Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? (973 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by Calebsworld(m): 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Increase in agriculture, but not food processing is key to national development
OR
Food processing,but not increase in agricultural production is key to national development
Pls contribute to this debate,thanks.
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by Calebsworld(m): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls fellow nairanders, I urgently need ur contributions on this topic. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by Gigateem(m): 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Both!
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by rareman(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
I will want to stand on the side of food processing: but truely one need to look at both w holistically, you cannot isolate one and leave the other. From experience here in nigeria, I realise that farmers go through a lot of stress to sell their farm produce. There is no system in place here to help a farmer produce then hands off sales. So you see a farmer produce here, plan his logistic then beg market women to buy at reasonable price.
Processing earns more for a farmer, and for economic development it encourages serious entrepreneurship, more people are employed to cater for farm produce.
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by rareman(m): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
I will want to stand on the side of food processing: but truely one need to look at both w holistically, you cannot isolate one and leave the other. From experience here in nigeria, I realise that farmers go through a lot of stress to sell their farm produce. There is no system in place here to help a farmer produce then hands off sales. So you see a farmer produce here, plan his logistic then beg market women to buy at reasonable price.
Processing earns more for a farmer, and for economic development it encourages serious entrepreneurship, more people are employed to cater for farm produce. My 2 cent though Hope it made sense
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by Calebsworld(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
rareman: I will want to stand on the side of food processing: but truely one need to look at both w holistically, you cannot isolate one and leave the other. From experience here in nigeria, I realise that farmers go through a lot of stress to sell their farm produce. There is no system in place here to help a farmer produce then hands off sales. So you see a farmer produce here, plan his logistic then beg market women to buy at reasonable price.
Processing earns more for a farmer, and for economic development it encourages serious entrepreneurship, more people are employed to cater for farm produce. My 2 cent though Hope it made sense
.....that was helpful.thanks bro.
Re: Food Processing Or Increase In Agriculture? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2014
If processing I high and dia isn't increase. In agric produce, you will have many machine down time in your processing as a result of shortage o unavailability of raw materials.

So also if you have a high agric produce with little or no processing, wastage becomes inevitable.

So they go hand in hand, in a direct proportionality. B extension, an increase in agriculture should imply an increase in processing.

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Production And Feed Manufacturing At North Carolina University USA / Pure Dotch Rabbit Breed For SALE!!! / LEASEHOLD Farmland At 20k/acre For 20years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.