Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? (1342 Views)

Nairaland Business Scam: The Ultimate Guide To Avoid Falling Victim / Is Emgoldex Scam Or Pyramids? / Business Scam (solution) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2008
If you are planning to start internet based home business, do brief researches before you actually start your internet home business venture. This will provide you with a good understanding of this business domain. It will give you the opportunity to learn from the mistakes most people make in home based internet business.
We don't want to say that your excitement is groundless. If you are successful in your work at home business, the home business internet income opportunities can be very lucrative. You can work for the entire twenty-four hours if it is possible for you at the comfort of your home.
In internet based home business opportunities you are not forced to interact with your irritating superiors. Also there is no dirty office politics. And the most important thing is that not only does it give you a healthy home business internet income, you also enjoy the warmth and comfort of being with your family members.
All these are the few benefits that a internet home business opportunity can give you. But just as the saying goes that nothing is perfectly good or bad in this world the same applies to the top home based businesses.
It has some lucrative advantages but these home business internet income are not without associated pitfalls. There have been so many scams under the garb of internet home business, that most view such opportunities with suspicion.
Yes, we are here talking about internet home business scams and we want to give you some tips which you should follow while you are to start successful home businesses and make money.
 Avoid the offers of "start work at home business" plans which offer easy money without a basic business idea in place. These offers of internet home business are honey traps to loosen your purse strings. Think for a while before you are being carried away by those ornamental words.
 It is better not to indulge in internet home business plans based on the notorious pyramid schemes. Developing pyramids means that you get a commission when you are able to join new people to the home based business. This 'Pyramid' home business is profitable for those who had started it. Please note that pyramid home business is totally different from the internet based home business where you get a partial commission from selling the products and another part of money by joining people in your business.
 When you are starting your online home business, you will come across companies charging fees to give information. If the online home business opportunity is legitimate, then why should one pay for it in order to just know the procedure?
Every thing has both positive and negative aspects. There are risks associated with online home business too. You need to be alert and you will find yourself away from business frauds and scams running under the garb of internet home business. Just avoid the temptation of easy and quick money. Even the most brilliant business opportunity takes time and loads of effort to achieve the topmost position in the world.

I will like to keep this thread active to be able to continually post of it with lots of interaction from people here in Nairaland thus I will implore you all to be on the look out and watch this thread.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2008
There is a lot of talk these days about the health of the economy. Surely, the world economy is under a lot of strain right now. Greed led to a real estate bubble that has resulted in a substantial downturn in that market. High oil prices are driving up the cost of living. People are generally tightening up on their purse strings.
But, if you’re generating income on the Internet, are you subject to this? Will working in tech help you weather out a recession?
I believe the answer is yes. For several reasons.
The Internet is a Global Marketplace
There are 6.5+ billion people on this planet. Sure, not all of them can get online, but the number of people who can is increasing all the time. While we might having certain economic issues on our minds here in the country, it doesn’t mean it is the same overseas, but the simple fact is that the Internet is the one business medium that surpasses all boundaries.
The Internet Will Always Be Needed
The Internet isn’t going anywhere. There will always be people online. It is now THE major conduit for communications in the world. More and more of our life is now taking place online. Since basic human nature is never going anywhere despite ups and downs in the economy, you can pretty much rest assured that the Internet is always going to have plenty of people.
Plus, if you look at the high oil prices and the possibility that people may travel a little less, where will they turn? The Internet because it will allow business to be conducted without the need for travel.
Information Rules
There will always be a need for people to screw the lids on the jars. Somebody has to produce physical things which we all use. But, the need and value of information is highest ever and is only getting stronger. There is SO much information available out there that there is inherent value in usable, applicable information that solves problems.
The Internet is the main medium for that information.
And This All Means…
If you are looking for a place to set up a shingle and generate some income, the Internet is a great place to be. It puts you right in the midst of the Information Age. It has the capacity to recession-proof your pocketbook better than anything else I know.
If you do it right.
Have you ever wondered how a useless bag of crap like Paris Hilton manages to make a fairly significant income? Or Britney Spears? It isn’t because of their talent (obviously). What is it?
Because they’re interesting. But, how does that translate into dollars? Because they attract ATTENTION.
A club owner in Las Vegas, for example, wants to generate buzz for their new nightclub. What do you think will work better? Paying money to Google to advertise in the search engine? Paying to have a bunch of fliers printed up and handed out along the Vegas strip? Or paying Paris Hilton to show up at your club, make an ass of herself, and attract all the paparazzi? Your club is surely going to be on the next episode of TMZ. With Paris Hilton comes attention.
The single most important asset online is eyeballs. People paying attention to what you’re doing. And so much activity online is done in the effort to seek out and win those eyeballs. It is the commodity of the Internet.
The subject of how to gain that attention is a big one and one much bigger than I could go into in one post. And quite frankly, I’m not the world’s expert on the subject anyway. In fact, nobody really is. Anybody who is successful online knows they are not the expert on this and we’re always learning ways to do it.
But, at least we know what the goal is. With attention comes eyeballs. And with eyeballs comes potential prospects that you can market to.
So, if you sit down and look at what you might be thinking of doing online to make some money, what could you do to get some attention? What could you do to stand out?
Just remember, though, that you have to have a balance between being interesting and being interested. If you take your target market online (the people you consider as the type of person who may buy what you’re selling), you have to be very interested in them. What do they need and want from you? What gets them hot under the collar? What do they want from you?
Then, from there, the job of being interesting to those people gets much easier. You give them what they’re looking for and maybe do so in a way that might raise an eyebrow or two. The degree to which you’ll need to be really creative here depends on your market and how much competition you have.
So, sit down and give it some thought.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2008
You have an idea for a website or a product. You invest time and maybe money into creating it. You get it all ready. It looks gorgeous! It is time for launch. You upload it to your web server. You pull it up in your web browser. Wow! There it is. You’re in business.
But, nobody is coming.
What the HELL is going on?!
Well, what the hell is going on is that nobody knows about you! You’ve built a website but there are no roads to it. It’d be like building a house out in the middle or the forest and having no roads to get to it. Well, that house is going to be hidden, right?
So, the whole adage of “if you build it, they will come” is most certainly not true when it comes to the Internet. Setting up a website and a product is only stage one of setting up an online business. Stage two is promotion and marketing to make people aware of you. Smart people will be working on stage two while stage one is under way.
Getting People to Come
There are a multitude of ways to get people to come to your website, and each could probably be an entire body of information on it’s own. But, here is a basic list to get your feet wet:
1. Running a blog on your site.
2. Posting in relevant forums (with a link to your site in your signature)
3. Posting on relevant blogs
4. Google Adsense (probably the single best way to start getting traffic from scratch)
5. An Email List
6. Joint Venture Deals
7. Guest Blogging
8. Article Marketing
9. Social Media (be careful when using this as a marketing medium. It can backfire if done incorrectly).
Outflow Equals Inflow
If you want an inflow of traffic, be prepared to outflow. Your efforts will be almost directly proportional. To the degree you are active in getting your name out there on other sites in as many places as you can, you will see an inflow of traffic. If you ever want to get more traffic, outflow more.
Period.

TO GET A COMPREHENSIVE E-BOOK ON GETTING TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE, YOU CAN CONTACT ME TROUGH EMAIL OR PHONE wealthinweeks@gmail.com or 08037151485

If you’re going to set up shop online and try to market anything, you are most definitely going to need an online identity. In fact, even if you don’t plan to use the Internet to make any money, you might want to set up an online identity.
But, what do I mean when I say “online identity”? Essentially, I mean an easily identified brand on the Internet. A brand which is consistent. Get in the habit of looking at yourself as a brand, even if you’re not marketing it.
Here are a few things to do to get going with your online identity:
1. Set up profiles with the leading social networking sites. This includes MySpace, Facebook and LinkedIn as bare minimums.
2. Use the same name on all your social network profiles. You need to keep things consistent.
3. Participate on Twitter and FriendFeed and start sharing news and findings that are relevant to your target market.
4. Use an avatar or icon to represent yourself. And, if possible, use the same avatar regardless of the website. That avatar will then become representative of your online identity.
5. Start a blog. A well written blog targeting your market can do more for your online identity than anything else you do.
6. Be helpful and active. If you’re interested in building a recognizable presence, you have to be out there in front of people. That means participating on the Internet. Posting blog entries. Actively networking on sites like Twitter, FriendFeed and the social networks. This puts your name out in front of people and repetition builds to recognition builds to trust.
Smart internet businesspeople are realizing that the age of anonymous retailers is ending. People would rather shop with a small person they know and trust than a big non-personal corporate presence. Social media and using it properly can built you up into that person they know.
Think of your blog and your website as the hub of a wheel, and your social media profiles across the Internet as multiple spokes to the wheel. Keep all of them as active as you can and you can use all the spokes to drive traffic right to the hub: your website.

TO GET A COMPREHENSIVE E-BOOK ON GETTING TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE AND HOW TO START YOUR ONLINE IDENTITY, YOU CAN CONTACT ME TROUGH EMAIL OR PHONE wealthinweeks@gmail.com or 08037151485

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by neksummi(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2008
I totally agree with hedgesfun, you've got to do your research and run away from
those that promise so much for little or no effort at all. There's no Santa Claus here.
Everyone is on the internet to make money. Think of it, someone is offering you a system
that will make millions in months and he's selling you the info for #5000. Where do you think
he makes his money from? From the #5000 he gets from people that are lazy greedy of course.
You can always scam test any opportunity you come across on the internet.
Let me give you some tips.
1. Google search the program or the person promoting it, e.g I'm neksummi, just
search neksummi+scam and see what comes up. If I've been engaged in any fraudulent
activity and someone has had a bad experience with me, he would have posted it somewhere on the
net. This search will dig out such a thing and everyone will avoid doing business with me. If you do this
for every opportunity that comes your way, I tell you, you're going to weed out every program that
is not worth your time and effort.
2. Get to know who owns the website, when it was registered and so forth. The person, claims to have
into online business so so years, just go to www.allwhois.com and search his site.
You'll find out when actually he registered his site and so forth.
3. Traffic is everything in online marketing. Everything you're going to be doing is geared towards pulling traffic
to your site. No matter how lucrative a program appears to be, you won't make a dime if you can't take
traffic to your site. Most inexperienced marketers are not making any money online, EVER.

I've been into internet marketing for the past two years and I'm talking to you based on experience. Don't let
anyone deceive you. Internet marketing is not the easiest thing you can do. But with commitment,
perseverance and 'stickability' you'll earn beyond your wildest dreams. Don't jump at every opportunity you see.
Concentrate and build one that has passed your test.
If you feel I could be of help to you, reach me on the e-mail below. Got a free ebook for you on net marketing.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2008
[center][size=8pt]The Importance Of Blogging[/size][/center]
Earlier, I talked about using social media as the spokes of a wheel and at the center of that wheel is your blog.The fact that I made a blog the hub of the wheel should tell you that, yes, the blog is important. Even if your business centers around an online ecommerce store, you should still have a blog.
Why?
As I also said early on, anonymity and impersonal business are a thing of the past. In fact, it is common for small businesses to try to look bigger than they really are online. They’ll use the word “we” when they mean the word “I”. They’ll have multiple department email addresses when there are only one or two people on the staff. They’ll use corporate “lingo” on their website, thinking it makes then look professional when, in reality, it makes them look dumb.
Today, business is about the individual. You are an individual and you are in business. Your customer is an individual and they have a need or desire to be filled. Even if your operation is larger than a one-man operation, you should be accessible and personable and REAL.
With a blog, you can do that and you also have a solid line of communication to your customer. You can post news stories tailored to your market. You can use your blog to get feedback on your products and services (by way of blog comments).
Blog software, too, is set up for interactivity. When you post a story in your blog, your blog software will automatically “ping” any other sites you link to in your post as well as sites which you specify (such as Pingomatic). This serves to notify others of what you’re doing on your blog as well as to notify search engines of your new post - automatically. Search engines like Google LOVE blogs so strategic use of your blog can get your site and brand into search engines.
So, my advice:
1. If you do not yet have a blog, start one. I recommend using Wordpress for your blog. Also, I highly recommend you use your own hosting, not . You want to you use OWN domain name, not a domain of some freely available personal blogging service.
2. Post often.
3. Make your posts valuable to your potential customer and reader. Do not worry about giving away too much information. It is the free stuff which is going to bring people in the door. If you hold back too much so that you can charge them for it later, you’re not going to have many takers.
4. Like spokes to the wheel, use your social media profiles to drive traffic to your blog.
5. Use the blog to drive traffic to your sales letter or online store. If you are running a service business, make your contact information clearly visible on your blog.
Happy blogging.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2008
[size=8pt][center]Buying and Selling Products Online[/center][/size]

Buying low and selling high. It has been a basic concept of business since the beginning of time. And the concept doesn’t change when moved to the Internet. Most of the sellers on Ebay are making their money doing exactly this. They buy a product at one price and then resell it on Ebay at a higher price. Their profit is the difference.
Buying and selling products online isn’t exactly the easiest way to make a buck online, but it is one of the easier ones to grasp for people not completely “jived in” with the Internet.
The first step is to find a product to sell. This entails doing some research online to find a product people would be willing to buy. You might first start out with a product you produce yourself because this would give you the highest profit margin. But, if you do not have your own product, you would do that research to find your market. You can do this in a few different ways:
1. Keyword research. Use a service like Wordtracker to see what people are searching for. If people are searching it, they’d probably buy it.
2. Use Google Trends to track usage of particular keywords and see the trend of popularity. See a spike? It might be worth a look as a potential market.
3. Tap into social media and see what problems people are having. A site like 43Things might provide you guidance into things people want to accomplish. Could be an idea for a product.
Once you’ve found a market, you either create a product to sell or you buy one. Creating the product is an entire body of knowledge on it’s own. Buying the product means you need to find a supplier.
If you have a specific product in mind, you might try going direct to the manufacturer and seeing if you can buy from them. Another option might be a site like Worldwide Brands which acts as a database for valid resellers and will help you sort through real suppliers and middle men. You don’t want to buy from middle men because all they are doing is jacking up the price you pay.
If you can drop-ship, I would recommend you do so. Drop-shipping means that you make the sale and the supplier will ship directly to your customer directly as if it is coming from you. This means you will not need to maintain inventory - a huge plus.
Lastly, you will need to decide whether to set up shop with your own ecommerce store, on Ebay, or a mix of both.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2008
Earlier on I talked about the basics of finding a product to sell. If you are going this route, you are getting into the world of ecommerce. To people new to the Internet, this might seem very complicated. Ecommerce, however, is not complicated to get started with and you could do it from your home.
First, it is necessary that you understand a few of the inner workings. Below, I will include information from an article I wrote some time ago:
The Basics - How Funds are Collected
Ecommerce simply refers to the practice of shopping online. From the site owner’s perspective, it entails collecting funds from sales transactions on their website and depositing that money into the bank. In order to collect funds, you need to have a merchant account and a payment gateway (discussed below). Basically, when a person enters their credit card number on a website, the card number and buyer information is sent to a payment gateway. This is done securely. The payment gateway will interface with a payment processor to check availability of funds as well as any other criteria set for accepting transactions. If the funds are available, the payment processor will then deduct the funds. The payment gateway will then report back a successful transaction to the merchant, at which point the merchant’s shopping cart system will respond by displaying a “Thank You” type message to the buyer. Funds will sit until the transaction is settled, which means the funds are collected and deposited to your bank account. Until a transaction is settled, the transaction will not post to your bank account and the corresponding debit will not post to the buyer’s credit card account.
Merchant Accounts
A Merchant Account is a special type of account specifically for online retailers. They are designed to allow non-POS (point of sale) transactions using credit cards, or transactions where you don’t have the person’s credit card in hand. In other words, you don’t have a card swiper. A merchant account is not the same as a bank account. It acts as a go-between between your payment gateway and your bank account, accepting funds from credit cards which are then deposited into your bank.
A merchant account is a relationship based on trust between you and the issuing bank. The bank takes funds from the buyer’s account and deposits into your account. A payment processor takes care of checking for availability of funds and debiting from the credit card account. The bank issuing the merchant account is trusting that you will fulfill your end of the transaction by providing the product or service that the buyer purchased. In case where this does not occur, the buyer can dispute the transaction. This puts the issuing bank on the line because they are then obligated to return the funds to the buyer’s card (a chargeback). Therefore, merchant providers are taking a risk in allowing a merchant to take credit cards under their name.
The organization providing your merchant account will do underwriting on the account when you apply to check your credit. If you have a history of too many chargebacks, you may be denied. In fact, too many chargebacks can result in you, as a merchant, being put on the Terminated Merchant File (also called The Match File). This is a blacklist which will effectively prevent you from ever receiving a merchant account again.
Payment Gateways
A payment gateway serves as the front end to your merchant account, allowing you to manage funds, transactions, and the like. It also serves as a connection between your website and your merchant account. It takes data submitted via your secure order forms and presents it to your processing bank. The processing bank then approves or declines the transaction and sends its response back to the payment gateway. The payment gateway then turns around and provides this data back to the merchant for appropriate handling of the transaction. A payment gateway, then, does not offer services such as merchant accounts or shopping carts, although some of the larger-known gateways do provide such options as value-added services.
Some of the better known payment gateway services are Authorize.Net, Verisign, 2CheckOut.com,Linkpoint, Paysystems.com, Worldpay.com, and MerchantCommerce. Some of the things to look for in a payment gateway are compliance with CISP, SDP and DISC (security initiatives put out by the major credit card companies), virtual terminal (to be able to accept transactions over the phone by typing in their data rather than only relying on your website), fraud prevention, recurring billing, methods of integration, cost and whether they can accept e-checks or not.
Fraud prevention is a big one because, as stated above, too many fraudulent transactions will result in chargebacks which could end up putting you on the Match List and your merchant account closed. Some of the common fraud detection mechanisms are Address Verification (AVS) which compares the customer’s address with that on file with the issuing bank, CVV2 which makes use of the 3-digit security code on the credit card (4-digit on American Express cards).
Most gateways will provide instructions on how to interface with their servers from your web store. Most gateways offer two methods of integration.
One method is to have your site POST a form to the gateway’s server which is pre-populated with your customer’s information. At that point, the customer will provide the customer with the payment form which allows them to type in their credit card number in a secure environment. After processing occurs, the customer is then routed back to your website along with the results of the transaction. Your site again takes over the process. This method is usually easier to set up for site owners and it also means the site owner does not need to purchase their own SSL certificate (allowing secure transactions on the site itself). The tradeoff is that you do need to send your customers off of your website for payment collection. Many gateways offer ways to make the payment form look like your website using customized headers and footers, but the fact remains that the visitors are leaving your website.
The second method is totally invisible to the customer. If the site owner has an SSL certificate, they can set up security on their own site. This means they can host the payment form themselves, totally customizing it to their website. When the customer submits payment, your site will securely and invisibly submit the information to the payment gateway. The payment gateway will do the usual processing and then invisibly send the response back to the merchant’s website, allowing it to respond properly. From the customer’s perspective, they never left your website. And they never did. This type of setup requires an SSL certificate as well as access to the CURL library.
Many gateway providers can get you set up with a merchant account at the same time as the gateway. So, in most cases, you do not need to sign up for them separately.
Conclusion
Technical? Perhaps. It honestly sounds more complicated than it really is. But, more details will be explained to anyone interested in this kind of business which is what I had been doing for sometime now and I really had thank God for it all. Just contact me if you have interest and we can discuss.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by Melifew(m): 3:06am On Nov 04, 2008
@neksummi
these website www.allwhois.com is a very useful site i am grateful to u for ur post
cheers
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by wasco4real: 3:54am On Nov 04, 2008
internet business is not a scam is an opportunity for those who can tap in it make use of it. my own advise for starter is to look for a mentor that really make money or if he cant find a mentor he should try tried to look for for a good ebook that explained from scrach a basic on internet business like first search for a good keyword and tried to expand is keyword and monetize it.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by wasco4real: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2008
this the nine tips on point for growing your website
1 expand your keyword list
2 optimize your curent content
3 generate search engine freindly
4 squeze every bit of value from vaue for pay-per-click
5 choose keywordrich names
6 optimize your pressrelease
7 buld keyword rich inbound links
8 use keyword in offline advertising
9 identify and exploit niche market
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by asifu: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
Internet Home Business, is no scam but a great opportunity if you are able to identify legitimate internet business site like www.alanhass.com
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2008
[center]Information Products: The Gem of Making Money Online[/center]
One thing this 30 day series will make clear by the time it is complete is that there are many ways to generate an income online. However, there is no better way (in my opinion) than selling information.
People go online in the first place to gain information. They want to learn about something. They have an immediate problem to solve. They go online for how-to.
Today, there is SO MUCH information available online that it is extremely hard to digest. Said simply, there is probably very few information products available online which contain information that you cannot find for free somewhere on the Internet. However, that information is probably spread out across tons of websites, is hard to find or is not in a format which makes it usable. So, even if your information product contains things which are available elsewhere, it can still be valuable as long as it provides real, measurable value to the customer.
The major benefits to information products over selling physical items is:
1. Low cost of distribution. Many info products can simply be downloaded. This means no shipping costs for you or the customer. It also means immediate satisfaction for the customer. Of course, some of the higher end information products are shipped as a package (DVDs, videos, course materials), but that choice depends on your market and what they want.
2. Easier to create. If you find a market with a need, you can create your own information product specifically to that need. You do not need to shop around for a seller to buy it from. As long as you have the know-how in our market, you can just create the product from home.
3. 100% profit margin. In most cases, your only investment is the time it takes to make the product. If the product is digital in nature (such as a PDF e-book) then you have a 100% profit margin.
So, now that you know an info product is a good way to go, now what?
I said that the information product is one of the best ways to make money online for multiple reasons. But, this inevitably means that you have to create an information product to sell. Next thoughts might include:
• What do I know that somebody would pay me for?
• Am I expected to create an entire info product? I don’t have time! I can’t write!
Common thoughts let me tell you. But, one thing you have to realize at the outset is that you do not have to do everything yourself.
Creating the product yourself may be ideal, especially if you really are an expert. Also, you may feel obligated to personally create any product which is going to bear your name. However, be aware of your other option: outsourcing.
There are people out there who will perform writing for you as a ghost writer. A ghost writer is a person who writes but does not take the credit for it. It is actually very commonly done. For example, Hillary Clinton’s book It Takes a Village was not written by Hillary. It was written by Barbara Feinman. The only reason we know this is because a controversy erupted over it (hey, its politics). But, in the real world, this is done all the time.
A ghost writer does not have to be expensive. In fact, many times they are not. You can hire writing talent overseas for a small amount of money (varying depending on their skill, of course). Places you can look for a ghost writer would include:
• Elance
• Guru.com
• Arbor Books
When you hire a ghost writer, you need to be specific about what you want. Remember, this is not their product. It is YOUR’S. You need to plan out the product, outline it, etc. You may even write parts of it on your own. Your ghost writer can fill in the gaps or even create entire sections for you. You can also pay people on these services to do the legwork to research things you need for the creation of your product.
So, don’t stop yourself from pursuing this because you think you can’t pull it off. Sometimes the power of others can help you get the job done quite nicely.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by Seton(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ hedgesfun
Info Marketing, it is a gold mine, i have been doing that and many other ones Info marketing requires the least start-up capital, no qualification among other things. Everybody can do it. do you know that you create information product from what people are posting here. you just need to look deep You will see it.

Domainer, that another goldmine, if you some few dollar like $100 you can start that, if you do your how work very well, you can more that 10000% ROI. Imagine somebody buying a domain for less than $10 and selling it for 10000pounds in less that 2 weeks.

I just lost an opportunity to make 10000pounds from yes we can of obama acceptance speech, the other days no thanks to bad internet access.

folks, It is posible to make 10000pound with one week as a domainer. goto www.sedo.com and register there fo free, or www.afternic.com if you are in doubt.
Folks there are so much money to be made on the internet.

Internet home business is really no scam but an opportunity
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2008
Selling Other People’s Products as an Affiliate

When you make money on the Internet, you most definitely need to be aware of how affiliate programs work. They are common and can be a great way to make money online. In fact, I have employed this option myself many times and have made many thousands of dollars.
When you sell a product as an affiliate, you are selling somebody else’s product. The deal is that the seller will pay you a percentage of every sale that you make. The percentage varies from seller to seller. Some are as low as 1-2% (usually found only in low margin areas like computer hardware) up to as high as 80%. I’ve even seen some sellers provide 100% commission to affiliates. They do this when they are willing to give away all proceeds because they know they’ll make much better money by upselling the buyer to better backend products.
To make money as an affiliate, you need to sign up for affiliate programs. You can sign up one-on-one with any company or seller which offers an affiliate program. You can also go to one of the larger clearing houses of affiliate products, such as:
• Clickbank
• Commission Junction
• OneNetwork Direct
• AzoogleAds
You have to pick and choose products which are suitable to your audience (if you have one). For example, you wouldn’t market real estate products to an audience like we have here at PCMECH. It is also sometimes a good idea to buy and try the product yourself.
If you do not have an audience of your own nor a mailing list, you should turn to Google Adwords. Adwords will cost you money, yes, but if you carefully follow the math and the keywords you use, you can set it up where you are all but guaranteed that for every dollar you spend, you’ll make back more money. You use Google to direct people straight to your seller using YOUR affiliate code so that you get all credit for the sales made.
This post is most certainly not an in-depth guide to making money this way. There is a lot to it, and those who master it can make a goldmine selling other people’s products. Silver and gold members of PCMECH will get additional material on this down the road.
In the meantime, there are some blogs you can read on the subject. UberAffilliate is one blog I would recommend, authored by Paul Bourque.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by hedgesfun(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2008
Offering a Service And Drawing Potential Customers
Obviously, you can always sell products on the Internet. But, what about selling a service?
A lot of people maintain websites in order to be a public face to services which they offer, whether offline or online. This is always great because the web can put your offering in front of the eyes of many people easily. More and more, people are turning to the Internet even to find local, offline business services. The yellow pages are so yesterday!
When you offer a service via your website, the most important advice I could provide would be to NOT have your website be little but a digital brochure. I see so many business websites out there that do nothing but say what they do and have a link to contact them. Boring! And it is even worse when they use some of the classic mistakes of marketing, like calling themselves #1 or using “they” when they are only a one-man show.
As I said earlier in this series, the era of doing business with big corporations is nearing an end. People do business with PEOPLE. They want real people.
Not only that, but you need to give people a reason to come to your website. Why would anybody come to it? The classic mistake of brochure style business sites is that people would only happen upon the site if they were looking specifically for that business. But, nobody is searching for your business name on Google!
So, some general advice (since this series is all about just hitting highpoints) for offering a service through your site is:
1. Provide real VALUE on your business website. Start a blog and offer freely available content having to do with the area of your business. Offer free value to your potential clientele. Much of your clientele is going to discover you because they’re searching for an answer. So, give them the answer and then say “Oh, by the way, you can hire me for more personalized service.”. This is a much better way to market your service online then a brochure-style website.
2. Don’t hesitate to hire somebody who knows what they’re doing to create your website for you if you don’t have the expertise. An amateur-looking website can have the exact opposite effect that you are looking for. If you look amateur, people will write you off as such. Remember, you have only a few seconds online to make a first impression once somebody arrives at your site.
3. Use local search. A very high percentage of people who search locally for something are actively looking to hire somebody! For example, if I search for “badagry mechanics”, am I just looking for general info about my car? No, very likely I am looking for a mechanic to fix my car! So, make sure your site is geographically centric if your business is. Use the name of your city in your website and in your site’s title. And if you do any internet advertising, make sure you geo-target visitors specifically in your city.
Bonus Tip: Even if your business can cater to many cities, you can take advantage of local search. Create multiple landing pages to your site, all targeting different cities. Then let the search engines index these. Anybody searching for your product in those cities can then find you, even if you’re based elsewhere.
Re: Internet Home Business - Scam Or An Opportunity? by ohchacha: 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
I believe that this is a good business project on which you can earn good money if you correctly organize everything. I will give you a tip-do not forget about the security of your data and the processes that will occur on your website. In order to avoid any fraudulent actions and bot attacks, you should contact the professional team of the company covery, which will help you prevent such situations or solve them in a short time.

(1) (Reply)

No More Allocation From NNPC For AGO & LPFO? / How To Make It Big In Cassava Production / How Can I Become A Clearing Agent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.