Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! (1112 Views)

Seen In Traffic Today. / Car Overheats In Traffic / Best Gear To Use In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by salinson: 2:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Am driving Nissan premera if am on motion the car a/c will be soo chill that sometimes I av to off it, but once am stock in traffic in a sunny day the A/C won't be chill any longer until am off the traffic, what can I do?
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by oseo1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
You probably need gas, also check your temperature gauge if your car is overheating.
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by salinson: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
thanks for the reply
think the gas was recently refilled and the temperature gauge is working perfectly its not overheating.
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by Kashif(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Some cars turn off their compressor at extremely low RPMs. That could be your case.

1 Like

Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by luvinhubby(m): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
An indication of weak compressor unit since it will take a higher RPM from your engine before it pumps gas and cannot do so at lower RPMs as in an idling situation in a go-slow.

Change the compressor with a decent fairly used.

1 Like

Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by DECOtech(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Get yourself a new compressor unit.
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by Milikiman: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2014
I think D's prob is common wt primera.from xprience,,I bought 1 in 2008 and another in 2013.it was same probb
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by salinson: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
salinson: Am driving Nissan premera if am on motion the car a/c will be soo chill that sometimes I av to off it, but once am stock in traffic in a sunny day the A/C won't be chill any longer until am off the traffic, what can I do?
I do notice that at night if am inside the car parked somewhere & the AC is on within 10mins I won't be able to withstand the cold I will have to off it. Am just confused or is because of the thermostat that I did not remove?
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
Check the Cabin Filter replace it or clean it you're not supposed to remove the thermostat.
Re: Why My A/C Get Hot In Traffic!!! by 19naia(m): 4:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Compressor relies on the engine rotation to work.. If its only working at high speed, then something is wrong with the compressor.. And you have put gas in ,so that eliminates the chance that there is not enough gas being compressed under idle power..
Its the compressor not managing with only idle power.. The compressor has lost its compression loading.. Like an old tire pump that only pumps well when you pump it vigorously.. when they are new, the hand pumps will pump and hold compression even with slow steady pressure applied, because the seals in the compression chamber are still in a tight fit with no leaks...

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Honda Civic? / IN - CAR Aux In Adapter Ipod Iphone Interface / Top 10 Amazing Cars You Can’t Legally Drive On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.