Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server (702 Views)

Has Anyone Been Able Upload A Joomla Site Through Filezilla? / How Do I Use Webmail Or Horde Or Squirellmail Mail On My Joomla Site / What Cool Joomla Site(s) Have You Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server by highup: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2014
hello webmasters,
kindly help me with detailed guide on how to move my site from local host to live server. Am a newbie in joomla matters but i just finished designing a site using local host and my enquiries has shown that:
1) I need a domain & hosting act-already in place
2) I need ftp client prog.-already have file zilla
3) That i need to upload the files,Export database and configure php
MY ISSUES

A)Do i need to install joomla thru the cpanel before i can copy the files and database from the local host?If yes, how?
B) Do i need to create ftp acct in the cpanel b4 i can connect to the ftp client on my pc
c) I will appreciate a step by step guided on the whole process.

Am counting on you to cross this hurdles

Thanks.
Re: Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server by IamGodzilla: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Design Powerful Websites In Less Than 2 Hours For N3,500 / Domain Name And Web Hosting. Can I? / Hw Can I Rescue Myself From "Utiware Hosting" For My Client's Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.