Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Why Should We Consider You For Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Should We Consider You For Scholarship (4038 Views)

Jigawa Govt Releases N127m For Scholarship. / 1800 On The Sat Any Hope For Scholarship? / New Read Information For Scholarship To Study Abroad, Deadline - 30/09/08 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should We Consider You For Scholarship by wimartez: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2008
Please what do you think about this write up. Abeg help me call others too to just comment and advice me on correction where neccessary. It is a scholarship write up sort of. Thanks.

BACKGROUND DESCRIPTION/REASION WHY IS HOULD BE CONSIDERED[/b]

My name is Tunde, Born Twenty-three years ago, in a family of six, Father/Mother inclusive. I am a Nationality of Nigeria from Oyo State. I use English Language and Yoruba (a Native) Language as my medium of communication.

I have IJMB ‘A’ Level certificate as my highest qualification. I also have a High School Certificate (Senior Secondary Certificate Examination). I have also positioned myself incase of any international scholarship open doors by striving to get the following international test; TOEFL, SAT 1 & 2.

Before I finish High School, the desire to obtain a quality higher education has always been ringing alertness in me. I have also desired to study Medicine due to my empathy for the sick, diseased and people suffering from health imbalance. This passion also prompted me to join the Red Cross Society which I contributed my best in achieving the organization’s goals before my high school exit. I have always had it in mind to contribute to the reduction & eradication of the spread of diseases resulting in the untimely death of people in my society, Africa and the world at large. I also have the vision of establishing one of the World’s best Medical schools in Africa.

Conversely I have flare for design (Multimedia, graphics, and other designs field). My exposure to the computer system facilitated my knowledge of graphic designs, HMTL Design, Microsoft office suit and others computer operation interface which had helped me make money that I channeled into to taking some international test and further developing me. If there is another field apart from medicine that I will like to be attach to, is Computer Science, but ofcourse my desire for the medicine study is far greater compare to Computer Science.

I have always got the tremendous financial support and all other necessary things from my family who believed in my vision to become one of the top global health practitioners. Their financial support for my visions came to a near halt when we were majorly robbed twice in 1999 and 2000. My dad was shot in the process which detached one of his veins and we had to spend huge fund to keep him alive which actually happened, but the family’s source of sustenance was forfeited to this misfortune. Since then we struggle to achieve end-means. But my vision still stays despite the challenges and frustrations resulting from lack of fund to further my studies.

You will agree with me that to push my goals and visions to fruition, good and quality education is inevitable which ofcourse cannot be achieved without funds and obviously is not forth coming from my parents (My trader mum who got bankrupt and my dad who lost his cab as a result of the above mentioned situation) have not got the capacity now. Hence the need for a Financial Assistance and consideration for the scholarship offer to achieve my dreams. Your value in my education at this stage of my life is highly inevitable; I want to ask that you please come to my rescue.

Thank you in advance for considering me for this Scholarship. God bless XXXXXXXXXX Organization.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Creativity Even When NEPA Dey Mess Up / IMT: Enugu Govt. Approves N810 Million For Upgrade Of Infrastructure / 19 Things That Are Surprisingly Bigger Than You Probably Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.