Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions (791 Views)

Everything about SCAM and how to avoid it! / STOP WASTING MONEY BY GOING TO COTONOU TO BUY CAR - TRIPLE A AUTO AUCTIONS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions by DRealGeesam(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
It is no news to those who are Auto savvy in Nigeria that, the Nigeria Customs Services do not Auction cars online.

What surprises me is the brazen manner in which this Con artists use the name, logos and name of high ranking officials in the Nigeria Customs to brand their trade, YET some of these scam platforms have been operating for over a year and NOTHING has been done to put them down.

Is it possible that this scam sites have some official backings.
Or we are just nonchalant as a Nation

What is your take on this matter and what is your experience
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions by DRealGeesam(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
This is a post by a nairalander that proves this fact.
tayosquat:
I was contacted by d
fraudsters as well but i was
smart enough 2 know who
they were. i immediately sent
a mail to nigeriancustoms
email as regards my readiness
to help in apprehending ds
rogues but got no reply frm
them
. i av like 3 of ds men
with their phone numbers
thru whch we communicated.
Beware of offers. If it sounds 2
good 2 be true, it's false.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
10 out of 10 customs officers are corrupt, they don't really care, as long as what you are complaining about does not affect their flow of cash they don't mind, their names are already soiled in egunje.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions by polarman(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
It is really a shame in Nigeria that all the military formation(s) have taken corruption as a way of life. Look at it, is it the police or the Customs or the even the Army have joined. There is no respect for the uniform they put on, and the guns they carry seems to put them in the class of untouchables.

We really need a re-orientation and serious punishments for offenders, The truth is that we pay lip-service to fighting corruption and it started a long time ago. I remember vividly when i was in the Secondary School (1985-91) whenever a law was passed, we would relax for 2 weeks on whatever evils we were doing that brought about the law and get back at it afterwards and to your greatest surprise, there were no punishments to these evils. We need a change and the change starts from every individual i.e. me and you.

GAZZUZZ: 10 out of 10 customs officers are corrupt, they don't really care, as long as what you are complaining about does not affect their flow of cash they don't mind, their names are already soiled in egunje.

@Gazzuzz you are very correct with what you said. I believe we also have to change our priorities. Most people have their priority on Money, Money, Money but a good name is far better than gold and silver.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service Nonchalant About Scam Customs Auctions by DRealGeesam(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
polarman: It is really a shame in Nigeria that all the military formation(s) have taken corruption as a way of life. Look at it, is it the police or the Customs or the even the Army have joined. There is no respect for the uniform they put on, and the guns they carry seems to put them in the class of untouchables.

We really need a re-orientation and serious punishments for offenders, The truth is that we pay lip-service to fighting corruption and it started a long time ago. I remember vividly when i was in the Secondary School (1985-91) whenever a law was passed, we would relax for 2 weeks on whatever evils we were doing that brought about the law and get back at it afterwards and to your greatest surprise, there were no punishments to these evils. We need a change and the change starts from every individual i.e. me and you.

@Gazzuzz you are very correct with what you said. I believe we also have to change our priorities. Most people have their priority on Money, Money, Money but a good name is far better than gold and silver.

Unfortunate indeed. I really marvel at the fact that the control General has not taken a staunch stand in this matter, to the extent that these con artist ply their trade openly without fear of arrest. You should see how confident they are when you deal with them, they dont hide their identity, they behave as if they are into something legal using the name of the Nigeria Customs service and top officials.

There is more than meets the eye in this case.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2004 Model For Sale... / A Clean Registered 2004 Lexus Gx470 For N2.4m / Diesel Generator 27kva For Sale At Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.