Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out (4887 Views)

Ebola: Why Patrick Sawyer Travelled To Nigeria – Wife / Patrick Sawyer's Cousin Speaks Out [exclusive Pics] / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by olokfor: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Obi Justina Ejelonu is from Mbaise in Imo State, a graduate of Ebonyi State University Abakaliki and was previously working at Otunba Tunwase National Pediatric Centre Ijebu Ode in Ogun state before relocating to Lagos to work at First Consultant Hospital Obalende. Here’s a post she shared on Facebook group – Igboville last week:

“I never contacted his fluids. I checked his vitals, helped him with his food (he was too weak)…..I basically touched where his hands touched and that’s the only contact. Not directly with his fluids. At a stage, he yanked off his infusion and we had blood everywhere on his bed…..but the ward maids took care of that and changed his linens
with great precaution. Every patient is treated as high risk …..if it were airborne, by now wahala for dey. I still thank God.

Friends, up to our uniforms n all linens were burnt off. We r on surveillance n off work till 11th. Our samples v long bn taken by WHO n so far we v been fine. For me, kudos to my hospital managt cos we work professionally wt every patient considered risk cos thats d training. Had it been it’s a hospital where they manage ordinary gloves lik Govt hospital n some supporter of APC private hosp..:lol….wahala for dey o. I must also thank Lagos Govt….infact! Even fed govt sef….all been supportive. I’m good n so r the others in d hosp…..”

SouthEastNigeria has since confirmed Justina was among those who attended to the Liberian Ebola patient, Mr Sawyer, in Lagos. She is currently being quarantined at Mainland hospital Yaba Lagos alongside about 40 others. This clinic is immediately after Yaba Tech. She is still alive and spoke with SEN yesterday on phone.

Justina had shared this on another Igbo Facebook page earlier on.

Read more: http://metronaija.com/nigerian-nurse-ebola-treating-patrick-sawyer-speaks/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Oh dear, that was close though! Thank God for your life sister!! What we do not know shall never know us IJN •

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nonybb: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Really? Shes down with Ebola and looks like she wants to kiss someone. Infact this write-up is confusing. Is she now down with Ebola or did she thought she wasnt infected but now had discovered shes with the virus?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by tpia1: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
She was quarantined (tested positive) after she made that post it seems.

Assuming the story is true.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by stexsy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nonybb: Really? Shes down Ebola and looks she want to kiss someone. Infact this write-up is confusing. Is she now down with Ebola or did she thought she wasnt infected but now had discovered shes with the virus?
Jesus shocked !!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by eaglechild: 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
OP your heading and story does not tally.

Are you high on something? undecided
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Iamoilprince(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lucky her! God is great!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Super1759: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
I don't understand this topic and the main story.she is down and the message said she is ok
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by omenka(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Very confusing.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by McWhillion(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
This her lips sef.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
She has a kissable lips. Ebola Ór not I won't mind getting a french kiss from her. grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by seunlayi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2014

she looks like Ebola sef

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by freshness2020: 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
That was a close shave! Thank God for you dear. No better testimony than this. thanksgiving na e sure pass!
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Inioluwa01(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
banega: Jesus shocked !!
LOL

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Inioluwa01(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nonybb: Really? Shes down Ebola and looks she want to kiss someone. Infact this write-up is confusing. Is she now down with Ebola or did she thought she wasnt infected but now had discovered shes with the virus?
Oh dear!Your write up is more confusing,beliv me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by alotofgrace(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
\cheesy/
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by EnterPRO: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
nice to know they are being well taken care of.

perhaps those that ran can now return.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by basty: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
I thank God for he is Lord
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nonybb: Really? Shes down with Ebola and looks like she wants to kiss someone. Infact this write-up is confusing. Is she now down with Ebola or did she thought she wasnt infected but now had discovered shes with the virus?
oh dear!!!! Nonybb, na only you waka come? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by anytaij: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
seunlayi:
she looks like Ebola sef

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by lilprinze: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
quarantine her sharp sharp wit all dose she has had physical contact with she should sty dere until she is 100% cured o we cnt risk more lives
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Jesus shocked !!

grin grin grin forgive the error dear,it happens
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by stevecantrell: 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
So I guess this is a different nurse, different from the one who died ?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by ibdeals1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
i just hope shes nt infected embarassed
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by shizzle11(m): 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
fine girl no pimple wink
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by dazzlingd(m): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
She posted that on 25th July
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nostalgia21(m): 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
seunlayi:
she looks like Ebola sef

and what do you look like?.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by thorpido(m): 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
If she has tested negative thus far,she needs to thank God for her life.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by SolidMoney: 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
thorpido: If she has tested negative thus far,she needs to thank God for her life.
Read somewhere that she tested positive later i.e after posting that on her facebook page
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by thorpido(m): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
SolidMoney: Read somewhere that she tested positive later i.e after posting that on her facebook page
Sad for her.Usually the symptoms don't appear until after a few days.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Down With Ebola After Treating Patrick Sawyer Speaks Out by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
Coming from someone who has been infected

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Court Might Rule Buhari Ineligible To Be President Of Nigeria- Reasons / Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" / Owo: Lawmaker Identifies Those Behind Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.