Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends (2849 Views)

Problems Only Introverts Will Understand / What Do You Do If You Have No Friends And Nl Sucks? / How Do You Spend Your Weekend Or Free Times If You Have No Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
So i just asked myself..i'm i the only one in this situation? Today's Saturday and most people are hanging out with friends and having a fun filled day and here i am wondering why i have no one to hang out with even when i find myself in the midst of people, i find it very hard to mingle, i become instantly shy and tongue tied. Its really frustrating...so i ask...are there any introverts like me on NL and how do you manage life as an introvert. I'd love to have replies from my fellow girls also
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Tallesty1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hahahahahaha........ You are not alone dear.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Ugojames(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
It really is quite common, just try and do something different more regularly, for example say hi to the first person u see on ur way out to work or anywhere and try to startup a convo, it doesn't need to be a spectacular topic just something that can easily extend to other topics eg weather, sports, Ebola etc.
I know you said ur shy but the more u try sis the more comfortable u get doing it more regularly.
Good luck wink
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ugojames: It really is quite common, just try and do something different more regularly, for example say hi to the first person u see on ur way out to work or anywhere and try to startup a convo, it doesn't need to be a spectacular topic just something that can easily extend to other topics eg weather, sports, Ebola etc.
I know you said ur shy but the more u try sis the more comfortable u get doing it more regularly.
Good luck wink
thanks dear...buh u knw starting up a conversation is not as easy as it seems especially for my kind..lol
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Ugojames(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
mimiy05:
thanks dear...buh u knw starting up a conversation is not as easy as it seems especially for my kind..lol

Like I said practice makes perfect, even if u make mistakes on the first try u can correct ur self d next day.
PS: we are talking ryt now aren't we?
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ugojames:

Like I said practice makes perfect, even if u make mistakes on the first try u can correct ur self d next day.
lol..yes we are..tnks again
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Ugojames:

lol..yes we are
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
mimiy05: So i just asked myself..i'm i the only one in this situation? Today's Saturday and most people are hanging out with friends and having a fun filled day and here i am wondering why i have no one to hang out with even when i find myself in the midst of people, i find it very hard to mingle, i become instantly shy and tongue tied. Its really frustrating...so i ask...are there any introverts like me on NL and how do you manage life as an introvert. I'd love to have replies from my fellow girls also
Its not easy, sometimes people bore me, and d few friends i have call me 'scammer' i most times don't show up for outings. I guess they are used to me now..... I hope so.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by itsmine: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mimiy, I can assure u over 80% of NL members (my humble self inclusive) are of your class, forget all d braggings. dat's why u see them glued to d forum, at least what they can't do physically they do mentally. Online involvemt provides better accommodation. d emotional stress of trying to be like others, I mean extroverts, might be more than d likely reward, I know frm experience. Just try to be yourself.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Hussyk: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2014
drop ya number make we holla you.....how can u be an introvert ?
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Hussyk: drop ya number make we holla you.....how can u be an introvert ?
lol..u don see am na
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by kilimanjaro(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2014
itsmine: Mimiy, I can assure u over 80% of NL members (my humble self inclusive) are of your class, forget all d braggings. dat's why u see them glued to d forum, at least what they can't do physically they do mentally. Online involvemt provides better accommodation. d emotional stress of trying to be like others, I mean extroverts, might be more than d likely reward, I know frm experience. Just try to be yourself.
Yeah, 99.9% of regular posters on this forum are introverts.
@Op, no be by force to talk to people, if you don't feel comfortable chatting people's up offline, we are always here for you.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Hussyk: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
well, op.....it is wat it is, u are not alone, i am an inntrovert. i talk onli when necessary, i so dislike lousy peeps. as an introvert, u suffer much when you are nt imaginative and intelligent.
for a lady, its undastandable....but for guys, who go toast for u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. d koko is just to embrace d person we are and learn to develop our strength.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
When I got to Nairaland...I was a complete Intorvert but Now I'v graduated to partial introvert
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
shegxi: well, op.....it is wat it is, u are not alone, i am an inntrovert. i talk onli when necessary, i so dislike lousy peeps. as an introvert, u suffer much when you are nt imaginative and intelligent.
for a lady, its undastandable....but for guys, who go toast for u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. d koko is just to embrace d person we are and learn to develop our strength.
lol...thtz if dey see me to toast na
Divepen: When I got to Nairaland...I was a complete Intorvert but Now I'v graduated to partial introvert
lol..really..how did u do it?
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Youngsage: 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=mimiy05] lol...thtz if dey see me to toast na

see u, dn't u go out at all ni? if a dude like u, forget it. even if u have bodyguards, he will still find a way to get across to you.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Divepen: When I got to Nairaland...I was a complete Intorvert but Now I'v graduated to partial introvert
are u sure? y do u tink so?
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Hussyk: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
sebi i say make una holla me now.....buh seriously mehn thats how you break that introvert jinx. u start by talking chances on wrong people till you boost your self confidence. had a babe like dat before.....i noticed she wants to relate with pple atimes buh feels insecure. she talks to ne alone and just a gf..."as in...can u imagine" ? just talk to pple ...its gonna be hard....u may even regret doing it....but lata u will see ur already an extrovert before u realise and can now selectively choose your friends. anyways uno mail me...bae i dey para gan grin
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 13, 2014
mimiy05: lol...thtz if dey see me to toast na

lol..really..how did u do it?
I started by opening a Bible competition where I was able to build a E-family...Many of whom I now ave their contact outside the forum...
Then I started chatting once in a while in some thread...That as helped me whenever I'm in the midst of ppl
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
mimiy05:
lol..u don see am na
enjoying d diary ma'am.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by mimiy05: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2014
shegxi: enjoying d diary ma'am.
thanks dear
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Stephxoblessed(f): 1:19am On Sep 04, 2014
xo simple.i stick to my laptop,when d battery runs down,i swap to my phone and when dat one goes down...........my books all the way.Never had a boring weekend.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 1:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Stephxoblessed: xo simple.i stick to my laptop,when d battery runs down,i swap to my phone and when dat one goes down...........my books all the way.Never had a boring weekend.
i shld guess u love routine den......dn't u sometimes wish u culd get out of dat cycle?
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Freiburger(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Not being able to relate with most of the people you come across is not always a negative attribute as you may be seeing it, it has much to do with with your personal interests.

I won't be doing everything I can to get close to people whom I'm convinced I don't share common goals with, all in the name of having friends.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Stephxoblessed(f): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
shegxi: i shld guess u love routine den......dn't u sometimes wish u culd get out of dat cycle?
no i dont
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Stephxoblessed:
no i dont
hmmmmmn! I envy u.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Op, I read your dairy and I just want to say; what you did or doing to your bf is wrong. it will end in only one way; regret. No body can make you cheat on your partner if you dont want to; there is nothing like he pushed me away. sit down and talk with him, there are better and more honorable ways to resolve relationship issues than cheating. a friendly advice... this will only end in one way; sorrow, if you dont cut ties with the other person and make your relatinoship work,or break up with your partner and be with the other person. you cant eat your cake and have it.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
I am also an introvert i don't find it difficult to make friends but maintaining the friendship is the problem. People usually tag me as "too proud n like forming" cos i don't go out/associate with them. I don't like people that talk too much, lol..
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by shegxi(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
deb6: I am also an introvert i don't find it difficult to make friends but maintaining the friendship is the problem. People usually tag me as "too proud n like forming" cos i don't go out/associate with them. I don't like people that talk too much, lol..
introvert or nt......som people are actually proud. D irony is a proud person doesn't knw dat hw/she has pride.
Re: The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
shegxi: introvert or nt......som people are actually proud. D irony is a proud person doesn't knw dat hw/she has pride.
Yeah u are right, but my case is different o..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Turns Keke Napep Into A Jeep [PHOTO] / Prepaid Meter From Ikeja Electric Displays Error: Help / Any Nyben In Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.