Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Which Church Represents True Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Represents True Christianity (3534 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / List Of Richest Pastors In The World, Nigeria Represents Well!! / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
btoks: Some corrections, the Catholic Church does not have any sects.the sects u mentioned separated from the church and are not in communion with the pope. The Eastern Orthodox was part of the Catholic Church until the schism ca. 1045AD. CAN is not a church but an association. The Catholic Church is very clear on its teachings and is not afraid to let others know. However,It doesn't currently call nor treat other churches as heretics because the current followers are not at fault for their actions. Heresy would apply more to those from an earlier age and the reformers. This is why after Vatican II council, the Catholic Church softened its approach in its dealings with separated brethren whilst sticking with the truth. The church acknowledges that there are SOME truths in other churches and other religions however the fullness of truth lies in the Catholic Church. This is why it opened up ecumenism as a way of bringing this truth to others and not excommunicate everybody. I don't know what u mean by interfaith but the churches are definitely separate with differing understanding of Christian doctrines.

Ok. The same applies to Protestants. They do not have one General Overseer or one head for all Protestants. I dont get the argument of you guys.

Is there any church eg, Church of Christ, Assemblies of God, Redeem etc, whose members teach a different thing from the overall teachings of there respective denomination? If there is, then you are talking. And if so, it will be good to talk about that denomination. Because if you call Prostestants and there contradictory doctrine, it will appear as if all protestants have one head coordinating there activities.

I dont think Deper Life accepts direction from Winners Chapell on what the church should believe in. Neither does Winners accept from Christ Embassy. So no point mentioning Protestants as if they are united in Headship and yet divided in doctrine. When churches come together in worship, they are engaging in interfaith, not that both churches agree.

So my point is, anyone who engage in this interfaith is already sharing in another's punishment. If what they teach or that they aren't the truth, dont merge light with darkness.

CAN is an association quite alright, but it is a religious association. The word religion changes everything in that union. Association with false religion is often viewed as adultery by God. Unless if you dont view protestants as false xtians, as such, you wouldn't criticise it no matter what. They belong to World Coucil of Churches. Isn't that Council a good eg of a divided house?

The bible says 'get away from Babylon the great'. Who is that babylon the great? Assuming it is church A, why will church B interfaith with it, and think it will remain safe? What fellowship does light have with darkness?

Thats why I do group all of them together. The JW never join any of such groups nor do they interfaith with them.

There are divisions in catholic. so you dont know? eg the progressives and conservatives.

more: www.we-are-church.org/forum/forum6engl.htm

Some scholars in catholic openly teach what is different from the official church teachings.
Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
italo:

Speak for yourself, friend.

Not everyone is confused like you are.

I'm not Catholic simply because I was born into the church.

After being taught the faith as a kid, I came to realize that it was all true. I realized that the Catholic Church possesses the fullness of truth and is the one true Church.

I don't hold onto all I was taught as a kid.

I only hold on to what I realize to be true.

Why is that you claim to know Jesus but you take offence easily against someone who has not offended you? Why do you say am confused? Mind you that am Catholic and know the Catholic more than you do and will ever do. The information I was passing across to you is that you should know that other separated brethren are still our brethren and most of them are there now because they were born there. Are you expecting them to change to the catholic church by force? Then you are more confused and malformed than you know.... Munchoko Like you. Let me remind you again; if your parents are Muslims, you will be a Muslim by now and probably indoctrinated whether you like it or not. If you dare change from Muslim to catholic, they will consider you Murd Fitri and kill you. So Stop forming commando or I too know. Dont even be suprised that most of these peeps you always criticize may make heaven and you dont. Like one of them reminded you, true worship of God is more on a personal relationship with God and being alert in the spirit.
Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by italo: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2014
exxell:

Why is that you claim to know Jesus but you take offence easily against someone who has not offended you? Why do you say am confused? Mind you that am Catholic and know the Catholic more than you do and will ever do. The information I was passing across to you is that you should know that other separated brethren are still our brethren and most of them are there now because they were born there. Are you expecting them to change to the catholic church by force? Then you are more confused and malformed than you know.... Munchoko Like you. Let me remind you again; if your parents are Muslims, you will be a Muslim by now and probably indoctrinated whether you like it or not. If you dare change from Muslim to catholic, they will consider you Murd Fitri and kill you. So Stop forming commando or I too know. Dont even be suprised that most of these peeps you always criticize may make heaven and you dont. Like one of them reminded you, true worship of God is more on a personal relationship with God and being alert in the spirit.

I don't know wether you type before you think. ..or you you just never think.

I'm not taking offence. You are confused. Period. It has nothing to do with taking offence.

Where did I say separated brethren are not our brothers?

Where did I try to change anyone by force?

Where did I say they cannot make heaven and I cannot go to hell?

Please, I want to stop arguing with senseless people.

Give me a break.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 25, 2014
italo:

I don't know wether you type before you think. ..or you you just never think.

I'm not taking offence. You are confused. Period. It has nothing to do with taking offence.

Where did I say separated brethren are not our brothers?

Where did I try to change anyone by force?

Where did I say they cannot make heaven and I cannot go to hell?

Please, I want to stop arguing with senseless people.

Give me a break.

Thank you.

You are nothing but a frustrated Kid. Continue the endless job hunt bro.
Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by italo: 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
^^^Thanks. Bye.

smiley
Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by Ubenedictus(m): 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
Elijah78: The church is a group of people living with Jesus, sharing their experiences with one another, as they live with Him; nothing more; but certainly, nothing less!

A community of believers undergoing change together, submitting to His will and purpose, being conformed to the image of Christ, as they are being saved (yes, salvation is a continuing process that has a starting point, but no ending point, read Luke 9:23-24; I Corinthians 1:18; Philippians. 2:12-13; Hebrews 3:14 and I Peter 2:2-3 in the NIV, a translation that actually gets it right).

A church is not a group of people who have designed the rituals to undergo when they meet together e.g, worship and praise, offerings, message, intercessory prayers, etc. This one is a religious institution. What the religious institutions we see around us do is ''entertainment''

and the Church is founded by Christ on the apostles...

If your "community" cannot be traced back to the apostles then you are on entertainment

1 Like

Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by btoks: 10:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=JMAN05]

Ok. The same applies to Protestants. They do not have one General Overseer or one head for all Protestants. I dont get the argument of you guys.

Is there any church eg, Church of Christ, Assemblies of God, Redeem etc, whose members teach a different thing from the overall teachings of there respective denomination? If there is, then you are talking. And if so, it will be good to talk about that denomination. Because if you call Prostestants and there contradictory doctrine, it will appear as if all protestants have one head coordinating there activities.
But what is the overall teaching of these churches? What you’ll find is that protestants likely fall into one of two camps (1) go entirely with what the Pastor teaches (2) Disagree with parts of pastor’s teaching and hop to another church that teaches what they like or in some cases form another church.

I dont think Deper Life accepts direction from Winners Chapell on what the church should believe in. Neither does Winners accept from Christ Embassy. So no point mentioning Protestants as if they are united in Headship and yet divided in doctrine. When churches come together in worship, they are engaging in interfaith, not that both churches agree.
Protestants are generally united in its protest against the Catholic Church. E.g. I’m sure you’ve read through the NL articles over the years to know that anything on the catholic faith usually gets attacked.

So my point is, anyone who engage in this interfaith is already sharing in another's punishment. If what they teach or that they aren't the truth, dont merge light with darkness.

CAN is an association quite alright, but it is a religious association. The word religion changes everything in that union. Association with false religion is often viewed as adultery by God. Unless if you dont view protestants as false xtians, as such, you wouldn't criticise it no matter what. They belong to World Coucil of Churches. Isn't that Council a good eg of a divided house?

The bible says 'get away from Babylon the great'. Who is that babylon the great? Assuming it is church A, why will church B interfaith with it, and think it will remain safe? What fellowship does light have with darkness?
This is JW teaching whose doctrines/interpretations are at odds with Catholic Church teaching. (I’m sure you know JW organisation did not exist for centuries after the early church)

Thats why I do group all of them together. The JW never join any of such groups nor do they interfaith with them.
All the best to JW

There are divisions in catholic. so you dont know? eg the progressives and conservatives.

more: www.we-are-church.org/forum/forum6engl.htm

Some scholars in catholic openly teach what is different from the official church teachings.
I think I made it clear in the previous post about the Church's teaching and dissenting members. There are always people who go against established laws even in the secular world. The link provided is for a group that questions Church's teachings - Any catholic scholar that blatantly practices/teaches in opposition to the church has automatically excommunicated himself.
BTW, your response was a bit convoluted and hard to follow what point you were trying to make.
Re: Which Church Represents True Christianity by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
btoks: But what is the overall teaching of these churches? What you’ll find is that protestants likely fall into one of two camps (1) go entirely with what the Pastor teaches (2) Disagree with parts of pastor’s teaching and hop to another church that teaches what they like or in some cases form another church.

That is not the issue. the issue is that all the denominations has its own independence. The way its members behave is not a prove that they are dependent or a chaired by one head.

Catholics do so. in short the interfaith believe is an official stamp for this. You cant run from it.

Protestants are generally united in its protest against the Catholic Church. E.g. I’m sure you’ve read through the NL articles over the years to know that anything on the catholic faith usually gets attacked.

That is not also the point here. When catholics and protestants launch attack on JWs, this doesnt mean they now have one head.

This is JW teaching whose doctrines/interpretations are at odds with Catholic Church teaching. (I’m sure you know JW organisation did not exist for centuries after the early church)

That is not also the point here. You can re-read it once more.

I think I made it clear in the previous post about theChurch's teaching and dissenting members. There are always people who go against established laws even in the secular world. The link provided is for a group that questions Church's teachings - Any catholic scholar that blatantly practices/teaches in opposition to the church has automatically excommunicated himself.BTW, your response was a bit convoluted and hard to follow what point you were trying to make.

I never said some never choose to dissent. Good, if you do excommunicate them, thats the right thing, but why form a religious association with them again? why interfaith with them? why miss "light" with darkness?

Dont you think that it has a risk of getting you involved in there punishment? the bible says, "you should get out of her". another says, 'stop touching the unclean things, and I will take u in'. thats my point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Side-effects Of Spiritual Work Done By White Garment Churches/spiritual Churhes. / Photos From COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo and Family Vacation In US / The Joy Of Living With Eternity In View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.