Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

"God Is Angry With Liberia" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Is Angry With Liberia" (737 Views)

Nigeria's Megachurches, Liberia And S/leon Needs Your Financial Help. / Why Are You Angry With God? / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"God Is Angry With Liberia" by Jamesqu(m): 2:46am On Aug 11, 2014
shocked shocked

Men of God Conclude at Meeting of Bishops, Pastors, Prophets, Evangelists

.By: Observer Staff.

More than 100 Bishops, Pastors, General Overseers, Prophets, Evangelists and other Ministers of the Gospel, under the auspices of the Liberia Council of Churches (LCC), converged Wednesday at the edifice of the St. Stephen Episcopal Church on 10th Street in Sinkor, Monrovia, to deliberate on the Church’s role in and response to the Ebola epidemic.

The meeting was called by Archbishop Jonathan B.B. Hart, President of the LCC, who was also recently elected and enthroned Archbishop of the Internal Province of West Africa.

At the meeting were mainstream church leaders such as Archbishop of the Catholic Church of Liberia, Lewis Zeiglier, first vice president of the LCC, Rt. Reverend Dr. Kortu Brown, as well as representatives of other Christian associations with whom the LCC collaborated in organizing the meeting.

The Pentecostal Fellowship Union of Liberia, Liberia Fellowship of Full Gospel Ministers, Association of Evangelicals of Liberia, Prophetic Call to Ministers, Christian Community in Liberia, Apostolic World Christian Fellowship, were all represented.

The meeting was expected to discuss and consider an enhanced spiritual response by the church in Liberia to the prevailing Ebola virus.

The men of God, meanstream Episcopalians and non-denominational evangelicals alike, unanimously endorsed the following resolution:

That God is angry with Liberia, and that Ebola is a plague.

Liberians have to pray and seek God's forgiveness over the corruption and immoral acts (such as homosexualism, etc.) that continue to penetrate our society. As Christians, we must repent and seek God's forgiveness.

That a three-day indoor fast and prayer across the nation be observed, commencing next Wednesday, August 6th, and concluding Friday, August 8th.

That an inter-denominational committee be constituted to present said resolution to government.

That if government is in agreement, the Republic of Liberia be locked up for three days of fast and prayer. All movement should be restricted during those three days. People should stay at home for three days of silence, fasting and prayer.

Said committee plans to present its resolution to the Liberian leadership today, July 31st.

Relatedly, the Roman Catholic faithful in Liberia, Wednesday ended a three-day prayer call made by Archbishop Lewis Jerome Zeigler, of the Catholic Archdiocese of Monrovia.

Last Sunday, Archbishop Zeigler in a Homily during Mass at the Sacred Heart Cathedral in Monrovia, called on all members of the Catholic Church in Liberia to observe three days of serious prayers, using the Holy Rosary for God’s intervention to bring remedy to the Ebola epidemic.

Rt. Rev. Zeigler urged Christians, especially Catholics, to knock on the door of God. “The Church has used faithful and truthful prayers to God for intervention in our lives in times of peace, war or famine. Let us not miss this opportunity to pray together and go to God in the spirit of humility and repentance,” he admonished Catholics.

The Catholic prelate warned that Liberia has a very heavy load to carry, and called on all Liberians to unitedly shoulder that burden.

Shocking!!!

http://www.liberianobserver.com/news-religion/god-angry-liberia
Re: "God Is Angry With Liberia" by 1stola: 3:47am On Aug 11, 2014
As a Laboratory Technologist, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top government health agencies through their website and still waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the disease has killed lots of people.
This is not a public stunt! I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this 'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!

my link

https://www.nairaland.com/1847993/love-volunteer-take-care-ebola

(1) (Reply)

After 7days Fasting & Prayer.2.5million Was Transfered Into His Account.help! / ENTER HERE For Any Kind Of Video Tutorials (step-by-step: Beginners & Advanced) / This Reminds Me Of Many So-called Atheists On This Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.