Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

When Does A Boy Become A Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Does A Boy Become A Man? (1158 Views)

Photo Of The Day: How Did This Little Boy Become So Naughty? / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins / When Does A Woman Conceive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Would you say you are a man? If yes, then I will be happy to know how to be one and what manhood entails, but if NO, then we are asking the same question, which is: When does a boy become a man?
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
When he takes responsibility for his actions, independent and can fed for himself. However, some men never do embarassed

1 Like

Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
or when he has sex cheesy

femixyz: Would you say you are a man? If yes, then I will be happy to know how to be one and what manhood entails, but if NO, then we are asking the same question, which is: When does a boy become a man?
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by durella4(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
femixyz: Would you say you are a man? If yes, then I will be happy to know how to be one and what manhood entails, but if NO, then we are asking the same question, which is: When does a boy become a
man?

When he gets a girl pregnant.shekina
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Tallesty1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Alexis0: When he takes responsibility for his actions, independent and can fed for himself. However, some men never do embarassed
Right, you know you are a man when you start facing whats facing you.
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by mployer(m): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
When he becomes more rational than emotional.

1 Like

Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
i believe being rational does not have to do with age. if that is true, then u mean a rational 8year old kid is a man?
mployer:

Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tallesty1: Right, you know you are a man when you start facing whats facing you.
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by mployer(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
femixyz: i believe being rational does not have to do with age. if that is true, then u mean a rational 8year old kid is a man?

Being a man has nothing to do with age, it is in the mind.
Kids are known to be emotional. But if an 8year old becomes more rational than emotional(which rarely happens) then he can be referred to as a man.

Rationality is for men, emotion is for women and kids. But we love them that way.

2 Likes

Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
some boys have been responsible for their well-being right from their tender age and they fend for themselves, does that make them a man? smiley
Alexis0: When he takes responsibility for his actions, independent and can fed for himself. However, some men never do embarassed
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Dlionsheart: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
mployer:

mployer:
Being a man has nothing to do with age, it is in the mind.
Kids are known to be emotional. But if an 8year old becomes more rational than emotional(which rarely happens) then he can be referred to as a man.
Rationality is for men, emotion is for women and kids. But we love them that way.

For being this rational and for thinking outside the box, I, the king of the jungle with the power bestowed on me, crown you 'A MAN'. Henceforth, you shall be call a man on this forum. Shekina!
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by mployer(m): 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dlionsheart:

For being this rational and for thinking outside the box, I, the king of the jungle with the power bestowed on me, crown you 'A MAN'. Henceforth, you shall be call a man on this forum. Shekina!
grin grin
Thanks so much king of jungle
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
dont be so fast king of the jungle. cool
mployer:
grin grin
Thanks so much king of jungle
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by mployer(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
femixyz: dont be so fast king of the jungle. cool
lol.
I ain't the king of the jungle. Dlionsheart is
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Kirinwa: 5:34am On Aug 13, 2014
femixyz: some boys have been responsible for their well-being right from their tender age and they fend for themselves, does that make them a man? smiley

Yes plus the physical 18 years requirement by law.
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2014
We have all spoken well. Let's look at it from this point. The cultural development and messages being communicated by the media has thickens the fog of confusion in the society over the question of gender.
Presently, boys and young men are desperately looking for models of manhood and answers to their urgent questions of male identity, male responsibility and male roles. The answer we are looking for goes far beyond biology and chronological age.
Hence there is need for us to think deep and bring forth answers from within us. Thanks cool
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Agybabe(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
When he can foot bills grin , and face the realities of life!
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
I became a man early in life, when I lost my dad and realized I had siblings to cater for.
I stopped thinking about myself first and think of how my actions would affect my siblings and my mother.
You become a man when you face responsibilities and handle them well.

Omo at times I wish I was still a child. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by KanwuliaJara: 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
When he can ACT LIKE A MAN! kiss
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by femixyz(m): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Here are 13 attribute of a man. after this attributes we should be able to examine ourselves if we have attain the stage of MANHOOD!!!![quote][/quote][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Let's start with the first 3
1. Sufficient Maturity to lead a Wife and Children
2. Personal Maturity to be a Responsible Husband and Father
3. Economic Maturity to hold an Adult Job and Handle Money

for explanation on this points you can visit [http://echioma.com/post/1/inspiration-and-motivation/138/when-does-a-boy-become-a-man]
Re: When Does A Boy Become A Man? by anukulapo: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
teeo: I became a man early in life, when I lost my dad and realized I had siblings to cater for.
I stopped thinking about myself first and think of how my actions would affect my siblings and my mother.
You become a man when you face responsibilities and handle them well.

Omo at times I wish I was still a child. embarassed
Someone once told me that "you're now a man" when I lost my dad years ago...I picked offence from the statement as it wasn't a reasonable statement in such a situation and I thought he spoke from a shallow mind (from vain words he pick somewhere without thinking).

He's almost 50years old and his dad is still alive and I regard him as "a boy" considering that he still has a father.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Nollywood Actress Toyin Aimaku And Husband Separate After Eleven Months / Only if he is the Father... / 1 Womb 2 Dads: DNA Tests Prove Twin Sisters Have Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.