Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? (5315 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women / China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2008
Na wah o!
im sure you are unaware of the many muslims in the US army, they are surely not christians.
I really dont think you see what everyone else sees
turn on your TV and watch CNN and see what your 'peaceful' brothers are up to in mumbai and you know what, i dont expect any condemnation of such acts from you or other muslims of your ilk,they are fighting for your god isnt it?
i will only believe you stories when you come out to denounce such acts and stop giving support (either overt or tacitly) for such brazen disregard for human life.
bloodletting and islam, an inseparable duo!
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2008
@reindeer: Stop saying that you love relentlessly, because you don't. If you did, you will know that your discriminatory attitude towards Islam is an endictment on your "love claim."

I know there are muslims in US army, which therefore points to your silly claims that there are no good people in Islam. If you consider what America did in Iraq good. You can't have it both ways, man. You can say that islam is bad, thyen while the american soldiers are good. Yet you know there are muslims in american military! Duuh.

Santa was riding many reindeers on Macy's parade, earlier. lol. Were you there? Aburo. Oga sir.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2008
bros,
u try but you and i know that people are people and there are good people everywhere, either in iran or in the american army, make no mistake, I'm not an american apologist because i know there are many bad deeds being done for the sake of money being cloaked as war in the middle east and illl never support the killing of innocents on whichever side they be on, my prob is with the fact that islam seems to breed hatred and violence against non muslims, and its everywhere all around, you don't have to look far to see this and moreso the fact that you guys find it really hard to come and and say the truth, that violence against innocents in the name of a god is cowardly and evil.
Can you olabowale come out boldly to condemn such acts as we see in mumbai right now?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2008
And the current Santa

He cant even afford my antlers grin
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2008
@reindeer: I condemn all act of violence against anyone, innocent. Or even guilty, long after the fact. I encourage forgiveness, in every case. Seeking the Mercy and Forgiveness as Reward by these from Allah the Almighty. Thats my Islam. I am not creating anything new. All my statements above can be found in the Qur'aan. And in the actions of Muhammad (as).

Your antlers, lol. They are very cheap. If Santa rides reindeer(s), how much is the cost of the antler of one of them? Dirt cheap.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2008
I condemn all act of violence against anyone, innocent. Or even guilty, long after the fact.

You are a total and utter liar. Tell me: Does Allah smile upon liars? I should imagine that you can find a way to twist Islam so that he does, yes? wink

You don't condemn violence unless it's against your filthy "religion". Other than that, any monstrous evil perpetrated in the name of Allah is fair game. Let's get one thing straight though - your religion isn't Islam. It's a perverted corruption of Islam which thrives on extremism and fundamentalism.

One only has to read through this forum and view your posts in this thread and the one regarding the young girl put to death by stoning to realise that you are a distasteful, lying hypocrite.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2008
@Bastage: Distasteful hypocracy is not anyone will use to describe me. My friend know that I am direct and sincere. maybe too direct. And you must have been reading my post backward, on the subject of the murdered young woman (ra).

Please show a single entry to all of us, where I hinted a prejudicial or hypocritical opinion against the late woman? I wanna see if you have been reading my thoughts or you are just trying to say something funny, untrue and distasteful about me.

Finally, if I show you from Qur'aan and or hadith (the choice is mine) where forgiveness is emphasised, even when revenge is necessary, will you forfeit your life earning to my charitable organization developing HIV/AIDS drugs to be distributed to the poors, starting from African Children, and or if you are not wealthy or afraid of poverty you must become Muslim, immediately, now?

bastage, I dey wait for ya answer, ol boy. Please ready to put on Jilbab and stop the short short that you wear thinking that you are covered up, while to me you are as naked as a jailbird. (jailbird has no privacy, you know!).

I love Islam too much. Maybe this is your complaint against me.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
So unclothedness bothers you does it, olabawole?

Weren't the first people made naked? Wasn't it only because they ate from the Tree that unclothedness became something to be "ashamed" of?
Wasn't the naked body given by Allah? Is a human being born wearing the jilbab?

You wear stupid clothes because they're a throw-back to Islam's desert origins. The early Muslims had no choice, they had to cover arms and legs or the Sun would burn them to a crisp. They weren't Nigerians who could stand the Sun's rays, my friend. They were Arabs - covering themselves was protection.

And then we move onto the ridiculous wear that you force on women.
This was enforced purely so that women were hidden away from the prying eyes of other members of the tribe. By doing so, temptation to adulterise was removed and the harmony was maintained.
Ironic that women are forced to cover their heads and faces purely because Muslim men are so weak that they cannot keep their cocks in their pants if they see a woman's skin. Pathetic.

Blame it all on Allah though. He'd want you to dress like a desert nomad wouldn't he? And he needs your women to cover up their faces because he must have created them real ugly. Otherwise, what's the need? Unless you still follow your predecessors' urge to rape on sight.

You'd have me dress like a weak drone like yourself? Nah. I have a fashion request for you though. Something you'd probably look good in. It's called a "funeral shroud".
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
And Bastage has declared that he will never die. No one can guarantee that you will outlive me. Yes am older, but it is not a guaranty that I will die before you. But while I am preparing for mine time, I am not in a hurry to meet Allah, because there are still a load of good deeds ahead of me.

My mother is 80+, still strong in body, voice and Alhamdulillah, in Spiritual underpinning. Her father died amost at the age of 100 or even older. I am embanking on good deeds, so I ask Allah to allow me to live very long to the ripe age of 120/130 years, in strength. So if you look at me, at this age, I am still a boy. I still have many children to raise. Whats important to me, which separates us from each other, is religion. I am a muslim. I accept my position as a slave and a creation of Allah.

You on the other hand, arrogantly think that you are son of a god. And foolishly make your Creator a human being. Now you have been warned by all of us, Allah's slaves, males and females. You have no excuse against any of us when you have to come for Judgement. I accept my faith, and fate while I seek the mercy of Allah for my short comings. What are you doing about your own situation? Who are you going to run to for help, when there is no helper, but Allah on that day?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2008
Guys!
Can we pls tone down the abuses?
Its getting a little personal, i think we were having a nice discussion here before all these
well i guess alhaji has answered my question directly so i hold my peace.
I only wish your 'non violence' kind of islam gets preached i every mosque worldwide, then the world will be a quiter, safer place where the george bushes will have no excusefor waging wars.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2008
In wars there are no winners
we all lose.
I wish the world will embrace peace because at the end of the day its the iinocent people that suffer, George Bushe's family will never suffer, so will the rat-in-the-hole Osama, he will not even have a bruise but will encourage young men to go and die for the cause.
if those people have the guts, they should all go to the front and carry arms.
I just detest mongers!
The world will be a better place with love.

Bastage and Olabowale, let peace reign!
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 12:37am On Dec 03, 2008
I accept my faith, and fate while I seek the mercy of Allah for my short comings. What are you doing about your own situation? Who are you going to run to for help, when there is no helper, but Allah on that day?

LOL. You don't accept your faith. You're a slave to it. Acceptance takes freewill.
Yet you don't have that feewill. You spend your whole life preparing for Death. Why?
So you can go to "Paradise". There is no freewill when there is something which forces you to worship.

You worship Allah so that He will reward you. That's not worshipping Allah for who He is. That's worshipping so you get paid or don't get punished - worshipping for yourself.

A lot of fundamentalist Christians do the same. They worship so that they go to Heaven and avoid Hell. Let me tell you what that's called. It's called "Service to Self". Some would call it Satanism.

Who will I run to for help? What will I do about my situation? Nothing. I worship Allah for who He is. Nothing else. The reward or the punishment means absolutely nothing. It's totally irrelevant.
And if He doesn't accept that, then great. If he does accept it, great. Either way it's His choice and not mine. But He gave me free-will and I intend to use it. Why don't you try exercising that gift for a change?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2008
@reindeer: Thanks for your suggestion. I do not hold personal animosity toward bastage. I guess he thinks I will die before him. If that is the case, it is the decree of the Most Powerful. Allah says in the Qur'aan that nothing happens except by His permission, alone. And everyone of us will taste death.

In the maintime, it is not what I think about every minute, while I am not unmindful of it, though. I have a full life in the maintime. I still want to make many babies. I want to see even the great grandsons and daughters of my sons.

Then I have a full life now. I do good work and wants the best reward for me in this world, while the best rewards are kept for me, starting right from the time I die. Give me another 70 years, in good wholesome health and 1000% sound mind and body!

I am working and having fun. Part of my fun, when I have the time is Dawah on Nairaland. My Islam is not boring. And its all freewill. It is in the same dimension of freewill exercised by a person who ran out of a burning house, when it is clear to him and everyone that if he remains he will be burnt to crisp. It is the same manner of freewill exercised by the guy who when a lifeline is thrown to him in a raging flood, that he catches it and get saved. I exercise my freewill not to stand in the middle of the highway, during heavy traffic, and expect to come back unbruised. I am no fool. I don't know about others. I know my limitations. I try to stay within it.

Will I not seek the mercy of Allah, and hope in His reward? THose who do not are arrogant. If they are punished for their arrogance, it will not be unjust. It is because of their pride. Only Allah has and entitled to PRIDE! Even He, in ahadith Kursi states that He is "Ashamed" to punish His Slaves who in their "Old age" still prostrate their faces in worship to Him.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2008
Will I not seek the mercy of Allah, and hope in His reward? THose who do not are arrogant. If they are punished for their arrogance, it will not be unjust. It is because of their pride.

It is nothing to do with pride. In fact it is utterly the opposite. It's because Allah IS.
You're so shallow, you don't seem to understand that.

Here we go again:

while the best rewards are kept for me, starting right from the time I die.

Why do you need to be rewarded? What do you ever think you can do to make you worthy of earning Allah's reward? Sorry. But saying that you think you can ever be deserving of reward means that you are the one full of Pride.

Like I said, you're worshipping because you want something. You're worshipping because you're paid to worship. You're not worshipping for Allah's sake but for your own.
Sit down and think about why you worship Allah. If your answer contains the words "So I'm rewarded" you're not worshipping him at all.
It's no different from the master who thinks that his dog "loves" him because he feeds him a bone. Does the dog understand the concept of love? Or does he only lick his master's hand and give the impression of love in the hope of getting a full belly?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Bastage: Am shocked that you indicate yourself as a "muslim." Or maybe I am assuming wrongly, here. Muslim does not wish another muslim ill. Especially when there is no rancor between them. To think that garment of death is the only fashion that fits me, is an evil thing to say from one muslim to another.

No one wishes death on himself. It is haram to wish death on oneself. It is even also haram to wish it on anybody.
Proofs: Pharaoh, even in his evil deeds, MUsa (AS), did not wish death on him. Muhammad (AS) did not wish death on anyone, except where he was commanded. Same was the case with Musa.

Allah says in the Qur'aan that they wish death on themselves, but when death approaches, they wish they could take flight (escape it). Allah also says that if they were sure, why don't they wish death on themselves. Muhammad (AS), in awe of souls being lost, he stood up while the funeral proceeding of a Jew was passing in Madina.

There are things you should say to people in anger. Wishing them death should not be one of them. If they have no evil intention towards you, then your statement that is made in anger will rise to heaven and be returned to the speaker. I want the best for you. So be mindful of your speech.

Now, I am a person who enjoys life. Have you have heard of "red camel" before in Islam? It was the best of transportation. Just like what Lamborghini, Ferrari, MCLauren, Bugatti, etc are today. These are my things for enjoyment.

I do not practice a boring Islam, while I try to involve myself in what is good.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Bastage: « #141 on: Today at 02:36:33 PM »

It is nothing to do with pride. In fact it is utterly the opposite. It's because Allah IS.
You're so shallow, you don't seem to understand that.

Allah commanded Muhammad (AS). Muhammad obeyed, right way. Allah says to him, that if he had not done what He commanded him, Muhammad would have been siezed by the jugular. His punishment would have been the "doubled."
Allah also said that if Muhammad had not done as he had been commanded, he would not have "delivered" the message that he was sent to deliver, exactly. In another part of Qur'aan, it was stated that Muhammad had delivered his sent message as a faithful messenger.

In the farewell address, Muhammad (AS) asked the people if he had not delivered the messeage to them, complete? They answered in one voice; "yes, you delivered it!" Umar bin Kattab (RA) kissed the black stone of the Kaaba. he remarked, oh stone, you have no power/value over me, except that I kiss you, because I saw the prophet kissed you.

Bastage: if you are a Muslim, do you know Allah better than Umar bin Kattab? Do you know know Allah more than Muhhammad (AS)? Neither one of them did not but expect full reward from Allah. Allah says in Surah Isra about Nuh (AS), that he was a grateful slave. Muhammad was told by Aisha that he was worshipping Allah too much at Night. He responded to Aisha "Shouldn't I be grateful to My Lord" for forgiving me all my sins. Even though Muhammad (aS) was not a sinner. Yet, he was not puffed up in pride.

I see you have a load of it, bastage. Pele pele o.

[Quote]
Like I said, you're worshipping because you want something. You're worshipping because you're paid to worship. You're not worshipping for Allah's sake but for your own.
Sit down and think about why you worship Allah. If your answer contains the words "So I'm rewarded" you're not worshipping him at all.
It's no different from the master who thinks that his dog "loves" him because he feeds him a bone. Does the dog understand the concept of love? Or does he only lick his master's hand and give the impression of love in the hope of getting a full belly?
[/quote]

This dude is Dr. Doolittle. No. He is better than Dr. Doolittle. While the Dr. only talked, Bastage is able to read the emotion of the animals, by his statement above. I am at least grateful, that Allah made me a Muslim. And did not make me an Idol worshipper from Ijebu Ode, or spliced with the idol worshipping of Owo people.

If you do not worship Allah partly because you fear His punishment, in addition to loving Him, then you are a liar of the highest order. There is no place that Allah states that He should be worshipped purely out of freewill, and no reward or avoidance of punishment.

Allah says "Fear me." In another, "If you Love Me, follow Muhammad" Can you point to a verse in the Qur'aan where it is stated that worship Allah only out of your freewill, without expecting any reward? This man needs to educate me about Islam.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2008
About Bastage's "His Islam".
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2008
LMAO.
I'm not a Muslim. So therefore well over three quarters of your ranting is meaningless.

Can you point to a verse in the Qur'aan where it is stated that worship Allah only out of your freewill.

Again LMAO. The authors of the Qur'an were hardly going to allow that to happen were they? If they'd have allowed choice and not relied on fear and persuasion, Islam wouldn't have lasted a month.

But let me give you these words from an Islamic philosopher:

"O my Lord! if I worship Thee in fear of Hell, burn me in Hell; and if I worship Thee in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise; but if I worship Thee for Thine own sake, withhold not Thine everlasting beauty!"
- Rabi'ah of Basra. 714AC - 801AC.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
And any who defers from Muhammad in the way of Islam, should a Muslim follow him? I do not have another true and pure Prophet after Muhammad (AS).

Hence your philosophy example is meaningless. Allah say Hope in Him. He also says Fear Him. He also mention doing things for His sake. I take all of them, when appropriate.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2008
Hence your philosophy example is meaningless.

One of the greatest recognised philosophers within Islam is "meaningless"?

Yes. I suppose she is just as long as she doesn't fit your agenda of shallowness. Or could it be because she was merely a woman? A second-class citizen who should have been seen and not heard?

Mohammed came out of the cave, dude. You've never left it.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by javalove(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2008
Bastage:

LMAO.
I'm not a Muslim. So therefore well over three quarters of your ranting is meaningless.

Again LMAO. The authors of the Qur'an were hardly going to allow that to happen were they? If they'd have allowed choice and not relied on fear and persuasion, Islam wouldn't have lasted a month.

But let me give you these words from an Islamic philosopher:

"O my Lord! if I worship Thee in fear of Hell, burn me in Hell; and if I worship Thee in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise; but if I worship Thee for Thine own sake, withhold not Thine everlasting beauty!"
- Rabi'ah of Basra. 714AC - 801AC.

not every book was compiled like d bible. ur thinking has been soooo bastardized that u think The Qut'an was compiled like the bible. The Quran was revealed by God Almighty through Angel Jibril and every revelation was memorized word for word. Later they were written on rocks, on animal bones till it wad finally printed.

You will not find anywhere in the Quran where Prophet Muhammed is commaning an action. He was always receiving.

Unlike the bible where the words of Jesus are not even uo to 12 A4 sheets and yet the book is attributed to God. Some people who wrote the bible never saw Jesus yet the its still the book of God. Some of the authors of some books are unknown and yet the bible is called the word of God. U berra go do ur research and aw d bible came to be before saying trash about the Quran. The quran is free from errors and contradictions.

If u are a truth seeker, research sincerely into how the bible and the quran came to be and judge for urself, i doubt if there is any atom of sincerity in ur heart
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by babs787(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Javalove

You beat me to this dear brother cheesy:

I wanted to reply but you outsmart me. Thanks for the response jare. I am not even sure most of them know their religion let alone coming to this section to discuss about my religion.

@Bastage

Do you think the Quran was compiled like your bible? Do you need us to go through your bible from Genesis to Revelation and if its 100% words of God?
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by javalove(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2008
babs787:

@Javalove

You beat me to this dear brother cheesy:

me sef dey 'gbinyanju' ni oooo. grin
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
Do you think the Quran was compiled like your bible? Do you need us to go through your bible from Genesis to Revelation and if its 100% words of God?

You guys are very assuming people. First you assume I'm a Muslim and now you assume I place all of my belief in the Christian Bible.

The Quran was revealed by God Almighty through Angel Jibril and every revelation was memorized word for word. Later they were written on rocks, on animal bones till it wad finally printed.

Sure it was. Or you could actually do what you claim I should do and research. If you do, you will find it drew heavily on earlier religions (the Judaic plagiarism is too obvious to state) and there is basically nothing in there that hasn't been taken from elsewhere.  
If the angel Gabriel really did hand it down to Mohammed, he deserves a good kicking for stealing everyone else's work.

babs787. Don't flatter yourself my dear. Being a student of theology and therefore more open-minded and educated, I probably know more about "your" religion than you ever will - especially with you being hampered by your ability to comprehend (poorly) only what the other brain-washed drones tell you.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by reindeer: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2008
Looks like the topic has been derailed.

sad
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
And Bastage was at the core of it.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by babs787(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Bastage

babs787. Don't flatter yourself my dear. Being a student of theology and therefore more open-minded and educated, I[b] probably know more about "your" religion than you ever will [/b]- especially with you being hampered by your ability to comprehend (poorly) only what the other brain-washed drones tell you.

Oga, I dont deal with boasters like you but believe in facts. It is even good that you know lots about my religion and it would do you good if you and I discuss the religion with facts and not just story telling so that I would learn from you.

When you are ready, set the ball rolling,
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by Bastage: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2008
I don't deal with boasters like you but believe in facts.

Islam, like Christianity, is a religion.
It is a system of beliefs. It is not a fact however much you would like to state that it is.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by olabowale(m): 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
When Bastage said is "not," as he has above, he is alluding to the fact that he knows everything. Even the past, the present and the future. Everything.
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by babs787(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yes Bastage is mr. know all. grin
Re: Death Penalty For Muslim Apostates? by LawJay: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
Olabowale or watever u call urself. Obviously, you have so much free time to be able to post so much.

However, one thing is clear and very clear from all your posts: You have been unable to justify the killing of apostates.

It is shameful that you are living in a state with religious freedom. If you so much belief in your cause, you should be living in Saudi Arabia. This is a different age we live in, it is totally barbaric for anyone to even suggest imprisonment for a person because he converted to another religion for whatever intent and purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Beautifying Yourself For Your Husband; 'the Muslima's Perspective' / Moslems And Life After Death / Sleeping With Light On Is Disliked In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.