Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,507 members, 7,954,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes (653 Views)

What To Do When Facebook Block Your Account. / Please Notify The Police If You See This Man / Twenty feared Dead As Akure-bound Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes by J0nyb0y(m): 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
I’ve heard of people calling the police
for some awful reasons before, like
them getting the wrong items from
the drive-thru window, but I have
never heard of the police being called
for something as meaningless as Facebook crashing; until now, that is.
That’s right – at least one police
department in the United States has
received phone calls when the
Facebook site has gone down.

Last Friday, Facebook apparently
went down for an extended time. And
for some people in Los Angeles
County, it proved to be just a little
too much for those who may or may
not have Facebook addictions. Instead of doing something else
online or simply choosing to get away
from the phone or the computer for a
while, some people began to call the police department to report that
Facebook wasn’t working . In case you’re not aware, the police couldn’t
care less if Facebook is working or
not – they have actual jobs to do. In a
classic response to the calls, Sgt.
Burton Brink took to Twitter to
address the issue(s).

Can you believe that people would
actually call the police and report
that Facebook isn’t working?
What did they expect them to do – go out and arrest Zuckerberg wherever he was? Really, folks, let’s all exercise a little common sense before we decide to call the police.

In other news, Facebook seems to be working today. What do you think? Let us know your
thoughts regarding this story in the
comments section below!..
Re: Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes by J0nyb0y(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
seriously i couldnt stop laughing when i read this online.. These whites sef sometimes transformer dey blow for their head.. cheesy

source
http://news.filehippo.com/2014/08/dont-call-police-facebook-crashes

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/please-do-not-call-the-police-department-when-facebook-93510030524.html
Re: Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes by pendusky(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
I actually wanted calling seun when NL was down, I had to called The police to check if they have his contacts in their database. grin

their ain't wrong to call The police jor
Re: Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes by J0nyb0y(m): 12:45am On Aug 10, 2014
pendusky: I actually wanted calling seun when NL was down, I had to called The police to check if they have his contacts in their database. grin

their ain't wrong to call The police jor
what have the police got to do with fb?

(1) (Reply)

Sexy Nollywood Actress Yvonne Jegede And Her Exposed bosoms / 21 Wonderful Nairaland Rules That People Dont Obey / Ebola Scare :US Federal Air Marshal Attacked With Syringe In Lagos Airport (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.