Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,589 members, 7,850,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide (793 Views)

Peter Bunor Is Dead: Veteran Nollywood Actor Dies In Asaba / Wunmi Obe Attacks Robin Williams’ Widow In Heartless Open Letter / Robin Williams Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.

He was 63.

The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation, authorities said. According to his publicist, Williams had been battling severe depression.

Williams was best known for his starring roles in classic comedies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Dr. Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. He rose to fame while playing Mork the alien in the TV show Mork & Mindy, a Happy Days spinoff.

Most recently, Williams had starred in the new CBS sitcom 'The Crazy Ones.' It was cancelled after just one season.

Susan Schneider, the actor's wife, released the following statement to the New York Times' Dave Itzkoff:

"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
Fellow actors took to Twitter to express deep sorrows on the death of the popular actor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by EbolaParasite: 12:52am On Aug 12, 2014
Just in case

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 12, 2014
EbolaParasite: Just in case
cheesy cheesy cheesy
incase....
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Airforce1(m): 1:11am On Aug 12, 2014
Depression kills

May his soul rest in perfect peace sad
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Wow! That's a huge loss in the film industry, may his loved ones find healing and comfort. undecided
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Dreal1247: 1:49am On Aug 12, 2014
True happiness only comes from God. A comedian- dying of depression. Sounds funny. Rip.

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:02am On Aug 12, 2014
Well I hear people who make others laugh are the saddest themselves
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Kalvan1000: 3:25am On Aug 12, 2014

Good night sweet Prince.

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by elobyobi: 4:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Eyaa, poor guy
RIP.
The guy was a real comic. Loved his fake accents.
Dear God, protect Aki and Pawpaw. If they ever get depressed, e go easy pass for them to overdose. Amen. grin
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 12, 2014
Kalvan1000:

Good night sweet Prince.

Mrs Doubtfire....the film that introduced me to genius...

So sad and shocked.

2 Likes

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 12, 2014
DaVinChiSam: Well I hear people who make others laugh are the saddest themselves

True....and very tragic.

1 Like

Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Kalvan1000: 4:55am On Aug 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Mrs Doubtfire....the film that introduced me to genius...

So sad and shocked.

It's such a great movie.
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by decode55(m): 5:14am On Aug 12, 2014
RIP

The angriest Man in Brooklyn
Re: Robin Williams Dead: Beloved Actor Dies In Apparent Suicide by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Well it better to be unkwn nd die peacefully den al dis,fame shit, one cnt even enjoy life as it was meant to, most of dem been frustrated ... well if it truly sucide no pity for u.. bt if not RIP

(1) (Reply)

Cotonuo cars / Nollywood Actress Chika Ike Loses Dad! / Caption This PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.