Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos (1155 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Tests Positive For Ebola In Liberia / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Test Positive For Pregnant But Ultra Scan Says No Sac Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by ideee03(f): 8:13am On Aug 12, 2014
A pregnant woman who went for her usual check up at the First Consultant Hospital Obalande – same hospital that Patrick Sawyer was admitted – tested positive of the virus on Friday. She got infected after being treated by the same nurse, Obi Justina Ejelonu, who attended to the Liberian carrier, Patrick Sawyer.

Recall that two nurses came in direct contact with Mr. Sawyer and one of them died last week – the other nurse, Justina is still alive. The pregnant woman has since been quarantined at the mainland hospital where there is an isolation emergency centre for Ebola virus victims.

- Source: http://akpraise.com/2014/08/12/pregnant-woman-tests-positive-for-ebola-in-obalende-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.OMxHcvWR.dpuf

Na wao....poor woman and baby.
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by ennyhollar1(f): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2014
may God safe us

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by freshness2020: 8:55am On Aug 12, 2014
This is baaaaaaaaaaad news!
Two victims in One.. Poor innocent child!
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by remecy(f): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2014
If this news is true then the MGT of that so called hospital should be jailed. when the world knows fully well that that hospital is the birth land of EBOLA. common sense did not tell them to fumigate the hospital and close it for some time. even the nurse sef still dey work. and the PUBLIC should have long avioded that hospital like a plauge. Even me not in lagos that hospital name dey my memory card.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by iamSi(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Wait oo .. I don't understand this ebola again ... This virus must be airborne ... Flying around .
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by ideee03(f): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2014
The nurse probably did not know she was infected.Even at that after the Sawyer incident they should have tested and quarantined all those that came in contact with the man.
remecy: If this news is true then the MGT of that so called hospital should be jailed. when the world knows fully well that that hospital is the birth land of EBOLA. common sense did not tell them to fumigate the hospital and close it for some time. even the nurse sef still dey work. and the PUBLIC should have long avioded that hospital like a plauge. Even me not in lagos that hospital name dey my memory card.
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by delishpot: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2014
ideee03: The nurse probably did not know she was infected.Even at that after the Sawyer incident they should have tested and quarantined all those that came in contact with the man.

Sometimes I am forced to believe Nigerian docttors do not have access to internet and also, they do not read health stuff after they leave school.
Haba, so after Mr sawyer died, they did not realize that this is a seriouse problem judging by how ebola spreads? Doctor fell sick still they did not try to contact those he came in contact with before he ahowed symptom, nurse fell sick they still dis not do anything and I am sure even now, they have not gone back to their register to find all the people the doctor and nurses attended before they showed syptoms.
That hospital after Mr sawyers death should have been evacuated and all patients kept on observation list.
Besides, dont they have more qualified doctors who are in charge of health in the nation some equivalent of the american CDC who know their job?
Na wa for naija o. Na everything person must use hand hold them and direct them to where dem suppose face like p€ni$ wey get some dysfunction.
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by remecy(f): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
ideee03: The nurse probably did not know she was infected.Even at that after the Sawyer incident they should have tested and quarantined all those that came in contact with the man.
How would she not know that she is infected, since then she has not gotten the EBOLA sign abi.
Re: Pregnant Woman Tests Positive For Ebola In Obalende, Lagos by MrTeymee(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help,on Behave Of My Sister. / How To Know Which Counterfeit Meds? / Interesting Facts About The Female Reproductive System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.