Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research (830 Views)

APC Spent N5 Billion On Buhari’s Chatham House Speech, PDP Campaign Alleges / “we Spent $1.1 Million Bribing Delegates In My Personal Car” – APC Member / How Oil Tycoon, Kola Aluko Spent $1.5M In Hours On Champagne In US (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
A new market research by Euromonitor International has revealed that last year (2013), women in Nigeria, South Africa and Cameroon alone spent a whopping $1.1 billion on their hair, Reuters reports.

It also includes purchases on shampoos, relaxers and hair lotions.

In a quick chat with a woman, Esther Ogble in Abuja, she said “I need to braid my hair so that I will look beautiful”. The 25-year-old said this while wincing as her hair was being combed, tugged, and woven.

The reporters also made reference to Muma Gee who recently said that shespends half a million Naira on her hair.

According to the report, the boom has attracted global brand likes L’Oreal and Unilever.

37-year-old Josephine Agwa in Wuse, Abuja says “The ones that don’t want to come (to the shop), they call us for home service.”, while a 20-year-old South African student says “I get bored if I have one style for too long.”

The report also says daring styles are part of the reasons for the high price, and hair extensions are mostly gotten from India and China.

The demand for hair products and human hair extensions is constantly growing. The analysis does not include sales from other sub-Saharan countries.

http://www.citifmonline.com/2014/08/09/african-women-spent-1-1-billion-on-their-hair-last-year-research/
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
No wonder we are in recession.

Oyibo dem do us finish. Even our own hair is now unacceptable to us.

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: No wonder we are in recession.

Oyibo dem do us finish. Even our own hair is now unacceptable to us.

God help Africa

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Imported artificial beauty is costing us...
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Fooolish women. Be proud of how God made you. Uphold your heritage with pride.
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wale112:

God help Africa

There's the problem. Still calling on foreign god to help you instead of doing something yourself.

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Blaqsmith(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
That money is enough for Ghana's fiscal year budget. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

There's the problem. Still calling on foreign god to help you instead of doing something yourself.

Are u an atheist?
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Blaqsmith: That money is enough for Ghana's fiscal year budget. grin

There are 54 countries in Africa. Why Ghana?

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
jerseyboy: Fooolish women. Be proud of how God made you. Uphold your heritage with pride.
be proud of how God made yu n u no like that gal for ur church or mosque with her hair so shabby.. Looking good s good biz bro
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

if I may ask, alfa on ur name indicates u a muslim rt?
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Tolexander: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Largest percentage of the billions spent is sourced from men.

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Blaqsmith(m): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wale112:

There are 54 countries in Africa. Why Ghana?
don't question ma choice man.are u from Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Wale112(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Blaqsmith: don't question ma choice man.are u from Ghana?

Im from Spain. Ewu gambia
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Tallesty1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
And women still claim to be better money managers *shrugs*
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by AngelicaDivine(f): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Blaqsmith(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wale112:

Im from Spain. Ewu gambia
am allergic to r.etards,especially those with first class...get lost and DON'T quote me again...eleri'bu

Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
My sweetheart is an exception
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by farano(f): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu: My sweetheart is an exception
Your sweet@ na deeper life she dey go? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
polymathic: if I may ask, alfa on ur name indicates u a muslim rt?

Is Alfa Romeo an islamic car?
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Is Alfa Romeo an islamic car?
grin smart dude... Me using my afrikaanism to pronunce the alfa...
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by poiZon: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
e no much na. imagine wetin my family dey spend on our dogs.......
Re: Nigerian Women Spent $1.1 Billion On Their Hair Last Year – Research by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
farano: Your sweet@ na deeper life she dey go? cheesy
hahahahaha,catholic but i will convert her to chosen

Tambuwal Set To Dump PDP For APC / Why I Slumped –enugu Deputy Gov / Australian Negotiator Reveals Boko Haram Sponsors