Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) President Resigns - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) President Resigns (959 Views)

A Trouble With The Health Sector: Nma Vs Johesu / NMA Strike; Doctors Are Wicked!!! (must Read) / Nigeria Medical Association Begins Indefinite Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) President Resigns by talk2smat(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
In an official letter published today, Dr. Kayode Obembe, President of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), resigned from his post. Crisis within the organization regarding whether or not their current strike would end in face of the Ebola outbreak and insurgency attacks is purported to be the cause.

I want to make it categorically clear that I stand by every letter of the document I signed - "that the strike was suspended". Since upon my integrity and honour, I cannot continue to drive the doctrine that the strike continues," Dr. Obembe wrote. "What I have written, I have written," he stated.

After an extended delegates' meeting yesterday, the country's foremost medical doctors' union decided to continue their strike, despite a voice vote to call it off. Voice votes are not recognized by NMA's constitution. A legitimate vote called for a continuation of the strike.

Credit:http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/08/leader-nigerian-medical-association-resigns
Re: Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) President Resigns by Butoneday2(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
shocked grin grin cheesy grin THE FEAR OF EBOLA.

(1) (Reply)

Allen Iverson, Former NBA Wealthy Star, Now A Pauper Begging For $1 On The Stree / The Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Spotted Again Boarding A Private Jet / Scammers Now Using Nairaland As Ther Source - See Picture Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.