Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? (7101 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by braine(m): 5:47am On Oct 27, 2013
Sometimes when one looks back at bad things that happened in the past or that are presently happening after being very faithful, is it right for one to be angry with God? The story of Job comes to one`s mind when one thinks of it but I believe that's a different case•

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Omexonomy: 6:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes and no
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by PastorOluT(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2013
No, I believe when u understand Him more as a result of ur relationship with Him, u would know better and know all things work together for ur good.
Though u can question (reason) with Him, with that u will garner more understanding as to why all that is happening like Job.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by djeezy(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2013
When things go awry in our lives, we tend to put the blame on someone. But then we believe God has power over all which includes causing something to happen or preventing it. And when something we don't want to happen eventually happens, we get angry with God for allowing it happen. If we truly understand God's purpose for our lives, we will thank God in everything.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by grandstar(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2013
The cause of Jobs problems was actually Satan.God is never the cause of our problems Jobs 34:10,11,Deut 32:4,5 Prov 19:3.Satan is d primary cause of human sorrow 1 JOHN5:19.Also bad things just happen eccl 9:11 & we r our worst enemy-Gal 6:7

Satan was the one that brought the calamity upon Job. He wanted to break JOB's integrity. He claimed that Job and in extension only serve God because He is good to us. But if we start suffering, we will all desert God. Did Job desert God despite the great calamities that befell him. No! He refused to take his integrity from himself (Job 27:5)

Jehovah God is never the cause of our sufferings (Job 34:10-12)

10 So listen to me, you men of understanding:* It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly,+ For the Almighty to do wrong!+ 11 For he will reward a man according to what he does+ And bring upon him the consequences of his ways. 12 For a certainty, God does not act wickedly;+ The Almighty does not pervert justice

Also mankind suffers due to bad things just happening ECCL 9:11,12
11 I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle,+ nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches,+ nor do those with knowledge always have success,+ because time and unexpected events* overtake them all. 12 For man does not know his time.+ Just as fish are caught in an evil net and birds are caught in a trap, so the sons of men are ensnared in a time of disaster,* when it suddenly overtakes them.

And the 2rd reason is that we are our own worst enemies (Gal 6:7)
Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap;+ 8 because the one sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but the one sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit.

We should not also forget what is written at James 1:13-15

13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed* by his own desire.+ 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile,* gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death

And most importantly "the world is lying in the power of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19, 2 Cor 4:4). People often think that Jehovah God is the ruler. No its Satan. He even offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world! (Matthew 4:8,9)

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2013
I don't know what to say to this as an answer.
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by israel007: 8:28am On Oct 27, 2013
In all things give thanks (though it's easier said than done)

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by mumumugu(m): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes,but dont act out of annoyance

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Tpave(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2013
If you want to be angry with God, why not forsake/deny him and try the other side of life/faith.
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:57am On Oct 27, 2013
it depends on which god you are talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2013
No it is not right, it is called Ruminating thoughts- these are the same thoughts that go around and round your head but get you nowhere. Often about past disappointments, missed opportunities, failed relationships, and when this happens you tend to be in a bitter state of mind with your own delusion.
it is a symptom of Schizophrenia
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Tpave: If you want to be angry with God, why not forsake/deny him and try the other side of life/faith.

Atheists enjoy a good side of life wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2013
braine: Sometimes when one looks back at bad things that happened in the past or that are presently happening after being very faithful, is it right for one to be angry with God? The story of Job comes to one`s mind when one thinks of it but I believe that's a different case•

No. One cannot be angry with God. You can't be angry with what does not exist.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by warrikid(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2013
If you Love and adore ur maker,ur Love for him would supercede watever it is dat supposedly wud trigger ur anger 2wards Him.
Bottomline,you don't Love Him to be able to even think of getting angry wit HIM.
My 2kobo.
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by skyscraperTM(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
It's not Right. It's Left.
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by everyday: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2013
No
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2013
Atimes unenviable persistent conditions and circumstances gets ppl praying to God with clenched fists n teeth,you know,when u look inwards and are sure u doing ur best to live right n things not just working n u find urself silently shouting mouth closed! The bible said something about believers under trials...not to count it as strange,and to be assured that God is nt unaware of what they are going through,but will surely make a way out. And besides its only bastard.s the bible says He doesnt chastise! Again Look inwards and be sure ur ways are right with Him and that u are undergoing such trials not as a criminal but guiltess like Christ...I believe its all about consistent faith in Him on the part of the believer that should keep da spirit and head up. Keep praying and praising...God Bless.
Note: God is NEVER WRONG AND NEVER MAKES MISTAKES AND REMAINS THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF MERCY AND COMPASSION.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by soccer3: 10:49am On Oct 27, 2013
YES..., Jacob fought an angel and he changed his name to Israel ., Sometimes when i am praying i do let him know that am angry with the way things are and he understands me and quickly fix it.... Jesus got angry on the cross and he shouted why hath thou forsaken me...

Hanah got angry at shiloh and she started praying like a mad woman and her prayer was answered ...

Abraham got angry and he asked him is it me that you didn't give children and his prayer was answered....

We are too many here on planet earth..You have to show some sign of seriousness when chatting with him through prayers......

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2013
soccer3: YES..., Jacob fought an angel and he changed his name to Israel sometimes when i am praying i do let him know that am angry with the way things are and he understands me and quickly fix it.... Jesus got angry on the cross and he shouted why hath thou forsaken me...
Hanah got angry at shiloh and she started praying like a mad woman and her prayer was answered ...

Abraham got angry and he asked him is it me that you didn't give children

We are many here on planet earth here..You have to show some sign of seriousness when chatting with him through prayers......

Yes, I agree with you. Crying at times while praying also help, and making some referential quotations (Bible) about his promises to Israel and all offsprings/descendants of Abraham too.
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by soccer3: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Yes, I agree with you. Crying at times while praying also help, and making some referential quotations about his promises to Israel and all offsprings of Abraham too.

YES!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by datmix(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2013
No it's not right. No matter the condition you find yourself either good or bad. Give thanks to God because he's the author and finisher of our faith.... Happy Sunday NLer
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by AbuMikey(m): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013

For why na? undecided

I don enter plenty wahala wen be say Baba God dey rescue me from, so , I nor go bold vex for am oo shocked

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2013
Jacob wrestled with God all night long.
-------------------------------------------
Genesis 32:22-32
-------------------------------------------
Jacob Wrestles With God [b]22 [/b]That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven
sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. [b]23 [/b]After he had sent them across the stream, he sent
over all his possessions. [b]24[/b]So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. [b]25 [/b]When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s
hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled
with the man. [b]26 [/b]Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you
bless me.” [b]27[/b]The man asked him, “What is your name?” “Jacob,” he answered. [b]28 [/b]Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[a] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have
overcome.” [b]29[/b]Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.” But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then
he blessed him there. [b]30[/b]So Jacob called the place Peniel,[b] saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life
was spared.” [b]31[/b]The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, [c] and he was limping because of his hip. [b]32[/b]Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip,
because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched
near the tendon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by trolling(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Get angry with Him all you want to, He still has the power of life and death, like Paul said are we stronger than Him,do we provoke Him to jealousy, when judgment day comes let me see what your anger against Him will resort to, how can you get angry with a Being that can take away your life in a micro second, like Job said desire not the night when people are cut off
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Missonas(f): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2013
No because God is good and just
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by braine(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2013
soccer3: YES..., Jacob fought an angel and he changed his name to Israel sometimes when i am praying i do let him know that am angry with the way things are and he understands me and quickly fix it.... Jesus got angry on the cross and he shouted why hath thou forsaken me...

Abraham got angry and he asked him is it me that you didn't give children and his prayer was answered....

We are too many here on planet earth..You have to show some sign of seriousness when chatting with him through prayers......

I really agree with this
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes.. am currently angry with him now sef
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by sarutobie(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2013
israel007: In all things give thanks (though it's easier said than done)
Yea,we are human afterall..when our Lord christ Jesus was about to be taken to face unfathomable pain,humilation and death he prayed "let this cup pass over me"..the burden was overwhelming..but in the end he said"Let your will be done"..and the spirit of God saw him through it all..
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by sasel4love(m): 11:26am On Oct 27, 2013
You don't need to say No to the post since you KNOW or BELIEVE that He doesn't exist...wy r u contradicting urself?.....Who doesn't exist?.....You, urself or Your creator?....hw many people feel ur presence{i mean ur EXISTENCE} in ur family talkless of ur community or local govt or ur state or ur country and the world as a whole...u bttr repent b4 is 2 late.
rationalmind:

No. One cannot be angry with God. You can't be angry with what does not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by leofab(f): 11:28am On Oct 27, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Yes, I agree with you. Crying at times while praying also help, and making some referential quotations (Bible) about his promises to Israel and all offsprings/descendants of Abraham too.
must you remind him, is God a politician that you must remind Him of His MANIFESTOs?
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by Lex11(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2013
A bad idea...

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
" - Isaiah 55:8-9

"As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." - Psalm 18:30
Re: Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? by treasurebaby(f): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2013
D only person to be angry with is Satan d devil not our ever loving God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPINION: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? / Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / Visions Exposing The Plans Of The Enemy To Hinder Christians From Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.