Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

International Driving Permit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / International Driving Permit (4124 Views)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / New Tinted Permit / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Driving Permit by olabukola: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please I am planning of coming to Nigeria in a weeks time and my Nigerian driving license expired in April. Now it's takes ages to get the new driving license and am staying for couple of weeks. I am thinking of getting international permit from here but want to confirm if it is allowed in Nigeria.

Please I need an urgent info guys.
Re: International Driving Permit by JW214: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
It is better you get to Nigeria, pay for a DL renewal which I think costs less than 9k, get your receipt and photocopy of all forms filled, with that, you can drive anywhere without any fear.

Driving with an International DL in Nigeria is like opening yourself to a risk of our MIB(Police) questioning you and the authenticity of the document.

My experience:

I bought a Laptop on Amazon sometime, later took it to Naija, I was stopped by a police around Makinde, Mafoluku area of Oshodi while looking for Diamond Bank who asked for the receipt of the Laptop, I was able to show him the invoice that came with the delivery of the item when I bought it on Amazon, the Police officer said it was fake because it wasn't written with a ball pen ink and it wasn't signed by the buyer and seller, above all, he said "You wan dey show say you be Londoner abi"?

So, forget International DL, else you will end up paying for what you didn't buy

1 Like

Re: International Driving Permit by Nixon55(m): 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
@Op, please follow JW214's advice. When you are in Nigeria, go to the renewal center depending on the state it could be FRSC office or Motor Vehicle Licensing office,
Pay for the new licence and after filling all the form and doing the Biometrics they will print the Temp licence for you immediately which is valid for at least 2 months until the original comes out. If you will leave the country before the original is out, write an authorization letter and sign it allowing one of your folks to pick up the licence for you when it is ready.
Re: International Driving Permit by olabukola: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ok thanks guys for the info, I will be in Lagos for two or three days then travel out of Lagos to Ibadan for couple of weeks and back to Lagos again before I fly back. So where is the office in Lagos I can do this and do they open on Saturday? Cos my arrival is on Friday evening.
Re: International Driving Permit by Lexusgs430: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
I travel to Nigeria for short periods. I mainly drive in Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Kaduna and Ibadan. I only drive with my UK driving licence.
All other vehicle documents are in order.
NB: I have had encounters with Nigerian Police, Road Safety and do cannot remember what other arm (just under Ikeja Bridge flyover)
Presented my Driving licence to all, and they have had no issues with it.
Re: International Driving Permit by olabukola: 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lexusgs430: I travel to Nigeria for short periods. I mainly drive in Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Kaduna and Ibadan. I only drive with my UK driving licence.
All other vehicle documents are in order.
NB: I have had encounters with Nigerian Police, Road Safety and do cannot remember what other arm (just under Ikeja Bridge flyover)
Presented my Driving licence to all, and they have had no issues with it.
Please when was this. I checked FRCN website yesterday but could not find any info regarding IDP.
Re: International Driving Permit by Lexusgs430: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
olabukola: Please when was this. I checked FRCN website yesterday but could not find any info regarding IDP.

My last trip to Nigeria was about 6 weeks ago.
Re: International Driving Permit by jukeblam(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2015
Bump.

So, has anyone used the blue plastic IDP issued by FRSC to hire a car in the U.S with ease?
Re: International Driving Permit by Ezylinkage: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
What Is International Driving Permit?
An IDP is a document that allows an individual to drive a private vehicle in another country; it is slightly larger than a standard passport and it is complete with one’s photographs and other statistical data.

Where can I obtain IDP?
Before you can obtain a valid IDP in Nigeria you MUST also have your local driving license issued by the Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) first before you can get your International Permit.

How long does it take?
The International Driving Permit takes 2 to 3 working days

What are the requirements?
Photocopy of International Passport
Photocopy of National Driving license
2 Passport photo

How long does it takes before it expire?
You can request for an International Driving license in Nigeria that is for one year to three years, you will have to pay more if you want to have the expiration longer than a year.
One year License
Two year License
Three year License

Which country can I Use the IDP?
The IDP is recognized in Maryland, Washington DC and California in the U.S. as well as Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, Poland, Spain, Austria and Sweden in Europe.

Having an IDP is a great advantage when you are working overseas as it can help you find a job as a Professional Driver or simply use it for personal convenience.

For enquiry or if you want to get a valid International Driving license in Nigeria, at cheaper price and free home delivery.
+2348032285161, +2348092566361
Info.ezylinked@gmail.com
Info@ezylinkage.com

(1) (Reply)

Advice Please - What Is The Actual Cost Of A Kia Rio Engine / How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? / Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.