Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (66845 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ogtavia(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
zeroshadow:

go and read isaiah 45:7...

whether or not you read it is none of my business... to answer the bolded part of your comment that POWER is from the creator "itself" not from your imaginary "god"...

the creator created good and evil.... choose your path or stay in between

Guess you wanted to quote GodMode....and there is no in between good and evil,you can't be a little good and a little evil,or more good and less evil or vice-versa...just to clear things up.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Rogers210(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.
If you are going to sympathize, you can do so without necessarily blaming the government. There are myriads of other causes of road accidents apart from bad road. When will people like you take up responsibility for your destiny and stop pointing fingers ?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Funjosh(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
OMG! shocked
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by akpanikpe(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60: sad

This is heartbreaking.

I am fed up with saying RIP with each fresh calamity. angry

I refuse to believe that the quality of our lives cannot improve. Nigerian roads have been slaughter slabs for how long? 10? 20? 40? 50 years? Don't we deserve better? These people had families and loved ones.

This harvest of death is totally avoidable.

We must choose governments that fear us (we the people) enough to live up to their responsibilities or these needless deaths will continue.

The choice is ours.
cry cry cry my dear ur head dey there, this is brutality. What more can we say? Still R.I.P.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is serious... I just traveled from ilesha down to akure around 4p.m....hmmm
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by legba1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).
You arw very correct, back then

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

You are very correcr about that, I remmember back then in 1998, was travelling to IB my vehicle zoomed past a road safety pickup, I saw one of tehir men holding wat I later confirmedt o be a laser gun, by the time we arrived at the ibadan tol gate office, our ticket had benn prepared stating the numba o fvehicle nad actual speed. The driver was booked ot go pay at their office at niger state. Dont sees tuffs like that anymore. Chidoka turn them to a revenue generating organisation from a life saving organisation.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Btruth: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
God you know all about this. We can't ask you why though..... but please dear Lord, give each family members the fortitude to bear this lost and do grant the dead an eternal rest. RIP to the dead.

cry cry cry
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Rogers210: If you are going to sympathize, you can do so without necessarily blaming the government. There are myriads of other causes of road accidents apart from bad road. When will people like you take up responsibility for your destiny and stop pointing fingers ?

^^^^
Mr Rogers, kindly go through all my posts on this thread to have an idea of where I am coming from. You are absolutely right that there are several causes of RTAs apart from bad roads. What people need to understand is that these other causes have government failure (to varying degrees) as a common (though often remote or indirect) denominator. My other posts talk about this in detail. Go through them and tell me if your views are still unchanged.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by eric111111(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oh Lord help ur children.plssssssssss
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by redcliff: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Although i dont know when all these happened, but one thing i must say is that its the job of the police to uphold Any rule. Be it traffic or whatsoever.. but with the ineptitude of the police force, the govt who are 2 times more inept than the police force created another institution that would relief the force of one part of their job description..

Too many arms of law enforcement offshooting and fulfiling the job descriptions of the police... its sad really..
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by bankyteemoney(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jesus.oh my God
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by caniva(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ee'yah! May God strengthen the families of the deceased and forgive the deads. But let's not blame the road, our people drive recklessly, let's say the truth.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by redsun(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
If they had stayed away from the melancholy camp,they wouldn't have died so violently. They didn't need to go there,unless for official duties where they could make money out of it.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
All of us shouting 'bad roads' may be correct, but not in the manner you think.

To most Nigerians, a 'good' road is one that has no pot holes, bucket holes, tank holes and all the other types of holes.

Well, IMHO, all roads in Nigeria are not good, because they are not safe!

How many of us have driven along Abuja-Kubwa-Zuba expressway? Is the road 'good'? With those gullies they call drainage channels?

I fear for those who will ply Lokoja-Abuja when it is finished. Cars will fly from one lane to the opposite one in some places.

Sometimes I think our roads are designed by serial killers.

Drivers, especially those ones that load 'ilu oke' from iyana ipaja and oshodi are nutcases! Raving mad! I have some harrowing experiences moving from Lagos and RCCG camp to Osun in those buses.

RIP to the dead.

I don tire for to dey tok dis tin sef.

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by GodMode: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
ogtavia:

Guess you wanted to quote GodMode....and there is no in between good and evil,you can't be a little good and a little evil,or more good and less evil or vice-versa...just to clear things up.

That's my other moniker I got banned. You're contradicting yourself....
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by clemz88(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
God have mercy. May God grant them eternal rest Amen
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
oh my...

cry cry cry
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
anoda pointer to d fact dat God is an imagination. d safe journey prayers by adeboye did it work. we are at d mercy of nature. fuk jesus he cant save any1
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ogtavia(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
GodMode:

That's my other moniker I got banned. You're contradicting yourself....

How?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by d4real890(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
It so sad for those who are grieving alright now and may Almighty God forgive their inequity# sobbing
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Kingnonny(m): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
GOD HAVE...RIP
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by KriTic24A: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Most of these accidents are direct results of overspeeding.
To Arrive Alive Always, be patient on the road, get on your journey well ahead to create enough time for your patience or unforseen circumstances.
Think ahead of all situation, as in, the good and the 'other good', got my drift?
Obey road traffic laws. You can even prevent others having accident if you obey from your end.
Being concious of your speed is the best antidote to having an accident either the road is good or bad.

RIP........
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dear Lord, pls help ur church. May dia soul rest in peace. #Sober
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by zubby29(m): 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
U should b helping out in any way u can.its high time we stopped snapping pictures like dis.rip to dead.my prayers and thoughts are with der family
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by jawjaw1: 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

You are absolutely spot on. The average driver is the same all over the world. We would be in a hurry to get anywhere at neck breaking speed or detest driving at 50km/h when the road is free. The huge difference between the safety on Nigerian roads and roads in developed countries is the control. The police making intercity and highway patrols and aided with speed scanners and road side cameras provides the absolute control that prevents drivers from speeding to their deaths and causing the death of others.

For drivers in these parts of the world, the fear of a speeding ticket or demerit points on your licence is the beginning of wisdom. A speeding ticket can wipe away your savings or hard earnings in a day. The demerit points show on your driving abstract (driving record) and can deny you job oppurtunities. If the demerit points accumulate, your licence can be suspended and if you are caught driving without licence you could go to jail.

Its that simple, CONTROL is the answer. If you have an agency that adequately exercises control of driving behaviour on the roads all these needless accidents and deaths will reduce to the bearest minimum. The blame finally falls on government to build, fund and train such an agency. FULLSTOP.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / This Machine Can Wash Dangote Trucks, BRT, Luxurious Buses, Trailers In 6mins / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.