Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola (3621 Views)

FG Cannot Sell Tafawa Balewa Square In Lagos, Says Fashola / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now / Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by koboko69: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Some people are stupidly ignorant. No time to educate some dull people from a particular region.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ biafranqueen sis, i told you not to join the village pdp people, fashola has done the basic, all the research facilities and scientists you talk about is the job of the federal government, you should urge other governors to emulate lasg.

When ebola broke out in April rather than our useless president do something about it, his information minister went about claiming that they have procured enough vaccines to tackle the disease. I hope u see where incompetence lies.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
these are pictures of ebola containement structures deployed thorough africa

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
this is a picture of the layout of an ebola clinic

i posted a link to cdc's manual on "Infection Control for Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers in the African Health Care Setting "

this is the relevant section pertaining to patient isolation

3.1 Select Site for the Isolation Area
Ideally, an isolation area should already be available to admit
patients requiring isolation.
If an isolation area is not available or if advance preparations have
not been done, and VHF is suspected, immediately identify and set
aside:
• A single room with an adjoining toilet or latrine.
If a single room is not available, select one of the following in
order of preference:
• A separate building or ward that can be used with VHF
patients only (especially if Ebola haemorrhagic fever is
suspected, or if there is a large number of patients)
• An area in a larger ward that is separate and far away from
other patients in the ward
• An uncrowded corner of a large room or hall
• Any area that can be separated from the rest of the health
facility (TB rooms, isolation ward for infectious diseases,
private or semiprivate rooms).
Section 3

Make sure the selected site has:
1. An isolated toilet: If a toilet is not next to the patient's
room, select and isolate a toilet near the isolation area. Use
it to receive the patient’s disinfected waste and other liquid
waste.
If a toilet is not available, prepare a latrine for disposal of
the patient’s and other liquid waste.
2. Adequate ventilation: The isolation room should have
adequate ventilation because chlorine disinfectants will be
used. To prevent airborne or droplet transmission of
infectious agents, avoid rooms with air conditioning.
3. Screened windows: If windows are left open for cooling,
screen them to prevent transmission of mosquito- and other
insect-borne diseases.
Restrict access. Tie a rope or line around the area outside the
window to restrict the area and prevent entry through the window.
3.2 Plan How to Arrange the Isolation Area
Make use of the available space and design of the health facility to
arrange the isolation area. The diagram below shows an ideal
arrangement for an isolation area. The next page shows examples
for a single patient’s room and for a ward with several patients.

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
unfortunately, educated illiterates with no knowledge of how to use google expects fashola to build the CDC building

[img]http://www.cdc.gov/news/2007/06/images/bldg19_300px.jpg[/img]

it should be noted that these jokers constantly second guessing fashola are silent on the complete lack of response from the fg, headed by their favorite incompetent in chief

right now, only brf's actions are standing between nigeria and an epidemic

team gej is busy spinning fables or begging america for an untested vaccine [ so they can have a ready made excuse for their expected failure - nigerians are suffering because of the selfish americans who refuse to share their highly experimental drugs]

any moment now, gej will say its nigeria's turn to suffer from vhf [viral haemorrhagic fever]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by MrTeymee(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Delafruita: for a while,I have been reading through nairaland without commenting and to my chagrin,I notice the same ignoran,tribalistic,sentimental nincompoops still making the same asinine comments and insinuations as before.don't you people ever make an attempt to feign intelligence?must you accept the low IQ your surroundingsand circumstances of growth have bedevilled you with?I make bold to say that but for the proactive response of the LASG,we will have a much more serious ebola epidemic on our hands.they reacted fast and efficiently to contain the crisis.and we can only hope its been contained but if unfortunately further cases get reported,it will not be because LASG didn't do their best.the CDC has been on full alert since before the sawyer case was even reported.how else do you explain the fact that they were prepared to handle it?

What sort of quarantine center do you expect?skyscapers rivalling trump towers?how low can you get?you expect sheraton to be converted to a quarantine center?or you expect them to start building a quarantine center which they will take ages to build and then still have to destroy after the disease is fully contained.perhaps you expect the quarantine center to be in space.or the moon.you obviously need help with your addiction to ignorance and falshood.
Well said
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

U see your reference now, 'doctors without borde' international health organisation, believe me they have the fund, if its all about building mansion but we all know that the case here is not structure, adequate equipment and medication ,with good poersoinnels is what we need and that is being provided.
About flowing through Ibadan, I want to assume u are just joking, else u be jus forfeited the the effort of WHO and co in passing in formations about Ebola, the last time I checked more than50 buses move from Lagos to Enugu daily, there is international airport at Enugu , which can receive flight from any of the WA countries. So the earlier we stop tribalizing or politicising Ebola the better for all of us
The funds are raised by everyday people because I donate to them. The doctor are all volunteers that don't get paid one kobo. How much Federal money does Lagos get? keep making excuses he could spend a billion dollars on a housing estate right. Fashola has done zero for Lagos except steal land in Lekki and feed his friends pockets.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli: @ biafranqueen sis, i told you not to join the village pdp people, fashola has done the basic, all the research facilities and scientists you talk about is the job of the federal government, you should urge other governors to emulate lasg.

When ebola broke out in April rather than our useless president do something about it, his information minister went about claiming that they have procured enough vaccines to tackle the disease. I hope u see where incompetence lies.
Honey you know I don't believe in any of the polithieves unless you have shown me what you accomplished. I just left lLagos and Lekki was flooding, traffic is horrendous, everyone is afraid to move around at night and now this. When was the las time you were in Nigeria Sis?
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
oyb: these are pictures of ebola containement structures deployed thorough africa

Now we are talking see how it is covered from top to bottom see equipment see protective wear that is fully ready. A photo op in front of a cellophane wrapped bungalow is a joke. Trust me they have to money to put together a few tents. Keep celebrating mediocrity in the name of APC or PDP mumuism at its best on this thread.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by sainty2k3(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: The funds are raised by everyday people because I donate to them. The doctor are all volunteers that don't get paid one kobo. How much Federal money does Lagos get? keep making excuses he could spend a billion dollars on a housing estate right. Fashola has done zero for Lagos except steal land in Lekki and feed his friends pockets.

Stop politicising Ebola , simple
BTW doctors beyond borders pay their volunteer a 'stipend ' which is far more than regular doctors pay here
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by M0GIDI: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wake me when ebola Ahmed is admitted, meanwhile am back to bed.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

Stop politicising Ebola , simple
BTW doctors beyond borders pay their volunteer a 'stipend ' which is far more than regular doctors pay here
Nobody is politicising anything Fashola said he is ready I said he is not they are the ones that came to start calling people names only Oyb and Obigail at least came to intelligently express views the rest just insulted without making a point.
Only the long-term assignments get stipend. I use to work for factor direct that raises the funds for them only 15% of the money raised goes towards pay and administration a nurse in US starting RN makes $33.00 an hour they will get like $2.00.

The doctors I know in Lagos are all very wealthy an live on the Island they are not being paid peanuts but they are private hospital doctors soo....
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: Nobody is politicising anything Fashola said he is ready I said he is not they are the ones that came to start calling people names only Oyb and Obigail at least came to intelligently express views the rest just insulted without making a point.
Only the long-term assignments get stipend. I use to work for factor direct that raises the funds for them only 15% of the money raised goes towards pay and administration a nurse in US starting RN makes $33.00 an hour they will get like $2.00.

The doctors I know in Lagos are all very wealthy an live on the Island they are not being paid peanuts but they are private hospital doctors soo....
is this fool still talking? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by sainty2k3(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: Nobody is politicising anything Fashola said he is ready I said he is not they are the ones that came to start calling people names only Oyb and Obigail at least came to intelligently express views the rest just insulted without making a point.

Lol
I think I've made my point, we need not drag things any further.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
TribalEAST: is this fool still talking? undecided
I guess you are tongue
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is not ready where are the isolation tents he is busy with his God father popping corks for Osun instead of building proper units.
He should call out the President to assist him in this don't get me wrong they should be seen working together in photo Ops not visiting with 72 people to hear promises from a President that told you that you on your own. They all messed this up, the priorities of 9ja people is a reflection of the people that lead us, so I am not surprised one bit.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
chai..these south easterners and wahala.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by reborn1: 12:55am On Aug 13, 2014
biafranqueen: This is not ready where are the isolation tents he is busy with his God father popping corks for Osun instead of building proper units.
He should call out the President to assist him in this don't get me wrong they should be seen working together in photo Ops not visiting with 72 people to hear promises from a President that told you that you on your own. They all messed this up, the priorities of 9ja people is a reflection of the people that lead us, so I am not surprised one bit.

Uche face your work.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Gbawe: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
django1: chai..these south easterners and wahala.

Abi OOO. Vestiges of their vengeful post civil war 'vanquished' trauma they blame on Yorubas. They are thus consumed with attacking Yorubas and their leaders over everything and with anything possible. If not so, what the hell is this nuisance OP talking about? The entire thread she has not made any sense whatsoever. All she is consumed with is asininely attacking Fashola and attempting to make him look bad without realising she is the only fool here.

Look at her rant below that is no doubt the product of a mind destroyed by hate to the point it cannot even reason efficiently any longer. What on earth should they do with Ebola victims? Take them on an all-expense paid tour of the 36 States of Nigeria? Are these people merely 'sick' as this vapidly hateful child states or are they capable of spreading a very fatal disease that can decimate Nigerians if allowed to spread unchecked? On display from this silly girl is nothing but hatred of others to the point of lunacy. The worst kind.

Please locking sick people up in a house until they die is not medicine my friend!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 3:58am On Aug 14, 2014
reborn1:

Uche face your work.
Tunde leave me grin
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 14, 2014
biafranqueen: Tunde leave me grin

Abeg post pictures of the place they have quarantined 21 people in Enugu.

It will be interesting to see if you display this level of concern over the infrastructure they are using.

Chime is silent, and your precious fg cannot tell us where they are using as a quarantine center

We are hoping you Internet critics will call out Chime and the fg.

I doubt it sha

One of the disturbing traits the SEers display is their penchant to make excuses for their kinsmen.

The same people cursing out sawyer are making excuses for the stupid nurse who skipped quarantine

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Roads,most Expensive In Africa:it’s Between N400m To N1bn Per Kilometre / Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug / Apc Chairman Goofs Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.