Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human (3512 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / What Are The Pros, Cons And Costs Of Buying Salvaged Cars? / KNOW YOUR VEHICLE-STOLEN OR SALVAGED? CAVEAT EMPTOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human by layifioren(m): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2008
That's transparency and then you leave the rest of the decision to the buyer. There are several things I'm trying to prove here and they are 1. Salvage are not always write off 2. With proper procedures, salvage vehicles are safe. Just like you could see in there descriptions, the airbags did not deploy in any of those vehicles. That's just to show you that the accidents weren't that bad because in these days where they have airbags in every nooks and crannies, airbags are bound to go off more serious accidents. Also you can see that they are not trying to sell them for market value.
Re: Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human by jenju(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2008
layifioren:

That's transparency and then you leave the rest of the decision to the buyer. There are several things I'm trying to prove here and they are 1. Salvage are not always write off 2. With proper procedures, salvage vehicles are safe. Just like you could see in there descriptions, the airbags did not deploy in any of those vehicles. That's just to show you that the accidents weren't that bad because in these days where they have airbags in every nooks and crannies, airbags are bound to go off more serious accidents. Also you can see that they are not trying to sell them for market value.

Everything you wrote above is 100% correct, particularly in the USA market. In Nigerian market however, all bets are off. Transparency is the exception and not the rule. This very Auto section is a reflection of the Nigerian marketplace.

Cheers,
J
Re: Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human by igwe11(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2008
layifioren:

Na true talk u talk.

Give complete info for buyer to decide.
I wonder what happens off nairaland.

I still maintain that this forum is the best for novices.
Re: Impacts Of Salvaged Cars To Human by chelseabmw(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infor On Audi A4 Car / Pls How Much Is Complete Gearbox For Tiny Light Camry? / Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.