country.... how many of them have you heard or seen complaining on social media? I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULDNT COMPLAIN but inboxing a white lady telling her how bad our country just to convince her to help you without pointing out the good things in our country is so wrong.

People outside our country see us as desperate. They believe a Nigerian man will do everything possible to get a green passport .....and its very true... But if you have intention in leaving 9ja, please do not spoil the image of this country or those in it..

Stop confessing love or proposing marriage to people you are just meeting for the first time on facebook... Whites are no fools. and stop bad mouthing our country on social media abeg....

Nigerians are good loving people..... but the only way to let those foreigners know that we are good people is by showing them...

RESPECT OUR NATION....
Re: Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich by Papertrail11(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
oga tell dem ohh......cos all dese nigerian yoyth dont wanna work dey wanna get monetblike davido and wizkid yake selfie condem pplebon social media stalkn and so so son...

bro can u believ I was watching channels y.day and saw nigerians making socks, candales and chalks and makin it big like producing 500pieces of chalk under 10mins and making big money....
dem neva see anything....pple living wif miapalced priorities buying ordinary hair for 15k even 9k...dey are the same pple gonna be beggn u for food l8tr

1 Like

Re: Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich by amnestylaw1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thank you OP for this post. I am married to a white woman and we have a cute boy who is now almost two years old. When we met, most of my Naija friends were advising me to (as you put it above) "no fall their hand." Maybe I am not as smart as them, maybe I am just being too honest, I fell their hand and stuck to my woman not because of money, but because we love each other madly. You see, every now and then, I get messages from folks in Naija asking me to parcel euro to them as if I don't have a family that understands the function of euros. Even here in Bratislava, there are few whites who think blacks "hunt" for their girls just to get residence permits.

Last week or so, while walking my dog, I met one of my friends- an old woman who smokes like hell. In our usual 3 to 5 minutes conversation in Slovak language, she asked me whether I have a wife in Nigeria. She was a bit reluctant to believe that I have just only the Slovak woman for a wife. She concluded by saying, "anyway, many men from your country have wives at home and they come here and other parts of Europe to marry our women just to get their stay legalised. Sometimes, the European wife never finds out until after divorce or when the man runs away after getting what he wants, other times."

And yes, you are correct that most of our people think that whites are better than us. My experience so far has taught me that Nigerians are richer than most whites and even the rich whites (of course not the super rich) don't spend money the way we do. I have seen so many blacks (Nigerians especially) who don't have correct papers to reside here, work and spend all what they make at Nightclubs. You see them live larger than life even when they couldn't afford it. These send the wrong message about us to others. Pictures from such people, when they get home to Nigeria, make those at home abroad-sick and want to come experience the "heaven on earth" here.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Live Abroad Are Very Rich by sova(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
true yan

(1) (Reply)

TB JOSHUA - Why I Don't Have Church Branches Everywhere / 2015 presidential race: Cold war in APC, Buhari rebuffs younger aspirants / . ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.