Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,860 members, 7,956,241 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film (8778 Views)

The Hollywood Reporter Writes About OJUJU / Most Wanted Queens" : . Movie Trailer(a Movie By Nigerian And Malaysian Actors) / Uganda's First Action Movie Trailer. A Must Watch! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Cymbal: 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
I already knw what the movie is all about even without watching.

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by bigfrancis21: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
SugaryBelle: Please what is ojuju?

It's Igbo for 'masquerade'. Ibibios/Efiks call it 'ekpo'.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by freakcin: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Reminds me of Insidious. Abeg, I nor get strength to watch any horror clip tonite. Don't want useless ojuju disturbing me in my dreams.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by SugaryBelle(f): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It's Igbo for 'masquerade'. Ibibios/Efiks call it 'ekpo'.
Thanks but ojuju is not an Igbo word. Masquerade in Igbo is ekpo,ekpe,mmuo etc.I think ojuju should be efik/ibibio?
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by bigfrancis21: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
SugaryBelle: Thanks but ojuju is not an Igbo word. Masquerade in Igbo is ekpo ,ekpe,mmuo etc.I think ojuju should be efik/ibibio?

@bold...Ekpo is Efik/Ibibio, except you are referring to the border communitites of Abia state (Abiriba, Ohafia etc) and Akwa-Ibom state that share loanwords and some traditions with each other. I've lived in calabar for 2 years and my mom's best friend was Ibibio. Mmuo/Ekpo/ekpe are not general Igbo words for masquerade. Mmuo refers to 'spirit'/'ghost'. In the anambra area and in official Igbo writing, it is more commonly called 'mmanwu'/'mmonwu'. However, informally it is called 'ojuju'.

Growing up during my early days in Igboland, we would sing Igbo songs in school then of which one was 'Ojuju calabar'. As teenagers, we used the phrase, 'ojuju calabar' to scare children. The word is popular in usage in Igboland, informally. It is rarely used in Ibibio/Efik lands.

Go to east and ask any Igbo child what masquerade is called and they'll quickly respond 'ojuju'. Even the English speaking Igbo children in the east call it 'ojuju' and rarely 'masquerade'.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Graviton2(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nice one, OP. This is what we need! Looking forward to the movie premiere.

BTW, was it Ebola that caused the Zombie pandemic? Hot water and Salt things! grin grin

But seriously, Good job,OP
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Graviton2: Nice one, OP. This is what we need! Looking forward to the movie premiere.

BTW, was it Ebola that caused the Zombie pandemic? Hot water and Salt things! grin grin

Thank you. Thank you guys. @ Graviton, this film was shot in november last year. Before the Ebola era

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Graviton2: Nice one, OP. This is what we need! Looking forward to the movie premiere.

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Graviton2(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
idprincess: Thank you. Thank you guys. @ Graviton, this film was shot in november last year. Before the Ebola era

Lol. You don't say! I had no idea. It just arrived on the front page, so I just assumed. I was kidding anyway.

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by checkdate(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
i love this wonderful effort. .
I wish da Production crew can do a WAZOBI with it (in IGBO / HAUSA & YORUBA LANGUAGES)
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by miccheck58: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
idprincess:
Watch the official teaser trailer for #ojujuthemovie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04umSkXvNo

Congrats Oge

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Atmmachine(m): 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please, don't force me to watch that movie.
#I hate Yoruba movies
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by eaglechild: 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Is this supposed to be a comedy? undecided
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Originalsly: 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Esejojo:

What the world desire to see from us are activities that are uniquely ours. Which is why I think this Ojuju movie can achieve. The environment I see being potrayed in the trailer is what global audiences would wants to see.

Kudos to the producers.
You need to somehow beat this into the heads of those Nollywood so called movers and shakers. On point comment. I'm impressed by this trailer as a whole and even more by the actors....seem professional...unlike most of those Nollywood celebrity who are so full of themselves and really full of ehmmm....full of it.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Simplyunique: Itz good to see we're stepping up in 9ja.

Download all the latest nollywood movies in english & yoruba here: http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
Sey d movie dey dere make I sharply download am
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2014

Download all the latest nollywood movies in english & yoruba here: http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Z8(m): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
idprincess:
Watch the official teaser trailer for #ojujuthemovie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04umSkXvNo
I

I am pleasantly surprised it's not the usual thing we see. Its obviously low budget but creating a niche for itself.

I fully support this and look forward to watching the whole movie. Pleases keep us posted.

P.S some shots of the OJUJU would have been nice. We don't even know what they look like

2 Likes

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by naijawarrior(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2014
Una no dey understand. Read the storyline first. This is not about ojuju Calabar, so make una no dey go shine eye say una dey fine masquerade or monster. This na zombie film. You no see the zombie for there. Dem tell you say something happen for the food or abi dey water dem dey drink for ghetto wey turn them into ojuju.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Originalsly: 5:32am On Aug 13, 2014

You say it's good to see our Nigerian movie makers stepping up but you promptly stab them in the back by advertising sources where people can download and watch the movies for free. Is this how we encourage them to step up? ...by working against them recoveringthir investments? This is sad.

3 Likes

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Dreyl(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2014
SugaryBelle: Ok,is that the name of the movie?
Trolling things smiley
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by VillageBoi(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Originalsly: You say it's good to see our Nigerian movie makers stepping up but you promptly stab them in the back by advertising sources where people can download and watch the movies for free. Is this how we encourage them to step up? ...by working against them recoveringthir investments? This is sad.
Very well said, how terribly sad is that?

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by mamaoge: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Kudos, idprincess! smileyMore grease to your elbows kiss

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ojuju!!! shocked
I`m scared grin
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by AdeniyiA(m): 11:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
embarassed This time o no Ojuju like Ebola.. cool.
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by nex(m): 5:43am On Aug 14, 2014
I have been waiting for this almost a year now, and I believe a very good job has been done. I salute the producers, cast and crew, and I look forward to seeing more of this from the Nigerian Movie Industry.

BAR BARIC.

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
SugaryBelle: Ok,is that the name of the movie?

yeah ..... OJUJU is the name of the movie,,,,
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by mamaoge: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
Ojuju Masquerade
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 18, 2014
lol. thanks guys. No masquerade there o.

Is it just me or did no one notice the opening text?
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Don't try to release this film on 3rd october. You'll have Kunle's October 1 to deal with. #Dazzall
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by prof800(m): 1:48am On Sep 14, 2014
speedyboi: Don't try to release this film on 3rd october. You'll have Kunle's October 1 to deal with. #Dazzall
Plus, I heard Lancelot Imasuen's 'Invasion 1897' is to be premiered during the first week of October too.
Clash of titans.

idprincess, take note. wink
Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
prof800:
Plus, I heard Lancelot Imasuen's 'Invasion 1897' is to be premiered during the first week of October too.
Clash of titans.

speedyboi: Don't try to release this film on 3rd october. You'll have Kunle's October 1 to deal with. #Dazzall
The release date of Oct 3 is completely a fiction by Afrinolly not from us. Thanks a lot guys! You are priceless!

1 Like

Re: OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 18, 2014
prof800:
Clash of titans.

oh really? Invasion will be the one to suffer then, cos the marketing is basically non-existent. October 1 on the other hand is in the air lol.

idprincess:
The release date of Oct 3 is completely a fiction by Afrinolly not from us. Thanks a lot guys! You are priceless!
does that mean that afrinolly has been feeding us with unconfirmed dates? Hia Lord have mercy and save me all these wierdness in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Renew Your Iroko Mobile Subscription And Enjoy Our Promo Price / Oscar Awards Live-----Inception n The King's Speech leading / How Do Tv Shows Make Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.