Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today (3324 Views)

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Press Release From The Hosp. In Lagos Where The 1st Ebola Case Was Noticed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
About 2hrs ago a woman (fresh case of Ebola) came to LASUTH accompanied by a friend covered herself from head to toe and went to the general outpatient department (pediatrics building), she told the doctor that she was having fever and when the doctor (name witheld) saw the rashes and skin of the patient she fled and raised alarm. The director of clinical services and training was notified, and some measures were taken like evacuating patients from the building and preparing to fumigate that floor, overalls, gloves, face masks and other hand sanitizers are on the go now.
The hospital is in a state of disarray right now, lasuth is now making attempts to produce more coveralls, and are preparing to fumigate the area.
The doctor threw her ward coat into a dustbin after fleeing the scene. I am trying to ascertain the fate of the patient and her companion.

LASUTH does have the laboratory test kits at this time, so no clinical diagnosis was made.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Chynx(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Waiting...
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Youngsage: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Amhappy(f): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
This is getting scary. Did the hospital call for her evacuation or allowed into the streets to find her way to Yaba?
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Dreal1247: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Us release this medicine to Nigeic.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Just finished speaking to a very senior staff. The facts above are correct. The entire floor (ground floor) of the building has been evacuated and will soon be fumigated.
The patient is a high profile person (possibly a politician from what I hear), she was refered to yaba and left in her ride.
The only thing left is for me to enter the building and take pictures, but even I am not so crazy afterall.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
This is getting out of hand.. united nations agenda 21 and the first commandment of the Georgia guide stones... depopulation and Ebola is just the perfect weapon. Lord have mercy and save us
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am beginning to get the jitters, my office is not far from the scene of all this. I am thinking of taking leave ASAP, i know many people are thinking it.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by wildflower22(f): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
God help Nigeria
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
Amhappy: This is getting scary. Did the hospital call for her evacuation or allowed into the streets to find her way to Yaba?
she's been incarcerated but think bout it,she probably boarded a bus,cab....What of her neighbors ? no one's safe again
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Pelumiv(m): 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
@ Op, you are a doctor and I don't need to tell you what to do. Sha go take ya bath, buy hand sanitizer n put into ya pocket + orogbo in ur mouth. Lol. May God save us.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18: I am beginning to get the jitters, my office is not far from the scene of all this. I am thinking of taking leave ASAP, i know many people are thinking it.

Erry one is scared to the bones, even in the Lasuth staff bus am currently in,every one is avoiding body contact .......So serious.

Lord help us
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pelumiv: @ Op, you are a doctor and I don't need to tell you what to do. Sha go take ya bath, buy hand sanitizer n put into ya pocket + orogbo in ur mouth. Lol. May God save us.
O boy, I can even draw blood from HIV patients without wearing gloves if it is a dire emmergency, but if i see an ebola patient, I might just jump out of the window.

Jregz:
Erry one is scared to the bones, even in the Lasuth staff bus am currently in,every one is avoiding body contact .......So serious.
Lord help us
No mind that boy, He is talking as if He is superman. Seeing Ebola in pictures is different from seeing it live!
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
The morale of this event is that one should be suspicious of people covering themselves from head to too - whether na Hijab or whatever - once you are covered from head to toe, I aint moving near you ever again - I prefer to be paranoid than . . .

1 Like

Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18:
O boy, I can even draw blood from HIV patients without wearing gloves if it is a dire emmergency, but if i see an ebola patient, I might just jump out of the window.

No mind that boy, He is talking as if He is superman. Seeing Ebola in pictures is different from seeing it live!
definitely sir,I didn't see the lady but I was told about it when I wanted to board the staff bus......

By the way,I never knew you a doctor.....cool cool
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
^^^pinshure of me claiming to be a lasuth doctor anywhere on nairaland or adonbilivit
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Chamber10(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18: About 2hrs ago a woman (fresh case of Ebola) came to LASUTH accompanied by a friend covered herself from head to toe and went to the general outpatient department (pediatrics building), she told the doctor she was having fever and when the doctor (name witheld) saw the spots he fled and raised alarm. The director of clinical services and training was notified.
Right now all patients have been evacuated from the pediatrics building.
The hospital is in a state of disarray right now, lasuth is now making attempts to produce more overrals, and are preparing to fumigate the area and taking other measures.
The doctor threw his ward coat into a dustbin after fleeing the scene. I am trying to ascertain the fate of the patient and her companion.
More facts coming, the hospital is in a state of buzz right now.

Op you are an bloody alarmist. How can you say 'fresh case of Ebola' when it has not been established by lab test? So anyone that has fever now is Ebola? You sounded like an illiterate. Pls stop raising people's BP for unconfirmed report. angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chamber10:

Op you are an bloody alarmist. How can you say 'fresh case of Ebola' when it has not been established by lab test? So anyone that has fever now is Ebola? You sounded like an illiterate. Pls stop raising people's BP for unconfirmed report. angry angry angry angry angry
Maybe I should say a possible fresh case, since the diagnosis was not confirmed through laboratory because LASUTH at this time does not have the laboratory kits.
But the signs and symptoms were unequivocal, why are you nairalanders always quick to insult. Say whatever you like, that does not change a thing.

1 Like

Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18: ^^^dont mind that boy, I dont know why he just decided to blow my double-identity wide open in the public - that I have taken pains to hide from years. I hope this thread wont get to frontpage or I am fried.
Hehe......it's not getting to the front-page, no mod would stick it without a "valid" source ....

I'm having my industrial attachment there, I hope to meet you some day cos all those your PHP things dey burst my brain grin.grin ,am just about to start taking Lessons on PHP....
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chamber10:

fever with bumps, ugly looking sores...fever that made a doctor run for his dear life and start taking Preventive measures ? Just wait till you see it on punch or vanguard
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Valid source eh? Make them call the CMD or MONITORING TEAM +234 805-769-9900, +234 805-769-9800 to confirm now.

PHP eh? well, we might meet possibly.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by moneybag100: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nairaland is getting scary these days...I wish am not this exposed to news....so so scary stories about Ebola.

1 Like

Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
This was not a carry-story I assure you, i expect it to come out in newspaper except they decide to cover it (as hospital no do laboratory diagnosis to confirm am). I am even still inside LASUTH right now as we speak.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18: Valid source eh? Make them call the CMD or MONITORING TEAM +234 805-769-9900, +234 805-769-9800 to confirm now.

PHP eh? well, we might meet possibly.
Looking forward to that day
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by moneybag100: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18: This was not a carry-story I assure you, i expect it to come out in newspaper except they decide to cover it (as hospital no do laboratory diagnosis to confirm am). I am even still inside LASUTH right now as we speak.
Bro, is it confirmed is Ebola?
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
moneybag100: Nairaland is getting scary these days...I wish am not this exposed to news....so so cary stories about Ebola.

this is true Bro though it hasn't been confirmed In the lab but for a qualified and experienced doc to Run,you should know it's more than meets the eye........

meanwhile I just Took my bath with hot water and "6 bottle covers".of dettol .....Olorun maje ka ko arun kogbo-gun
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
Funny how this same news was passed around on the 3rd of August....

https://www.nairaland.com/1840649/breaking-news-ebola-case-lasuth

Isn't there something better to do than passing around cooked up stories, just to garner attention?
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
moneybag100:
Bro, is it confirmed is Ebola?
You wan confirm am abi?

bossladyMo: Funny how this same news was passed around on the 3rd of August....
https://www.nairaland.com/1840649/breaking-news-ebola-case-lasuth
Isn't there something better to do than passing around cooked up stories, just to garner attention?
There is no smoke without fire. That one is complicated, I dont want to go into that, but something did happen to make that person post that. As at the time i came in, the issue has been cleared so i kept quiet.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by moneybag100: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18:
You wan confirm am abi?

There is no smoke without fire. That one is complicated, I dont want to go into that, but something did happen to make that person post that. As at the time i came in, the issue has been cleared so i kept quiet.
Nawa o my brother.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
dhtml18:
You wan confirm am abi?

So the same thing happened again, 8 days after Yea right!

This is all bollocks! Funny how there is no news about this anywhere else on the internet, except here and yhat of the 3rd.
Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

So the same thing happened again, 8 days after Yea right!

This is all bollocks! Funny how there is no news about this anywhere else on the internet, except here and yhat of the 3rd.
Please stop trying to side-track me with your talks. I dont bear the same user-name with the other person, and I am not here to answer your personal query, believe what you may.
Mind you I reported this as the whole drama was still unfolding, and i believed i dropped some contacts up there, call to confirm if you will, and stop bugging me. I dont post false stuffs on nairaland, and I am not a newbie here.

1 Like

Re: A Possible Fresh Ebola Case Was Seen In Lasuth Today by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
@bossladymo, you just registered on nairaland 2013, and you are here arguing with me? I no be your mate for nairaland, oya, Kneel down now so I may spare you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Class Hospital In Orifite, Anambra State(video & Photos) / Oral Thrust Cure / Ways To Easily Remove Unwanted Hair From The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.