Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal (4554 Views)

6 Most Common Password Cracking Methods And Their Countermeasures / NIS Repatriates 7, 000 Illegal Immigrants / NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2008
We cannot allow people to use the forum to break the law and cheat. 
Please understand that as a webmaster, I have no choice in this matter.
I have to comply with the laws of Nigeria and the policies of my web host.

Update: This includes free browsing based on illegal acts, unfortunately.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by lancevader(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
seun the baba.hum?
bt at least seun,a warning 1st.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2008
I initially agreed with Seun with this when I saw his post about not wanting to promote piracy and all that, not because I thought the idea of downloading files from file sharing sites was wrong but because he has his site to protect but cj has a point here, what of all the illegal hacks for free download on MTN and all the phone software tricks what do you call that Seun? If your site was going to be closed down it would have been through this MTN thing. tell me one person here in Nigeria who buys original dvds of all the top tv shows, the ones they sell are still pirated, how many people get the chance to watch it on cable tv? so its not as if someone or some company is benefiting heavily from broadcasting this shows in Nigeria. So who is going to come after you just because links to download stuff from the internet are posted on your site? The real criminals are those selling the pirated dvds not those proving links to download it for free and literally we are just providing links to download files. Just my thought, I may be wrong. There so many ways to look at this.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by ogbongzky(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2008
hmnn, ok sir oooo cool
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Fadajasi(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2008
There is no such thing like piracy in this,its like buying a dvd,converting it,uploading it to a file sharing site,and giving out the link,just like m3nth0r
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by texazzpete(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
Fadajasi:

There is no such thing like piracy in this,its like buying a dvd,converting it,uploading it to a file sharing site,and giving out the link,just like m3nth0r

So it's alright as long as it's free, huh?
Use a better analogy than this. What you just described is illegal.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2008
The free browsing links will also be removed. We are already doing this - haven't you noticed?
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by lancevader(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2008
at seun wi .ani way u vee ur reason
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by tobidaflava(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2008
Back to square 1
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by ceejay80s(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2008
As 4 me,i go dey watch my prison break until e finish, secondly this thing wey una dey talk na story,seun ur website go dey boring very soon,go to dotsis,prodigits,nokiasoftware.net,dedomil,and all these indian and russian sites, their govt don close their website? I don leave nairaland 4 una. So to download online movies na piracy? Films wey no be from nollywood,na charlie boy tell una that one?
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by ceejay80s(m): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
Una don see where dem enter all these video shops,come arrest them for selling oyimbo films? Abi dem get special people wey suppose to dey import prison break series 4 naija? I wan know wetin make am illegal.These movies are not nollywood movies,so if i download tom and jerry for emobile.com na illegal.Even 4 cnn website wey u fit download and upload a particular news or scene na illegal? Barrister seun u don fail dis one o!
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by semid4lyfe(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2008
Alec,spot on analysis.
Seun,I'm sorry 2 say but u got it all wrong.What is being done in d Prisonbreak thread is not piracy.Abeg all of us go school na.
Just when u decide 2 grace d phone section with ur presence, na to strike all of us with your hammer.
Apart from that its obvious mustay & twinstaiye disagree with u on what constitutes piracy or else d thread would have been deleted since after all they saw d thread & let it flow.Twinstaiye even commended d thread.
So 4 d whole of naija,na only u sabi wetin piracy be?How nice!
Just when I was thinking I'll be getting my weekly dose of PB on d thread,u had 2 take this drastic action?
Na real wa for u o.
Any way sha,d knife & d yam dey your hand so u fit do as u like but me don yarn my church mind,Oga Seun.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Wilfem(m): 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2008
As a matter me fact, I must confess that I'm not happy with the drastic action of deleting the Prison break thread taken by our dear site owner. So Mr Seun, please kindly re-open the thread for the sake of your site members.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by soki2ng(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2008
I have nothing to say to the webmaster of this forum, its their Business (choppins) so they are free to deal with it any way they want. even if it means chasing away many "BAD GUYS" from this part of the forum, i don't think seun cares, after all there are other section apart from the phone section.
I dont really care about the prison break forum, i dont think i have ever entered there any day, my concern however is the FBT info that will also be taken away, i really pity for those yet to learn about it or are still tryin to find it in here, as for me. i have gotten all i want (MTN, ZAIN) and yes i can also update my self on latest soft and proxy if any gets blocked, so i dont F**king care if you delete the whole website,

Illegal and not Illegal Sh*t. na now una eye open, But WAIT OH, where in the mtn or zain terms of condition does it state that using softs on there settings is illegal, incase you dont know, those softwares we've been sharing in here for FBT were produced for free trials, and you are free to contribute to their research of making internet unrestricted (Opera, Tor and others). nough said,
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by Seun(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2008
I'm very sorry, but this step isn't optional to me. Nairaland is an open site, nothing we do is hidden.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by dragnet: 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2008
Aint it ironic?? phone section decay started around oct/nov. last year, . . .phone section cleaning up is starting oct this year cheesy
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by semid4lyfe(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
Seun,u're really stiffling free speech in dis section of d forum.U post ur reply 2 a thread & u want it 2 be d last & final word?without giving room 4 others 2 posts?So u're invariably saying only u knows all & u're right all d time?
Kai!So upon all d toasting wey we don do,u still no fit get change of heart?Na wa 4 u o!I pity ur wife cos it's obvious u're a pretty difficult,unyielding & WRONGLY PRINCIPLED man.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by hayprof(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
Seun:

I'm very sorry, but this step isn't optional to me.  Nairaland is an open site, nothing we do is hidden.

. . so tell me wat exactly is Hidden ?  
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by hayprof(m): 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2008
Some1 told me A Bank is Owned by the Public, . .

Who then owns Nairaland.com *crap* lipsrsealed
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by initialize(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Seun
You don't seem be telling the truth with all u have said, what i think is that u're be funded by these men that produce the pirated copies n they've complained to you about the drop of sales of seasonal films due to d download option we've stick to then u decided to stop d thread due to ur selfish interest. When u visit other forum sites like mobiles mania, mobi planet, gsm wise. etc. they also have a mobile video thread which include videos from all region including their own country n it's never considered as piracy lastly, what the solution should have been is that we should stop giving DVD Movies link e.g step up, mirrors. but not seasonal films like PB, Lost, which is aired free on foreign TV n no nigeria has right to it. Also, why don't u go to the TV section to delete their FTA sh*t
@ceejays
A piece of advice : create a new thread that is strickly for free to air programs like PB n co. n lets see what the webmaster is going to do. The title of the thread should be; mobile videos for ur phones.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by hayprof(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2008
Seun, made a wrong decision of activating the Reply button on this[b] THREAD.[/b] .

I wasn't expecting to see it enabled anyway, It is as Good as locked . .

@All, Lay your complains @ ur Doorsteps. .*only for you to step ova it the next morning - e dey Happen!* cool -This is no Democracy! lipsrsealed
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by ceejay80s(m): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2008
Shame dey catch seun to bring back the prison break thread,e no say him wrong,everybody is against u.The guy wan confuse us with grammar(piracy),e no know say all of us go school. duduradio.com na nigerian site,where u fit download any nigerian songs 4 free so tell me why govt no close site.Seun u are guilty,i dey help u make ur site bigger, u no know,when i started dat pb download,i go type prison break for google,na nairaland link e go open,so u no know say i dey help u advertise u site? U know how the owner of youtube make money? Google and yahoo dey fight 4 youtube. Any music name wey u type insid blueapple.mobi,80% of video wey dey there na from youtube,so youtube dey pirate songs too? Seun u are wrong! How many original cd or dvd movie dey ur house?Seun i have a question 4 u and if i dey lie,i go resign 4 nairaland,u no get 150naira dvd or cd movie for ur house? Becos i know say the original ones na 1500naira or more
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by initialize(m): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Seun
Con'td, go to TV section n delete their FTA thread cos that also should be considered as piracy to the likes of DSTV, Hitv, Daar-sat. 2. Go to music /radio section where nigeria musics are uploaded or download links are shared n delete their threads too cos that should be considered as major piracy due to the nigeria content of the links
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by initialize(m): 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Seun
Con'td, go to TV section n delete their FTA thread cos that also should be considered as piracy to the likes of DSTV, Hitv, Daar-sat. 2. Go to music /radio section where nigeria musics are uploaded or download links are shared n delete their threads too cos that should be considered as major piracy due to the nigeria content of the links
The things u suppose to delete are left untouched, like 419 advert, scam messages, unsubscribe advert, and referral links to other pay sites.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by hayprof(m): 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2008
A Original Dvd Movie goes for #3,000 and much more . .

Story: A nigerian believe to have bought 9ice Album nd happy with him self that He contributed to the guys sales. . little did he knw he bought a Photocopied Version. .

Question: Is 9ice aware?  grin

My believe: Musician don't leave on the Album they Sell, the Public buys You. .

Most of our musician release a Hit track on radio/T.V only for the Album to contain crap, disheartening to the ears. . and you want me to purchase his work?

I have been buying Usher's Album since the day of You remind me Am I aware it a Copied/Pirated/Fake Version . .So goes for Local Artistes. .

Who is to Blame Seun Or The Artiste!?

And who deserves the Applause Nairaland.com Or the Owner?!

I still believe an Artiste sells his Talent not His Album . .*correct me 0oo*  wink
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by 4peace(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2008
i now understand that u guys can't leave this forum
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by fanistic(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2008
Lets all pretend seun did the right thing! After all na him site. End of discussion.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by dreday(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2008
I think Seun's case is baseless.So,if there are links to Super Story,who's the culprit?The person who uploaded the data or the person who provides the links to it?
The answer is simple enough.There is nothing illegal being done by providing links.
Besides,as some other people have said,when PB et al finally hits Nigerian markets,is there any form of kickback or royalty being paid to the producers?HELL NO.
Ask yourself this simple question.The operating systems being used by many PCs in 9ja today,are they really licensed from Microsoft?
Again,how on earth would a Nigerian living in Nigeria see PB 2 watch?NOWHERE.'cos PB airs on Fox channel and that's not available on the packages we et from our Sat tv providers.
There're a lot more stuff i could refer to but I have a feeling they would be falling on deaf ears(we know who).
As for me,i've booked with ceejay and he's agreed 2 keep supplying my 'fix'.
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by semid4lyfe(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Seun-Initialize,hayproof & ceejay are very correct in their analogy & description of piracy & I agree with them 100%. So wetin u dey try talk be say all of us are illiterates & don't know what constitutes piracy abi?
I don't know d schools u attended but if na there them teach u se wetin guys dey do 4 d Prisonbreak thread na PIRACY then what can I say except owo jo no(money burn).
Finally,it takes a bigman 2 admit he erred,apologize & ask 4 4giveness, so restoring that thread will not belittle u in any way as it will only increase d love & respect nairalanders have for you.Apart from that,I also find d piracy u're isinuating that is being done blatantly offensive & an insult on my intelligence because believe me,I'm an highly educated person who works & pays his own bills.It ain't my fault that I'm younger @ heart than u & I still find pleasure in d simple things of life.
Finally,finally u're swimming against a very strong tide which will only drown u.
See as small power dey shack u sef.YEYE!
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by sisqology(m): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2008
Shakes my head, What a life
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by donjon: 12:39am On Oct 20, 2008
i don miss
Re: Cracking Down On Piracy And Anything Illegal by thomp4pal(m): 1:06am On Oct 20, 2008
Me 2 oohh,Ehhyyah sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Barcanista / Python Swallows Baby At Edo (pixs Included) / The Catfish That Eats Monkeys.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.